Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree548Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-03-2014, 21:08   #766
Beacon of light

Re: Christian Science

I can. I have been married to my man for 47 years. I cannot say that we never had a crossed word, because we had (and still do).....and I believe that those who say they never had an argument either didn't speak to one another or have a foggy memory.

It must be a really boring life if you always, always agree on everything.
Accrington Web
Old 21-03-2014, 21:09   #767

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Nobody can equal that...anyone who claims never to have argued with their missus/husband/partner/unholy alliance is either a doormat or a complete liar.

Do you perchance have 'Welcome' stencilled on your overpronounced forehead?

K99WARD...Continually plumbing the depths of redneck dogma since Nov 2013..
Old 21-03-2014, 21:13   #768
Beacon of light

Guinness, I'm with you on that one.
The spats and the falling outs are a bit like the bubbles in champagne....and for someone who never fell out....think of all the joyous making up they missed.
Old 21-03-2014, 21:34   #769
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Christian Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by K99WARD View Post
I was very happily married for twenty seven years until the death of my wife. I loved her so much that I haven't looked at another woman since except perhaps to say hello or good morning.

Your starting to repeat yourself not just with you religious carp but with your trips down memory lane.
Alzheimer's?

I for one don't care what your marriage was like and would be very pleased if you took it and your religion elsewhere.

All this proves to me is you really are a very sad man.
Restless likes this.
Old 21-03-2014, 21:38   #770

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Guinness, I'm with you on that one.
The spats and the falling outs are a bit like the bubbles in champagne....and for someone who never fell out....think of all the joyous making up they missed.
Unbelievable the derogatory way he speaks of his departed wife...

If he is right about the afterlife..she is probably stood beside the pearly gates, tapping her feet, wielding a humongous rolling pin ready to smack him into the outfield of his own personal limbo the moment he shuffles his mortal coil....

Ain't a Buddhist..but wouldn't that be real Karma
Old 21-03-2014, 21:46   #771

Christian Science

As for never an argument, she was probably frightened into a corner, forced to read the 'good' book and too scared to raise her head because the wrath of God would be delivered on any one that showed spirit (unless it was a Holy Spirit that is).
Old 21-03-2014, 22:30   #772

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Nobody can equal that...anyone who claims never to have argued with their missus/husband/partner/unholy alliance is either a doormat or a complete liar.

Do you perchance have 'Welcome' stencilled on your overpronounced forehead?

K99WARD...Continually plumbing the depths of redneck dogma since Nov 2013..
There you go Guinness, judging everyone by your standards. I merely posted that info just to let you know I am not the ogre some would have you believe.
Old 21-03-2014, 22:47   #773

Christian Science

Quote:
There you go Guinness, judging everyone by your standards. I merely posted that info just to let you know I am not the ogre some would have you believe.

Stop your whining, we don't care what you are, how long you were married or anything to do with your warped beliefs all we want from you is that you log out and stay out.
Old 21-03-2014, 23:11   #774

I am beginning to feel sorry for K99 and his late wife. No ‘discussions’ from opposing points of view, no ‘debating’ on varied topics, just agreement on everything - how bleeding boring!!!!!

My old bloke and me disagree on lots of things – and we do have the odd (educated) argument or two along the way, but we respect each other’s right to be able to think for ourselves and to have our own opinions. It makes for a healthy partnership which is definitely not one-sided.

It sounds as if your wife, K99, might have been somewhat brow-beaten by you and your crusading – or maybe she owned some ear plugs…….
Old 21-03-2014, 23:12   #775

Quote:
My standards..

Do not abuse my life partner
Be open to counter argument
Accept that everyone has an opinion even though they disagree with mine

Your standards..

What I say goes regardless or I'll selectively quote from a book..(don't get me started on the one you quoted from whilst ignoring the passages on slavery and wife beating)
Restless and maxthecollie like this.

Last edited by Guinness; 21-03-2014 at 23:16.
Old 22-03-2014, 06:47   #776

My answers to page 52

1. No Arguments = boring. Not a it of it. Just peace and harmony.

2. Lying about it? Not a bit of it. Just joy and tranquility.

3. The best time to make love is when she wants to. That way no one is offended.

4. She is probably stood beside the pearly gates, tapping her feet. More like welcoming with open arms.

5. Frightened into a corner. What a laugh. She was full of joy.

6. We don't care what you are. You really ought to care about your fellow man. Why do you think I am here?

7. My old bloke and me disagree on lots of things. I wonder why???

8. Your standards: "Accept that everyone has an opinion even though they disagree with mine". You don't seem to be doing too well on here.

Well I guess wraps up my answers to page 52.
Old 22-03-2014, 07:14   #777
JCB

Quote:

Well I guess wraps up my answers to page 52.
Now how about an answer to my question .

To remind you .

You made this statement: " We are COMMANDED to tell the gospel. Nothing further is required of us."

What I want to know is whether you believe that Jesus requires nothing of his followers other than to tell the Gospel .
Less likes this.
Old 22-03-2014, 07:21   #778
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

That will never be answered JCB, The clown is full of crap n just loves listening to his own rantings, A real fruitcake.
Old 22-03-2014, 07:52   #779
Senior Member+

JCB I guess at some point he's made a mistake and now simply refuses to answer your question cause he does not want to admit he's wrong?
Less, cashman and JCB like this.
Old 22-03-2014, 07:58   #780

Christian Science

Quote:
[B]Why do you think I am here?

Ah, yes, now there is the rub, you're not here because of your whit or humour, you're not here because there is a large neon sign saying evangelists welcome, you're not here to brighten up our lives with your magnetic personality.

I think your here because of your unlimited conceit which drives you to interfere with the lives of others and some strange and misplaced feeling of power that annoying others gives you.
A real Christian wouldn't interfere where he's not wanted. Having said that, history shows that real Christians are a rare breed, the people that claim to be Christian have slaughtered and trampled upon any that dare to think differently to themselves.
So you are here to continue hopefully with nothing worse than trampling on us and our own free thoughts and that you aren't a slaughtering Christian.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..