Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree548Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-03-2014, 10:13   #796
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Christian Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
Now how about an answer to my question .

To remind you .

You made this statement: " We are COMMANDED to tell the gospel. Nothing further is required of us."

What I want to know is whether you believe that Jesus requires nothing of his followers other than to tell the Gospel .
Quote:
Originally Posted by K99WARD View Post
There! I told you that Neil was the sensible one but you all just ignored both him and me but if you want a kind of contest I will suggest a way. All those interested post what they think constitutes a Christian and I will mark your answers out of 10. If at the end of it all nobody gets any marks I will post the correct answer (with Neil's permission of course.)
Well you aint a Christian, no matter what drivel yeh post, As yeh refuse to give JCB a straight answer, why should anyone be interested? So on that basis alone you get NIL Points.
Old 22-03-2014, 10:17   #797

Quote:
There! I told you that Neil was the sensible one but you all just ignored both him and me but if you want a kind of contest I will suggest a way. All those interested post what they think constitutes a Christian and I will mark your answers out of 10. If at the end of it all nobody gets any marks I will post the correct answer (with Neil's permission of course.)
Humility. Do you have any?
Restless likes this.
Old 22-03-2014, 10:19   #798
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Hang on a minute, you call Neil Intelligent?

He has just told us to ignore you and now you claim we've been ignoring you!

Now I would like to think Neil is intelligent and in some ways his advice is sound, however if he is correct, then you are obviously incorrect we aren't ignoring you, just not becoming the mindless converts you would like us to become and speaking our minds with a very free will.

Some of the posters on this thread have already proved they know more about the meaning of God's word than you do, so the scoring would probably be as suspect as you are.

Here, I'll give you your score for being bombastic:-
Old 22-03-2014, 10:43   #799
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
JCB I guess at some point he's made a mistake and now simply refuses to answer your question cause he does not want to admit he's wrong?
Now you make a good point there .

Why didn't I think of that ?
Restless likes this.
Old 22-03-2014, 10:47   #800
Senior Member+

Quote:
O K . Quench my thirst for knowledge by enlightening me by giving an answer to my question .

To remind you .

You made this statement: " We are COMMANDED to tell the gospel. Nothing further is required of us."

What I want to know is whether you believe that Jesus requires nothing of his followers other than to tell the Gospel .
I presume you are copy-pasting that..... I would be pretty fed up by now asking that over and over
Old 22-03-2014, 10:52   #801
Senior Member+

Quote:
There! I told you that Neil was the sensible one )
Neil is just doing his job of which is to moderate the forum. His job is not to take sides
Old 22-03-2014, 10:52   #802
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
I presume you are copy-pasting that..... I would be pretty fed up by now asking that over and over
I am just keeping a promise I made to Mr Preacher that I would continue to ask the question as long as he is on the scene .

Yes copy-pasting comes in useful at times .
Old 22-03-2014, 10:58   #803
JCB

Quote:
All those interested post what they think constitutes a Christian and I will mark your answers out of 10.
Now , Sir , before we get down to doing your little test , please would you answer my question .

To remind you .

Old 22-03-2014, 10:59   #804

Quote:
I am just keeping a promise I made to Mr Preacher that I would continue to ask the question as long as he is on the scene .

Yes copy-pasting comes in useful at times .
Ah well, that clears up a mystery of Biblical proportions, I was beginning to think you had the patience of a Saint!
Old 22-03-2014, 11:22   #805
God Member

Here's something we haven't tried ... let's give it a shot.

In the Name of Jesus Christ,
Our God and Lord,
strengthened by the Intercession of the Immaculate Virgin Mary,
Mother of God,
of Blessed Michael the Archangel,
Of the Blessed apostles Peter and Paul, and all the Saints,
We confidently undertake to repulse the attacks and deceits of Kevin.
maxthecollie likes this.
Old 22-03-2014, 11:24   #806
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Deceit is a very good description Eric.
Old 22-03-2014, 11:28   #807

Christian Science

If that doesn't work then we could try Devil worship is there a stupid old goat available for the sacrifice?
Restless likes this.
Old 22-03-2014, 11:39   #808
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
We confidently undertake to repulse the attacks and deceits of Kevin.
In truth, I couldn't really care what k9 spouts on about (although it seems to be the same tedious & repetitive tripe time & time again). I know my own mind, my strengths & weaknesses so feel quite capable of managing under my own determination without having to seek/rely on tenets of an outdated/mythological/superstitious belief system.
Less, Eric and Restless like this.
Old 22-03-2014, 11:46   #809
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
In truth, I couldn't really care what k9 spouts on about (although it seems to be the same tedious & repetitive tripe time & time again). I know my own mind, my strengths & weaknesses so feel quite capable of managing under my own determination without having to seek/rely on tenets of an outdated/mythological/superstitious belief system.
Hang on a min here, "A Scouser", Lives in Germany, Supports Stanley, n yeh say yeh know yer own mind?
Eric and DaveinGermany like this.
Old 22-03-2014, 11:59   #810
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Hang on a min here, "A Scouser", Lives in Germany, Supports Stanley, n yeh say yeh know yer own mind?
Most serpently my dearest Cashmeister! All examples of my free will & spirit to choose (except the Scouser bit, I was born into that fortuitous position ) & not the directive or diktat of some musty fanciful tome.
Eric likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..