Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree548Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-03-2014, 13:18   #811
Senior Member+

Re: Christian Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
If that doesn't work then we could try Devil worship is there a stupid old goat available for the sacrifice?
Yeh it's called Kevin
Accrington Web
Old 22-03-2014, 13:19   #812
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Most serpently my dearest Cashmeister! All examples of my free will & spirit to choose (except the Scouser bit, I was born into that fortuitous position ) & not the directive or diktat of some musty fanciful tome.
Don't let the Preacher Man you have some free spirit
Old 22-03-2014, 13:22   #813

Some of you still haven't seen the wisdom of Neil's reply. I will give you a quote from "Anne of Green Gables" (the sequel): "My dear Anne, if you want to win the game, you have to understand the players."

I see that there are not too many takers of my challenge to tell us what is a Christian. Perhaps when the hoo ha dies down someone may be daring enough; after all you are all experts, aren't you?
Old 22-03-2014, 13:41   #814
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
you have some free spirit
Aye Frank, a cupboard full out the back, mostly Whiskys with some other Whiskeys, Rums & Brandies, various other exotics are also available & should anyone choose to visit, well, they'll be given a big old northern friendly welcome & the chance to taste & savour our hospitality.
Old 22-03-2014, 13:44   #815

Here is another tip from the good book:

"Proverbs 26:20
"For lack of wood the fire goes out, and where there is no whisperer, quarrelling ceases."
Old 22-03-2014, 14:01   #816
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by K99WARD View Post
Some of you still haven't seen the wisdom of Neil's reply. I will give you a quote from "Anne of Green Gables" (the sequel): "My dear Anne, if you want to win the game, you have to understand the players."

I see that there are not too many takers of my challenge to tell us what is a Christian. Perhaps when the hoo ha dies down someone may be daring enough; after all you are all experts, aren't you?
The fact the word “Christian” appears only three times in your "good book"( Acts 11:26; 26:28; 1 Peter 4:16) suggests that like most members on here,nobody gives a flying.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Old 22-03-2014, 14:11   #817
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
I see that there are not too many takers of my challenge to tell us what is a Christian.

If you don't know, may I suggest a swift shufty on google or some kind of Wiki will probably give you the insight.

Perhaps when the hoo ha dies down someone may be daring enough; after all you are all experts, aren't you?
Challenge? Hardly, you see, no matter what folk say, you won't be prepared to accept it if it doesn't fit within your narrow parameters, gleaned from your perception of the Bible which you so avidly espouse but only as it suits your terms!

Therefore, there is no single definition of "Christian" just precepts. Each & every person has a view/opinion that they form themselves by whatever means they deem appropriate & that then leads to their conclusion of the value of a particular faith/belief. The net result, a broad spectrum from atheism or blind followers to the curse of the extremists regardless of their chosen religion.
Old 22-03-2014, 14:14   #818
Senior Member+

I asked sometime ago - when is the 2nd coming coming - that was a serious question to establish this?
Old 22-03-2014, 15:27   #819

Surely you guys are not scared, are you? We are not looking for a theological exegesis. Words in plain language will do. You have all had plenty to say so far. Now don't be shy lads and lasses.
Old 22-03-2014, 15:37   #820
Beacon of light

Quote:
Surely you guys are not scared, are you? We are not looking for a theological exegesis. Words in plain language will do. You have all had plenty to say so far. Now don't be shy lads and lasses.
What have we to be scared of? That you might send in your brethren to beat christianity(your brand of it) into us.

You need not fear that we will be shy...but you are giving out mixed messages here. You ask us why we do not follow Neil's good advice then you bait us with questions implying that we are too afraid of you to answer.

You are an obnoxious bombast.
And before you report me for calling you names, I am not calling you names just giving you factual information about what you are. (I am far too polite to tell you what I really think of you)

Neil - this putting someone on your ignore list never works.......there is always someone who will quote a post so that you see what the person you are ignoring is saying.

Anyway enough of that, I am going to ignore the whole thread.
Starve this person of the oxygen of interest and he will surely wither.
Old 22-03-2014, 15:41   #821

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Here's something we haven't tried ... let's give it a shot.

In the Name of Jesus Christ,
Our God and Lord,
strengthened by the Intercession of the Immaculate Virgin Mary,
Mother of God,
of Blessed Michael the Archangel,
Of the Blessed apostles Peter and Paul, and all the Saints,
We confidently undertake to repulse the attacks and deceits of Kevin.
This is a lovely prayer. It is one of my favourites.

"O GOD, forasmuch as without thee we are not able to please thee; Mercifully grant, that thy Holy Spirit may in all things direct and rule our hearts; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen."
Old 22-03-2014, 15:50   #822

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
What have we to be scared of? That you might send in your brethren to beat christianity(your brand of it) into us.

You need not fear that we will be shy...but you are giving out mixed messages here. You ask us why we do not follow Neil's good advice then you bait us with questions implying that we are too afraid of you to answer.

You are an obnoxious bombast.
And before you report me for calling you names, I am not calling you names just giving you factual information about what you are. (I am far too polite to tell you what I really think of you)

Neil - this putting someone on your ignore list never works.......there is always someone who will quote a post so that you see what the person you are ignoring is saying.

Anyway enough of that, I am going to ignore the whole thread.
Starve this person of the oxygen of interest and he will surely wither.
Dear Margaret,
That was my lovely wife's name too. God doesn't want anyone to be forced to do anything. He loves us and he wants us to love him too. He only wants willing converts. That is why he has provided two places for us in the afterlife. One for those who love him and want to obey him ...... and the rest to the other place. There is a fixed gulf between the two that none can cross—so God's word tells us so we have to decide in this life. Now is the accepted time today is the day of salvation.

Nobody wants to report you. Us Christians are commanded to love you.
Old 22-03-2014, 15:55   #823
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Christian Science

Quote:

Not scared, just amazed that a person with a worse attitude than an iffy second hand car salesman or the most obnoxious Estate agent would think that he could make his brand of Christianity seem worth anyone wanting to risk their soul by joining him.
You were a nasty piece of work before but somehow you've taken what Neil said as permission to become even worse.
Perform a miracle for us, go and don't come back, then you will have performed an act of Christian charity.
Old 22-03-2014, 15:58   #824
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Christian Science

Quote:
Dear Margaret,

That was my lovely wife's name too. God doesn't want anyone to be forced to do anything. He loves us and he wants us to love him too. He only wants willing converts. That is why he has provided two places for us in the afterlife. One for those who love him and want to obey him ...... and the rest to the other place. There is a fixed gulf between the two that none can cross—so God's word tells us so we have to decide in this life. Now is the accepted time today is the day of salvation.

Nobody wants to report you. Us Christians are commanded to love you.

Get Margaret a sick bucket quick and make it a big one, I can't see her keeping anything down after that load of fawning tripe.
Old 22-03-2014, 15:59   #825
God Member

When you accept that all things physical are vibrations of energy, then you learn to decide which 'vibes' are positive and which are negative.

As physical manifestations of energy, people emit either positive or negative energy.
This person in particular is attracting such contempt that it is clear that he is emitting negative vibes. He thinks he is spouting good news to us, when all he is doing is arousing negative feelings from many of us who read his diatribes.

You may think his actions are harmless, but consider whether or not you felt good or bad after reading what he writes. If you felt annoyance, that is a negative emotion, and the more annoyance you avoid in your life, the better - so he is best avoided
Restless likes this.

Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..