Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree548Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-03-2014, 23:03   #841

Re: Christian Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
K99, a bit more.

I am glad for you that you had 27 years with a loving and lovely lady (though this is but a blink in the space of time) and am sorry that you didn’t have more. Your God was not very generous with you over this.

Please don’t tell me that He has some plan for you in the afterlife (???) and that you will be with your wife for eternity, etc.., etc. I won’t go into my thoughts about that with you – you are entitled to your beliefs and whatever makes you happy….
Thank you for your kind thoughts dotti34. Actually I had my wife's lovely presence far longer that I ever expected. She nearly died three times but had a tremendous will to live (for me?). God really did bless me there.
Accrington Web
Old 22-03-2014, 23:04   #842
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well whilst were on quizzes, What is a religious bigot? Bet most get 10/10 fer this un.
Less, Guinness, Eric and 1 others like this.
Old 22-03-2014, 23:11   #843

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well whilst were on quizzes, What is a religious bigot? Bet most get 10/10 fer this un.
Now now cashman. lol. Let's stick to the quiz. You must know that in exams that if you answer the wrong question, no matter how good the answer is you still get a big round "0"
Old 22-03-2014, 23:18   #844

K99 - thanks for the offer, but please don't bother to quote someone else on 'What is a Christian' - oh! that's right, it's par for the course for you to do this (quoting others).
Old 22-03-2014, 23:35   #845

Quote:
K99 - thanks for the offer, but please don't bother to quote someone else on 'What is a Christian' - oh! that's right, it's par for the course for you to do this (quoting others).
I have been a Christian now for almost 40 years dotti34 so by this time I ought to know what one is. I do admit that when I first gave my life to Christ I was a bit hazy because the church I attended talked about the gospel but never actually said what it was. I do believe that this is quite a common occurrence. However I decided to sit down at lunchtime at work one day between testing jet engines to write down what I thought it might be, to be amended as necessary later, but God must have taken hold of my pen because I have never needed to alter anything to this day. I thought it unfair to give you my own interpretation since there are prizes to be won.
Old 22-03-2014, 23:42   #846
Senior Member+

So lets get a few things straight..
1. You refuse to answer a repeated question about something you said earlier in this thread (JCB).
2. When you want to ask a question, we aren`t allowed to deviate from your questions, and ask our own (Cashman).
3. When someone actually answers your question, you can`t even give your own answer to that question, you are going to quote someone else (Dotti).
I`m with Margaret P, I`m no longer going to read any more of this pathetic nonesense.
Old 22-03-2014, 23:43   #847

K99 - I definitely don't want to get into a debate about the question I'm about to ask you - just a simple 'yes' or 'no' will suffice, thank you. Do you really believe everything you read in the Bible? 'Yes' or 'No'. If this is what you base your beliefs on then that is your prerogative - as is the right of those of us who don't. Please respect this right and stop assuming that you know it all, and that what YOU believe is the only truth.

By the way, my granddaughters love me to tell them fairy stories, either the old ones or ones I make up – but even at the ages of 3 and 6 they know that these are exactly that – simply make-believe stories……enough said!
Old 22-03-2014, 23:48   #848

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K99WARD View Post
there are prizes to be won.
Are you paying out in bitcoins, hard cash or free entry into your cult?
Old 22-03-2014, 23:48   #849

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
So lets get a few things straight..
1. You refuse to answer a repeated question about something you said earlier in this thread (JCB).
2. When you want to ask a question, we aren`t allowed to deviate from your questions, and ask our own (Cashman).
3. When someone actually answers your question, you can`t even give your own answer to that question, you are going to quote someone else (Dotti).
I`m with Margaret P, I`m no longer going to read any more of this pathetic nonesense.
Hi there gpick,
I did answer JCB's question a long time back but he apparently refused to accept it. There is a forum rule about repeating things so I have no intention of falling for that one. Sorry.
Old 22-03-2014, 23:57   #850

gpick24. Hate to admit it but K99 has us between the devil and the deep blue sea. I agree with you that he spouts pathetic nonsense and am tempted (ah! temptation!!!!) to do the same as you and Margaret P.

However, on one hand if we do not comment on his postings then he will feel he has had the last word - and after all he does think his word is the right one - and he will feel smug - which btw would be very unchristian-like. On the other hand are we encouraging him in his self-satisfaction that he is obeying his God's COMMAND!!!!!

At least all this typing is therapy for the fingers......
Old 23-03-2014, 00:03   #851

Quote:
K99 - I definitely don't want to get into a debate about the question I'm about to ask you - just a simple 'yes' or 'no' will suffice, thank you. Do you really believe everything you read in the Bible? 'Yes' or 'No'. If this is what you base your beliefs on then that is your prerogative - as is the right of those of us who don't. Please respect this right and stop assuming that you know it all, and that what YOU believe is the only truth.

By the way, my granddaughters love me to tell them fairy stories, either the old ones or ones I make up – but even at the ages of 3 and 6 they know that these are exactly that – simply make-believe stories……enough said!
I am really glad you asked this question dotti34 because it is a very important one. I cannot answer it as briefly as you would like but will keep my answer as short as possible.

We only have the bible to tell us about God. There is no other means. So we have to decide whether we are to believe it or not. It falls into three parts:

1. Historical accounts—these are easy to believe since there are other references in history.

2. Things like miracles. These are harder to believe but since there are so many of them and so many recorded witnesses of them it is down to a person's faith.

3. There are parts of the bible yet to be revealed. No one can know how these will turn out but many make their own guesses and are often proved foolish as a result.

We have to make a decision to trust God's account even though it cannot be proved. This is called faith. I have personally decided to take God at his word since to do otherwise is to sound less than convincing. So the answer must be YES.
Old 23-03-2014, 00:09   #852

Quote:
gpick24. Hate to admit it but K99 has us between the devil and the deep blue sea. I agree with you that he spouts pathetic nonsense and am tempted (ah! temptation!!!!) to do the same as you and Margaret P.

However, on one hand if we do not comment on his postings then he will feel he has had the last word - and after all he does think his word is the right one - and he will feel smug - which btw would be very unchristian-like. On the other hand are we encouraging him in his self-satisfaction that he is obeying his God's COMMAND!!!!!

At least all this typing is therapy for the fingers......
At least you are thinking dotti34. g'd on you.
Old 23-03-2014, 01:20   #853

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

I am a Jedi..as proof I will offer my last census form that clearly states my religion.

The book of Qui Gon Jinn expounded that those of us who have 'midi-chlorian' traits within us are the most sensitive to the Force.

Can anyone define 'the Force' who is without the 'midi-chlorian'? I offer a blue light sabre as prize for those of you who can, for the Sith amongst you I offer a red sabre. (N.B. of course it has to be MY variation of the definiton regardless of what you find on Google)

The Force allows us to commune with the dead, defeat hundreds of laser rifle bearing and heavily armoured troops, armed only with a sword, and destroy a galactic empire using 3 humans, 2 robots, a wookie and a tribe of teddy bears.

Do not be deceived by those who offer false prizes, who quote platitudes and ignore your questions...

Question me about the 'force' that destroys empires.........I will answer..

May the force be with you children of Accyweb
Old 23-03-2014, 02:44   #854
Senior Member+

Then I will ask the question

Kevo..What I want to know is whether you believe that Jesus requires nothing of his followers other than to tell the Gospel
Less likes this.
Old 23-03-2014, 02:47   #855
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
May the force be with you children of Accyweb
Guinness. Do not underestimate the power of THE DARK SIDE

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..