Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree548Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-03-2014, 19:41   #886
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Christian Science

What a shame I had hoped we'd seen the last of you, but while your here this question was directed at you as well come down from that pulpit and answer it in plain English.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Ooh sir, sir me next please sir please.

I have heard that it has been mentioned by a leading theologian that occasionally pimps the web for his own purposes once said,

"We are COMMANDED to tell the gospel. Nothing further is required of us."
My question is:-

Do you believe that Jesus requires nothing of his followers other than to tell the Gospel?
Accrington Web
Old 23-03-2014, 19:54   #887
JCB

Re: Christian Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by K99WARD View Post
I think now is the time to reveal the answer to "What is a Christian" since his response is directly linked to it.
I am not interested in your answering a question posed by yourself .

Go back to 10/11/2013 .

I first posted on this thread on 11/11/2013 .

The words in a post of the previous day caught my eye .

The words were those of K99WARD and were " We are COMMANDED to tell the gospel. Nothing further is required of us. "

My post was :- " Are you sure ?

Nothing is required of us other than to tell the Gospel . "

Since then I have asked K99WARD on numerous occasions whether he believes that Jesus requires nothing of his followers other than to tell the Gospel .

I am sure that most would agree with me that his words which I have quoted are puzzling to say the least .

K99WARD has not had the courtesy to give me an answer , or when he has replied to my posts he has simply used the tactic of evasion .

If any , like me , think that the question deserves a truthful answer may I suggest that you continue to ask the question of K99WARD whenever he makes a post .

So K99WARD , to remind you .

You made this statement: " We are COMMANDED to tell the gospel. Nothing further is required of us."

What I want to know is whether you believe that Jesus requires nothing of his followers other than to tell the Gospel .
Old 23-03-2014, 19:55   #888

westendlass, you put this so well. I think it is sad though that anyone is actually looking forward to some hypothetical after-life instead of making the most of the precious time they have here. Doesn't say much about what they do have here if they are waiting for THAT day to come.

Everyone is entitled to believe what they will, and I have no intention to expound on what I believe, there is enough with one on this thread doing that in his self-promoting, arrogant way. Suffice to say that I am making the most of what I have in the here and now, thankful that every morning I wake up to another day.
westendlass likes this.
Old 23-03-2014, 20:04   #889

K99 - you really are a bundle of fun (I was going to use another word but in deference to my dear mother who did her best to bring me up in a ladylike manner - though I'm not saying if she was successful in this or not - I chose this one).
Old 23-03-2014, 20:17   #890
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
I do feel rather honoured to have a question addressed to me directly by Neil since up to now he has just played a passive role. I think now is the time to reveal the answer to "What is a Christian" since his response is directly linked to it.
Did you answer my question? I don't think you did.
Old 23-03-2014, 20:48   #891

Christian Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post

Don't hold you breath or you'll end up in heaven before him and make him jealous.
Eric likes this.
Old 23-03-2014, 21:17   #892
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Don't hold you breath or you'll end up in heaven before him and make him jealous.
I am sure I am not one of the chosen few
Old 23-03-2014, 21:43   #893
God Member

Quote:

The Bible teaches that the good works we do cannot make us acceptable to God.
Hi Kevin.

It does? Really?

"What good is it my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, 'Go in peace, be warmed and filled,' without giving them the things they need for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead."
Old 23-03-2014, 21:49   #894

Christian Science

Quote:
I am sure I am not one of the chosen few

Dare I presume then that heaven has a clique?
Old 23-03-2014, 22:05   #895
I am Banned

Quote:
Hoody Blell not another clique, haven't we enough with the one thats supposed to be on here.
Old 23-03-2014, 22:14   #896

Christian Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Hoody Blell not another clique, haven't we enough with the one thats supposed to be on here.

Keep quiet or God will shut us down.
Old 23-03-2014, 22:35   #897
Senior Member+

Re: Re: Christian Science

Quote:
Keep quiet or God will shut us down.
Yep because free will does not apply to Internet forums.
Old 23-03-2014, 23:05   #898
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
I am not convinced it exists.
Old 23-03-2014, 23:14   #899

Christian Science

Quote:
I am not convinced it exists.

If you want to find out more I can give you the name, address & telephone number of a self proclaimed expert, he will help increase your doubts, I don't think he means to but his sales pitch is naff!
Old 24-03-2014, 04:51   #900

Quote:
This is taking rather a risk since you have much more 'power' on this forum than I have Neil, but I think you ought to pay more attention. We Christians sometimes have to take risks for the sake of our master, Jesus Christ. It is part of the job. We have to take insults, but at least (for the moment) we are not fed to the lions or sawn in two like some of our forbears. I dare say that there are those who would like to bring it back but fighting against God is futile since he has the ability to either bless us or much worse. We do worship a loving God who has patience (far more than I have, for instance) but he has appointed a time when we shall ALL be judged. The judgement of believers will be different to that of unbelievers. Many who would call themselves Christian are unaware of this latter judgement. I am raising this point as I notice that one or two of your contributors have mentioned this subject. Believers will be judged on their performance in this life so those who think they can sit back and relax after accepting Christ (in the true sense) are going to get a shock. They will be saved but 'as through fire' as the scriptures put it.

God bless.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..