Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree548Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-03-2014, 05:10   #901
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Christian Science

Can I just point out that no-one has been fighting against anybody's God?
Just objecting to the manner this misguided fisher of men, treats the site & it's members.
Restless likes this.
Accrington Web
Old 24-03-2014, 05:49   #902
Senior Member+

Re: Re: Christian Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by K99WARD View Post
Neil, but I think you ought to pay more attention..
The only person who needs to pay more attention is you
Old 24-03-2014, 05:57   #903

Re: Christian Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
The only person who needs to pay more attention is you

Indeed, in fact the most Christian act he could perform would be to shut up and mind his own business.

While he's here though, I wonder if he could answer the following:-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Ooh sir, sir me next please sir please.

I have heard that it has been mentioned by a leading theologian that occasionally pimps the web for his own purposes once said,

"We are COMMANDED to tell the gospel. Nothing further is required of us."
My question is:-

Do you believe that Jesus requires nothing of his followers other than to tell the Gospel?
Old 24-03-2014, 06:00   #904

K99 - I have given you the courtesy of actually reading your posting No. 900 and yet again I have come to the conclusion you consider yourself a far superior being in your Christian belief to those of us who hold different views. No humility about K99 – that’s not being very Christian.

I respect the rights of others to believe in what they will, even you – but I think it is extremely presumptuous of you to be so arrogant in the way you appear to treat other people’s beliefs in that you seem to think if they don’t believe what you believe then they are wrong. Again no humility.

By the way, have you got a direct line with your God that you can act with so much perceived authority on the subject of Christianity? Has He spoken to you directly – or are you simply reiterating the mumbo-jumbo that has been told to you by mere mortals?

I must also point out that you contradict yourself in this posting by saying your God can either bless or much worse – and then state that he is a loving God. Can’t have it both ways.
Stevie R likes this.
Old 24-03-2014, 06:10   #905
Senior Member+

Quote:
Indeed, in fact the most Christian act he could perform would be to shut up and mind his own business.
Or he could answer the question that is constantly on the end of our tongues... (just for the person that gave me the red karma)

Do you believe that Jesus requires nothing of his followers other than to tell the Gospel?

Last edited by Restless; 24-03-2014 at 06:14.
Old 24-03-2014, 07:06   #906
JCB

Quote:
We Christians sometimes have to take risks for the sake of our master.
How about taking the risk of answering questions you have been asked .

Go back to 10/11/2013 .

I first posted on this thread on 11/11/2013 .

The words in a post of the previous day caught my eye .

The words were those of K99WARD and were " We are COMMANDED to tell the gospel. Nothing further is required of us. "

My post was :- " Are you sure ?

Nothing is required of us other than to tell the Gospel . "

Since then I have asked K99WARD on numerous occasions whether he believes that Jesus requires nothing of his followers other than to tell the Gospel .

I am sure that most would agree with me that his words which I have quoted are puzzling to say the least .

K99WARD has not had the courtesy to give me an answer , or when he has replied to my posts he has simply used the tactic of evasion .

If any , like me , think that the question deserves a truthful answer may I suggest that you continue to ask the question of K99WARD whenever he makes a post .

So K99WARD , to remind you .

You made this statement: " We are COMMANDED to tell the gospel. Nothing further is required of us."

What I want to know is whether you believe that Jesus requires nothing of his followers other than to tell the Gospel .
Old 24-03-2014, 07:17   #907
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

What yeh have got here,is n arrogant man,one who refuses to answer,due to the simple fact he has cocked up!!! He has said a few times now,that he HAS answered,when any fool can see he has not, That in my book,makes him a liar,simply to save his face,
Less likes this.
Old 24-03-2014, 07:51   #908
JCB

It seems to me that there is a fault line running through K99's definition of what a Christian is .

K99 says : " The Bible teaches that the good works we do cannot make us acceptable to God. "

He then says : " A true Christian is a person who has put faith and trust in the person and work of Jesus Christ . "

But surely putting faith in someone is a good work .

Surely putting trust in someone is a good work .

He ends by asking : " Have you made a decision for Christ? "

But surely making this decision is a good work .

It is easy to make a very selective use of Biblical verses , and to construct an ediface which on examination is based on no foundation other than a twisting of Scripture to suit one's own agenda .

Such an ediface soon collapses .

K99 never once uses the words of Jesus , perhaps because he knows they will not coincide with his narrow , truncated and fundamentally flawed conception of Christianity .

Jesus' words about how people get to heaven are nothing like K99's version . According to Jesus people get there by how they treat their fellow human beings , especially the less fortunate .

Speaking of Judgement Day Jesus said of himself and those being judged :
" Then the king will say to those at his right hand, “Come, you that are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.” Then the righteous will answer him, “Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry and gave you food, or thirsty and gave you something to drink? And when was it that we saw you a stranger and welcomed you, or naked and gave you clothing? And when was it that we saw you sick or in prison and visited you?” And the king will answer them, “Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me.” ( Matthew , chapter 25 ) .

There are plenty good works mentioned there , and the passage leaves us in no doubt as to what will be the result of doing good , of living a good life .
Old 24-03-2014, 07:54   #909
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
What yeh have got here,is n arrogant man,one who refuses to answer,due to the simple fact he has cocked up!!! He has said a few times now,that he HAS answered,when any fool can see he has not, That in my book,makes him a liar,simply to save his face,
He should have been a politician
cashman likes this.
Old 24-03-2014, 08:21   #910

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
K99 - I have given you the courtesy of actually reading your posting No. 900 and yet again I have come to the conclusion you consider yourself a far superior being in your Christian belief to those of us who hold different views. No humility about K99 – that’s not being very Christian.

I respect the rights of others to believe in what they will, even you – but I think it is extremely presumptuous of you to be so arrogant in the way you appear to treat other people’s beliefs in that you seem to think if they don’t believe what you believe then they are wrong. Again no humility.

By the way, have you got a direct line with your God that you can act with so much perceived authority on the subject of Christianity? Has He spoken to you directly – or are you simply reiterating the mumbo-jumbo that has been told to you by mere mortals?

I must also point out that you contradict yourself in this posting by saying your God can either bless or much worse – and then state that he is a loving God. Can’t have it both ways.
Hi dotti34,
Greetings to Australia,
The reason why you think I am arrogant, pompous and all the other words that non Christians usually use is because you have failed to understand the Christian life. I have pointed out in the past that our God is extremely tolerant (for now). He has decreed that people have the free will to do as they please (for the moment) but the day of reckoning is coming when we shall all answer for our transgressions (including myself). In modern parlance it is live now pay later. The wise ones recognise God's supremacy and that he will carry out his will. He sees everything. The technical term is CORAM DEO. You may look this up if you wish. Nothing is overlooked; nothing is forgotten so we cannot hide behind time or sheer number of transgressions. You can find his rules in the book of Exodus chapter 20. Since no one can keep those all the time, God has provided a way out in his only begotten Son. My direct line to God as you so succinctly put it is his Word, the holy scriptures. These contain the words of life to all who believe and put Jesus in charge of their life. Anyone can read it for themselves to check its veracity. I like to check most things and these days with the Internet it is ultra easy to do. You say I contradict myself but remember that on here I operate with one leg in plaster and an arm tied behind my back. Otherwise I could easily prove almost anything connected with the Christian faith but it would not be too long before you were shouting "copyright, copyright and advertising" and a host of other excuses that people think up to silence Christians, so it have to work with the tools available. All the information I have given can be verified on the Internet by yourselves.

What more can I say except, "Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
to the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen."
Old 24-03-2014, 08:39   #911
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

You arrogant swine logan, how can you assume dotti or anyone is non christian.You are a disgrace to all yeh profess to stand for.
Old 24-03-2014, 08:41   #912

Quote:
Hi dotti34,
Amen
(The Bull has been removed to make the above post easier to read).

What a shame, you came back, still, while your here I have a question for you:-

Quote:
Ooh sir, sir me next please sir please.

I have heard that it has been mentioned by a leading theologian that occasionally pimps the web for his own purposes once said,

Old 24-03-2014, 09:13   #913
JCB

Quote:
My direct line to God as you so succinctly put it is his Word.
Well get on your direct line and find the answer to my question .

Go back to 10/11/2013 .

I first posted on this thread on 11/11/2013 .

The words in a post of the previous day caught my eye .

The words were those of K99WARD and were " We are COMMANDED to tell the gospel. Nothing further is required of us. "

My post was :- " Are you sure ?

Nothing is required of us other than to tell the Gospel . "

Since then I have asked K99WARD on numerous occasions whether he believes that Jesus requires nothing of his followers other than to tell the Gospel .

I am sure that most would agree with me that his words which I have quoted are puzzling to say the least .

K99WARD has not had the courtesy to give me an answer , or when he has replied to my posts he has simply used the tactic of evasion .

If any , like me , think that the question deserves a truthful answer may I suggest that you continue to ask the question of K99WARD whenever he makes a post .

So K99WARD , to remind you .

You made this statement: " We are COMMANDED to tell the gospel. Nothing further is required of us."

What I want to know is whether you believe that Jesus requires nothing of his followers other than to tell the Gospel .
Old 24-03-2014, 09:55   #914

The crowd rose up together against them, (there's nothing new, is there?) and the chief magistrates tore their robes off them and proceeded to order them to be beaten with rods. When they had struck them with many blows, they threw them into prison, commanding the jailer to guard them securely; and he, having received such a command, threw them into the inner prison and fastened their feet in the stocks.

But about midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns of praise to God, and the prisoners were listening to them; and suddenly there came a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison house were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and everyone's chains were unfastened.

When the jailer awoke and saw the prison doors opened, he drew his sword and was about to kill himself, supposing that the prisoners had escaped. But Paul cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Do not harm yourself, for we are all here!" And he called for lights and rushed in, and trembling with fear he fell down before Paul and Silas, and after he brought them out, he said, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?"

What must I do to be saved? This is the most important question one can ask, for the answer one receives and accepts will make the difference between being lost and eternally separated from God, or having eternal life and fellowship with God. Fortunately, this question is asked and answered in the the Word of God, the Bible.
Old 24-03-2014, 09:55   #915
Resting in Peace

This thread is now going round in circles and is of no help in promoting the site or section
if this carries on this thread will be closed.
you have till the morning to make useful contributions to this thread and stop going round and round
if a member askes a question please answer it
and lets carry on with genuine contributions
Less, Wynonie Harris, Eric and 4 others like this.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..