Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree97Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-10-2016, 20:30   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Christmas approaches.

Thanks Margaret.
I never thought it would happen but it has and I'm so content again.
Old 26-10-2016, 22:37   #47
I am Banned

When I wer int Fir Brig Adee, I used to volunteer to work christmas, as long as I sawt kids faces when they opened their pressis, then being int fire station were more enjoyable than face aches relatives, theyd gon by time I got home, an I didn't join in wit station crews do on that day either. took some sandwiches and a book to read, no drills or polishing brasses on them days.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2016, 16:03   #48
God Member

It's snowing; so I will give Christmas a thought. There. Done. Must have been a passing thought. Looks as if we might have a few days of Indian Summer coming up. That means I can push Xmas to the back of my mind again. All I want for Christmas this year is for my little dog to make it so that she can have her special dinner of bacon, sausage, and liver. She's seventeen, blind and deaf, and a tad wobbly on her pins. But there's still bounce in the old girl.

Oh, and I want the usual: a tree I can smoke.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2016, 16:32   #49
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

hope yer mutt makes it eric.
Eric likes this.
Old 27-10-2016, 18:53   #50
Beacon of light

Me too Eric.
We no longer have a pooch but out little tuxedo cat was quite poorly recently.
Hubby thought that she would pop her clogs and was very upset......but I coddled her through....she is mighty thin, but is much better and eating well(so hopefully she will regain her weight).
Animals...they are a worry!
Eric likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2016, 21:11   #51
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Me too Eric.
We no longer have a pooch but out little tuxedo cat was quite poorly recently.
Hubby thought that she would pop her clogs and was very upset......but I coddled her through....she is mighty thin, but is much better and eating well(so hopefully she will regain her weight).
Animals...they are a worry!
Yup ... they are a worry. Glad to hear your cat is feeling better. Don't go feeding her any of that "foreign muck."
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2016, 07:25   #52
Beacon of light

Not a chance Eric, right now she is having chicken breast, a bit of cod fillet and a saucer of cream. Himself has put the central heating on too...just so that she can roast her bones on the radiator(she lies on the top like a leopard in a tree.....on leg dangling insouciantly over the edge)
cashman, Eric and maxthecollie like this.
Old 03-11-2016, 05:52   #53
Senior Member+

Me and Mrs E are about to start buying them pesky humans that we interact with some Christmas gifts.

Apparently,we're getting them now so we have less stress in a few weeks time.
Over the years we've found that a nice bottle of alcoholic beverage (if they drink) ,along with a card,is a simple but practical gift.

So, I'm after suggestions for alcoholic tipples in the under £20 range....What would you recommend?

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 07:27   #54
Beacon of light

If that is you choice of gift, then personally I would wait a few weeks as most of the supermarkets will start vying with each other as to who can supply larger bottles of falling down water at cheaper prices. Morrisons, Tesco and Asda all do these ridiculous deals.....so there you go.
Old 03-11-2016, 08:32   #55
Senior Member+

I wouldn`t be spending £20 on someone if I don`t know them well enough to know what they drink.
gpick24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 19:38   #56
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Smacks a bit of double standards, doesn't like and will be avoiding celebrating Christmas, but must appear to like folk by buying pressies any way.

Be honest, if you don't like, won't be celebrating krimbo then don't pretend by keeping up appearances.

My ex used to spend ages sending cards, then one year she turned to me and demanded that I should send the cards, for once O.K. I said this year my responsibility.

I didn't buy cards, I ignored the seasonal bull, after all the worst thing if you play with that game is, OMG Uncle slutch has sent a card and I missed him off the list! I must spend extra guaranteeing he gets a card before old postie stops delivering.

All that happened was, she panicked and the next year half as many cards as the year before, no doubt because the usual senders thought, at last I don't have to send them one next year.

To me that was a plus, to her it was a social devastation, we had to put up less strings to hold all the cards we didn't really pay any attention to.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 19:42   #57
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

The simplest way is one we use. buy em vouchers fer clothes. or argos/toys etc no pondering what they may like, just bought a River Island voucher for gran-daughters birthday, shes into fashion, job done.
Old 19-11-2016, 12:56   #58
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Sooo 5 weeks to go & it'll be Crimbo, the retailers are pumping out their adverts, opinions anyone? So far I think the best of the bunch has been Lidls Carrot/mince pie add, is it just my warped sense of humour that makes me grin when it's on or does anyone else find it amusing?
Old 21-11-2016, 10:07   #59
Junior Member+

Christmas is fun although we really have to spend some for gifts and holiday celebrations. Its a good event to be with our relatives and friends. Its about love and we must not forget that we celebrate it because its the birthday of our Savior Jesus Christ.

By the way, Let us all wish for a peaceful and a Happy Christmas!
RaileyBuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2016, 00:05   #60
I am Banned

It's my favorite time of the year again, i don't know why but it seems that people are extra kind during Christmas
redgeek is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..