Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree97Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-11-2016, 13:35   #61
Full Member+

Re: Christmas approaches.

Are you including all those who pinch purses off old ladies in the shopping centre or raid folks houses and steal the kids presents ?
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-11-2016, 15:20   #62
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgeek View Post
it seems that people are extra kind during Christmas
Because they're on the pop!
Eric likes this.
Old 25-11-2016, 15:50   #63
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgeek View Post
It's my favorite time of the year again, i don't know why but it seems that people are extra kind during Christmas
Sad, really sad, there are 365 days on average every year, why should one period of advertisement full phoney sentimentality be a favourite for anyone?

Do you hibernate for the rest of the year?

Get out there and enjoy the other days, they won't return if you've wasted them.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2016, 11:10   #64

I'm gradually headin towards a very depleted in numbers family so our Christmases are a-getting very quiet family wise :-( and so many friends have gone upstairs a sad part of it all. I can see how lonely it could be for thousands of people and yep I do love Christmas by the way so I'm not on a complete downer. I feel for those pressurised by the Christmas sell marketing side of things and the expectation to buy whatever on mass and setting themselves up for a year paying up the credit cards.

On a happy note I think Lidl mince pies won a award for its luxury box didn't it?

I'm a Turkey fanatic and will once again be looking after a elderly lady on Christmas day creating another bumper Christmas dinner, that's if I can catch the blasted Turkey first!

You are right Less, as they say life is too short to be wasted so better get going and you never know what is round da corner either.

Last edited by MrPastry; 26-11-2016 at 11:17.
MrPastry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 00:03   #65
Junior Member+

Well, because it's the time of the year that people get to give their blessings to everyone and don't forget that delicious food on the table sharing it with the people who are dear to us. :-)
RaileyBuggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..