Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree97Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-12-2014, 06:35   #1
Beacon of light

Christmas approaches.

Christmas is almost here.
I know there are those who do not like Christmas much.....for whatever reason, but Christmas is what we make it.
It is a time for families, for those wide eyed innocents who still believe in the magic of Christmas.
We do not have to believe in the magic to see it.....you only have to see the faces of children on Christmas morning when they realise that Father Christmas has been.
Some families cannot be together.....and for some Christmas will be a sad time because there will be memories of Christmas past when their loved ones were sat at the table raising a glass, telling a joke...or just being there.

What I am trying to say is that I hope each and every one of you has the Christmas you hope for(whether that be one with all the trimmings,or just one where you can do your own thing and just ignore it)...... That the New year has all the best of things in it for you and yours.....that those who are not in the best of health can return to health....or if this is not possible, that the good days outnumber the bad ones.
Merry Christmas to all my Accyweb friends.
Mick, cashman, shillelagh and 14 others like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-12-2014, 08:09   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Christmas approaches.

Wishing all Accyweb members A very Merry Christmas and all the best for 2015.

image.jpg

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2014, 08:18   #3

Beautifully put, Margaret. I, too, wish all of you a Very Merry Christmas and the very best of New Years. May 2015 bring you good health, happiness and prosperity.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all at Accrington Web.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2014, 14:03   #4
Beacon of light

And remember there is no such thing as a 'perfect' Christmas.
Just be grateful for a roof over your head, food on the table and family and friends to fall out with.
Old 21-12-2014, 19:19   #5
Senior Member+

I agree M,There are many ways to 'do Christmas' sometimes I spend 25th December by myself, at other times with a friend or two.....sometimes (like this year) i do the family thing.
I was taught not to feel obliged to spend money in order to be able to enjoy Christmas.
For me, I will be having some lovely quality time with my mother. No doubt she will have some presents for me (nothing outrageous just things like socks,boxers and a silly jumper).
She will (as always) splash out on food for dinner (about Ł30-Ł40) which is utterly indulgent but it's not going to break the bank.

Whatever your doing this year have a Happy Christmas everyone!image.jpg

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2014, 19:49   #6
Beacon of light

I think that many of us get sucked into the feeling that Christmas has to be a certain way.......that we should all do certain things.
Giving gifts is not obligatory......and isn't time a gift.....the spending of time with people that perhaps we do not see very often.
We get caught up in the consumerism......eating, drinking.
My Ma would happily have a good dollop of corned beef hash for her Christmas dinner and enjoy it far more than all the rich fancy foods.

Christmas is hyped up so much that it is very difficult for it to match expectations.
Have no expectations of the day......treat it as what it is......just another day, and you will be less likely to be disappointed.
Personally, I would wish for the kindness of Christmas to be extended through the year......and not just given an airing on the 25th of December.
Turtle and Aussie Irene like this.
Old 21-12-2014, 20:03   #7
Beacon of light

I know I shouldn't promote my own blog......but when thinking of Christmas I do think that there are some things which need to be considered.
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/b...christmas.html
Have a read of this and see what you think.
Rowlf likes this.
Old 21-12-2014, 21:54   #8
Full Member+

Well said Margaret. There is no such thing as perfect. We should all be grateful for what we have and realise that not everyone is as fortunate as we are. I wish all on the Web a Happy Christmas and a peaceful and healthy 2015.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2014, 16:23   #9
Senior Member+

Well, never mind the silly spending and the 'Humbug'!

I hope EVERYONE on Accyweb has a good Christmas, however they celebrate it and whether they celebrate it.And a Happy New Year!

Last edited by Gordon Booth; 23-12-2014 at 16:25.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2014, 18:54   #10
Senior Member+

Well the big day is coming very soon and I would like to wish all the Accywebbers a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy new year. Long may we continue.
shillelagh and Turtle like this.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2014, 18:58   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Merry Xmas to all my readers.
Old 23-12-2014, 19:05   #12
Beacon of light

Merry Christmas and happy New Year to you both.
I hope you have the Christmas you want, and that the new year finds you well, and is kind to you and yours.
Old 23-12-2014, 21:33   #13

To all at Accy Web, Merry Christmas and good health and happiness for 2015.
From us down under.
Aussie Irene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2014, 09:55   #14
Mog

I know I don't post a lot on here but, I do look through most days and I do enjoy reading and sometimes do have a good laugh at some of them.
So keep it up and I would like to wish all of you guys a very Happy Christmas and a damn good new year.
Run Fast, Keep Low and Stay Safe and Trifle Thee Not as Thy Time Is Short. From Kim and Myself.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg christmas.jpg (85.2 KB, 4 views)
Mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2014, 18:47   #15
Always EVIL within us

Wishing you all a very merry Christmas and a happy new year.

Busman & Willow (Who is up to her eyeballs in books studying ON CHRISTMAS EVE Grrr!)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..