Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-10-2003, 21:02   #1
Senior Member+

Post Christmas comes to early?

Don't know about any of you,but my local supermarket already has the shelves full of Xmas food and stuff, I just think that it's too early.They should make a law, no Christmas stuff till after November  5th?
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-10-2003, 21:16   #2
Caz
God Member

Post Re: Christmas comes to early?

And no easter eggs on sale in February either!

Spotted some stuff in a Christmas display the other day. The sell by date on some of the stuff was 28th December! Presumably we're supposed to be stocking up with these.
Bit ridiculous. Who'd normally buy something to eat so close to the sell by date unless they were getting it cheap ???

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2003, 07:37   #3
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Asda have been selling christmas stuff for weeks, they seem to start at about the end of September, way too early. It makes me laugh how everyone goes mad at the supermarket near christmas. I usually come out with no more than I would normally buy, but some people shop like the supermarkets will never be open again. They're only closed for 1 day, it's ridiculous. ;D

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2003, 08:04   #4
God Member

Asda christmas stuff was probably last years stock....
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 16:12   #5
Senior Member+

I don't know about you folks it just takes away from the specialness of Christmas...it's all so that folks buy more than they need. :
Can't see it being last years stock Tealeaf. ;D

Did you know that tons of food is thrown away every year,because people buy too much when they shop,literally tons,and much of it is unopened.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 17:25   #6
Senior Member+

Well christmas is allready here, going by what is being sold in the shops. So i thought i may as well join in, i now have, wish you a merry christmas as my ring tone. ;D
Old 02-11-2003, 19:13   #7
Senior Member+

Just sent off an e - mail to the North Pole to Santa with the Xmas wishes for the girls.Little un wants a DVD Player and Big un wants an aluminium scooter.Could not get them interested in Action men but eh! i got used to playing with the barbie last year.
Old 02-11-2003, 19:21   #8
Senior Member+

I bet it was a blow up barbie, knowing you. lol.  [smiley=gorgeous.gif]
Old 02-11-2003, 19:32   #9
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

[smiley=lol.gif]   Oooh Janet lmao at that one.  Went looking for some toys for my Nephew and Niece yesterday and it was manic in Blackburn. Bout time Accy had a decent toy shop again. ;D

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 19:40   #10
Senior Member+

It was the same in argos on friday, the staff said it had been very busy for the last week.
Old 02-11-2003, 20:58   #11
jason the musicmaster

what are you lot moaning at??
you have to buy early to avoid the rush at xmas week,it's people like me that make xmas week a menace,because we have forgotten this or forgotten that,we rush out xmas eve to get that present for our kids that sold out the day before!
................and then we go and forget the tin foil to cook the bird(turkey)not my missus! [smiley=cursing.gif]
Old 03-11-2003, 13:43   #12

http://www.noradsanta.org/, this web site is ace for tracking santa, don't know if it's ip and running yet but around the begining of dec it starts to get busy. Christmas eve is excellent, it tracks Santa, when it say's he's in Gander, they run off to bed!
littlemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 13:55   #13
Caz
God Member

Nice one Mo.
I'll bookmark that one for my grandson!

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 15:47   #14
Senior Member+

[quote author=janet link=board=general;num=1067378543;start=0#7 date=11/02/03 at 20:21:18]I bet it was a blow up barbie, knowing you. lol. [smiley=gorgeous.gif][/quote]

Janet i do not know what you mean, honestly is there an insinuation there.People seem to have the wrong mpression of little old me. :-[
Old 03-11-2003, 15:48   #15
Senior Member+

little mo i will try that one out with the girls could be good fun

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..