Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2006, 13:51   #1

christmas early or late

thought I was seeing things: there are Christmas decorations up in the outside market ( bus station end) or did they just not bother to take them down... Yone
yone is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-08-2006, 13:59   #2
God Member

Re: christmas early or late

Quote:
Originally Posted by yone
thought I was seeing things: there are Christmas decorations up in the outside market ( bus station end) or did they just not bother to take them down... Yone
The council is so bad at planning and getting it right they start early to give themselves a chance of getting it right.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 16:10   #3

ah that explains the easter bunny then on the top of the town hall ....

maddness or what !!!!!!!1
Old 01-08-2006, 17:39   #4

I work in one of the shops in the Arndale Centre.....and we've already had the POS sent in for Christmas...it's like.....5 months away....:s
Lea
x
ploppysirploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 18:26   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploppysirploppy
I work in one of the shops in the Arndale Centre.....and we've already had the POS sent in for Christmas...it's like.....5 months away....:s
Lea
x
Well at least they are prepared for the long haul to making crimbo dosh.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 01-08-2006, 19:40   #6

a favourite thing in Australia at present.......XMAS IN JULY...cool weather so you can have the hot turkey,ham and xmas pud......
talentedbutslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 19:46   #7
God Member

Whats all this about Xmas at this time of year? they were talking about it on Century FM this morning as I was going to work, there even counting down now - apparently is ONLY 145 days off

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 19:49   #8
God Member

stock for this christmas was very probably ordered before last.
I start putting the lights up here in october, it time for the last weeks in november for the dickens night festival and switch on. The big contractor put there's up about two weeks prior to switch on here, but it can vary due to most towns switching theirs on about that time. One company, such as lumalite from Halifax can put up dozens of towns lights, and tehy can't do them all during the 3rd week of november. Same with taking them down.
I have to start early because I do everything myself, getting a 35kg 5ft x 10ft motif 20 odd feet up in the air on my own takes time. As does putting up 100 different motifs 100+ connections/plugs, over a mile of cable in about 150 different pieces.

No excuse for them being up at this time of year though unless they're left up all year
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 19:51   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter
I have to start early because I do everything myself, getting a 35kg 5ft x 10ft motif 20 odd feet up in the air on my own takes time. As does putting up 100 different motifs 100+ connections/plugs, over a mile of cable in about 150 different pieces.
All that on 1 house?

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 19:59   #10
I am Banned

ive already started prepparing snowballs but most were used in the heatwave of 2006
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 20:10   #11
God Member

No, 2 adjoining blocks of flats 2 wide by 3 high then across an access road is this block 2 wide by 3 high, then there's a 6ft gap and block of 3 shops with houses on top, then theres the pub accross the road, I do trees on the front, motifs on the side, and on the barn, thats the buildings at the back in my photo entry pic. All my own lights, cables, connectors, fuse boards, access equipment. I usually manage to get insurance while I'm putting them up, and get donations to pay for the public liability insurance while they are up, and for the electrical test.
I also have to do risk assesment, health and safety, obtain written permision from each resident, an electrical certificate, make sure I've got all the latest health and safety equipment and use it, accident books, hard hats, cones and barriers etc.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 20:11   #12
God Member

Well now that there is only 145 days to go lets start

PANICKING

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 01-08-2006, 20:19   #13

well I have a snow ball from christmas 2004 was going to sell it on ebay :-)
Yone

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..