Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2003, 12:40   #31
I am Banned

Post Re: CHRISTMAS PARTY

If they turn up then the chances are they want to meet people.. Name tags with there messageboard names on and optional real name in brackets is a good idea. If here so shy they dont want people to know who they are then the chances of them being there are a bit thin to say the least

I will have sunglasses and a false beard. Just in case anyone wants to bite me hahaha

HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-10-2003, 12:41   #32
Jo

Even better - everyone has a box in front of them and pieces of paper and a pen and you have to write down who you think people are and put it in their box. then after an hour or so, everyone puts badges on and can look in their boxes to see who people thought they were....  ;D
Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 12:43   #33
God Member

You're right - if they're that shy they won't turn up in the first place. But - I was thinking of those people who just find it hard to open a conversation in a face to face situation..and there's lots of those around
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 12:46   #34
God Member

OK Jo.....but I know what you look like and you know what I look like......but don't know about anyone else on here...couild be interesting
Old 10-10-2003, 12:54   #35
I am Banned

Sorry Tealeaf my mistake.. I read your message wrong.. I thought you where saying not a good idea to ahve name tags and thats what i based my post on.. Buit I just re-read only a bit slower this time  and whoops
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 13:01   #36
God Member

I wrote it badly...ooops 8)
Old 10-10-2003, 13:08   #37
Jo

Gosh, you too are being very nice to each other, am I missing out on something?  ;D ;D
Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 13:16   #38
God Member

We're always nice, Jo.....would you like us to be bad? Pray tell
Old 10-10-2003, 13:35   #39
Resting in Peace

You will all know ME ROY AND CAZZER as we all have sweatshirts with WWW.AccringtonWeb and our name on ;D
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 13:39   #40
Resting in Peace

LOOKS LIKE ITS GOING TO BE A GENRAL MEETING AT THE OAK TREE PUB ON BLACKBURN ROAD ON 14/12/03
THERE WILL BE FREE BUTTYS SO JUST DROP IN AND SEE US WILL LET YOU ALL KNOW TOMORROW
[smiley=4u.gif] [smiley=cheers.gif] [smiley=cake.gif] [smiley=drunk.gif] [smiley=pint.gif]
Old 10-10-2003, 13:59   #41
God Member

Why's that Mick - short on numbers?
Old 10-10-2003, 14:23   #42
Resting in Peace

yes only 20 said they will come the club holds 150-200 so it would look empty
and not worth ordering hotpot for so few
but we can have a good time in oak tree
will let you know tomorrow ;D [smiley=alc.gif] [smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=cheers.gif] [smiley=drunk.gif] [smiley=drunk.gif] [smiley=party.gif]
Old 10-10-2003, 14:51   #43
Resting in Peace

[quote author=happyone link=board=general;num=1065365297;start=0#28 date=10/10/03 at 13:30:43] u never know who mite turn up at theses things make sure ya got a ramp for crusader[/quote]
think he is getting a windup one or a electric one you put a shilling in ;D
Old 10-10-2003, 16:12   #44
Senior Member+

I love the idea of sweatshirts with accy web on, where did you get it from mick i would like one.
Old 10-10-2003, 16:18   #45
God Member

You got any baseball caps to? One with the peak at the front, not at the back?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..