Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Less
  • 2 Post By Less

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2014, 19:13   #1
Senior Member+

Church traffic lights

I recently contacted Graham Jones about a problem which concerned L.C.C.

I got a reply with a copy of the letter L.C.C had sent him.
It appears that from January 2015 the traffic lights at Church are being removed and the junction re-aligned to include roundabouts. This is part of the Pennine reach scheme.
I hadn't seen any advance warning or notices taped to lamp posts, when I have been sat in traffic at the lights.

Looks like more delays are forthcoming.
Old 07-11-2014, 19:30   #2
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Church traffic lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
I recently contacted Graham Jones about a problem which concerned L.C.C.

I got a reply with a copy of the letter L.C.C had sent him.
It appears that from January 2015 the traffic lights at Church are being removed and the junction re-aligned to include roundabouts. This is part of the Pennine reach scheme.
I hadn't seen any advance warning or notices taped to lamp posts, when I have been sat in traffic at the lights.

Looks like more delays are forthcoming.
Now then, I have lost a great deal of confidence in the guy I hoped would be, 'Our Graham', I may not like the idea of delays at Church traffic lights, but where is the link between the two?

Surely he doesn't need blaming for something he has no control over, (same as him not living up to the the promise of a referendum).

Oh, dear, am I going too far? Mentioning the truth online?
Gremlin likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 19:43   #3
Senior Member+

The link between the two less is that I had contacted LCC three times with a query and not received a reply. I then contacted Graham Jones to see if he could could get a reply for me.
I got a reply from Graham Jones which included a letter from LCC. This letter included the information about the Church traffic lights.
My query was nothing to do with the Church lights it just so happened that the answer was included in the reply.
Old 07-11-2014, 19:49   #4
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
The link between the two less is that I had contacted LCC three times with a query and not received a reply. I then contacted Graham Jones to see if he could could get a reply for me.
I got a reply from Graham Jones which included a letter from LCC. This letter included the information about the Church traffic lights.
My query was nothing to do with the Church lights it just so happened that the answer was included in the reply.
I apologise, obviously I read it incorrectly, thank you for proving that Graham can actually come up with answers, even if they aren't the answers to a question you may have asked, excellent.
Barrie Yates and Gremlin like this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 20:29   #5
Senior Member+

Less, before you get the wrong idea about Graham he did not come up with an answer.
He forwarded my query to LCC and then forwarded their reply to me.
I don't want you to get carried away with your adoration of our local MP. As if.
Old 08-11-2014, 05:56   #6
Resting in Peace

L.C.C are very slow in working
I reported a street light out in our street to HBC they said it was LCC that are responsible and to phone them which I did on the 21st oct they gave me a ref number and said it would be seen to within 5 days the light had not been repaired by the 6th nov
so phoned back as its the only light in the street without this light its very dark
they said it had been seen to I told them no its not and then they said there had been a miss communication with the lighting department and they would get it sorted as a priority.
glad to say its now working
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:11   #7
God Member

I have reported faulty street lights several times, and always did it on line.
Last year the fault (light always on) was corrected within 24 hours.
I don't recall it ever took more than 7 days.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..