Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-01-2008, 11:19   #31
Senior Member+

Re: College Flasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ber999T View Post
Well if the rule of thumb is applied he'll be out after 18 weeks and then have to report to the Probation Service
Yep have to report to probation once. twice a week for a few hours.

Geez I would feel safe letting my child play out on her own or with friend with him living round the corner, probation will stop him from reoffending, like it has in the past.
Old 15-01-2008, 16:14   #32
Senior Member+

When I was a policeman, I locked up a bloke for flashing. He had many previous convictions, much like the man referred to in the original of this thread. When I charged him, I realised that it was his birthday, and he was 55(?) yrs old. I said to him, "You're 55. Don't you think you should pack this in?" he replied, " No, I think I'll stick it out for another year"
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2008, 23:06   #33

Unfortunately i know this man but didnt realise his history.
He comes into the tesco where i work and is a disgusting man.
He dosent seem to wash or change his clothes and left a nasty odour behind him when he left.
It dosent surprise me hearing what he has done and i agree with the people on here that the setences for these types of offences should be a lot stronger.
If he has comitted so many offences over the years i hardly think a 35 week sentence(if he serves that)will deter him.
Its time the goverment dealt with issues like this,why should our kids be at risk any longer from these perverts?

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2008, 07:41   #34
Resident Waffler

That name rings a bell with me but I can't think why. I think it's in the dim recesses of my mind from when I was at school.

Thing is with this guy punishing him seems to have no effect whatsoever. He doesn't even seem to be capable of understanding that what he's doing is an offence to others. The article says he has learning difficulties. He really should be locked away somewhere where he won't come into contact with decent folk but it isn't going to happen is it?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2008, 12:13   #35
Senior Member+

Story on Page 14 of the observer.

Now I know it says he had learning difficulties but that didnt stop him from coming up with a Prepaired Statement with a alibi saying he was at his brothers.

I would wager when hes out he will offend again.
Old 19-01-2008, 18:42   #36

You're very probably right Mr D. I have known him all my life. He never had a 'social conscience'. I was one of his victims at the age of 10 my daughter was another of his victims when she was 5.
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..