Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2021, 23:15   #1

Coming back, what's happened here?

No posts in days? Apart from Stanley? Like they gave two hoots...

What has happened?

My last sign I was 08-08-2017, always tried to look but Ilost my memory due to I'll health. Tonight I logged in and read old posts.

Some where ****e, some got folk talking.

Read back and you just wouldn't believe the people who made this when you lost Garinda.

Gordon P, maxthecollie,gdm27, Retlaw, loads of folk who became famous and then mocked.

Less its nothing to do with your clique, that should be removed from your description, you set out to a knob from society. You just did it, everyone had your ****ed up trolling ,was clear to everyone else. I clearly envisaged you harming the forum. I was clearly right...

Ban me, it would be funny. When was there last a moderator on here...when I last logged in? I feel sorry for MargP, Cashy, Taddy and dotti(SHES ACROSS THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD) trying to keep this place alive.

And that's a message to anyone reading and lurking. Come back...not you Less. You ruined it
odders is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-11-2021, 06:17   #2
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Coming back, what's happened here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by odders View Post
No posts in days? Apart from Stanley? Like they gave two hoots...

What has happened?

My last sign I was 08-08-2017, always tried to look but Ilost my memory due to I'll health. Tonight I logged in and read old posts.

Some where ****e, some got folk talking.

Read back and you just wouldn't believe the people who made this when you lost Garinda.

Gordon P, maxthecollie,gdm27, Retlaw, loads of folk who became famous and then mocked.

Less its nothing to do with your clique, that should be removed from your description, you set out to a knob from society. You just did it, everyone had your ****ed up trolling ,was clear to everyone else. I clearly envisaged you harming the forum. I was clearly right...

Ban me, it would be funny. When was there last a moderator on here...when I last logged in? I feel sorry for MargP, Cashy, Taddy and dotti(SHES ACROSS THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD) trying to keep this place alive.

And that's a message to anyone reading and lurking. Come back...not you Less. You ruined it
You ask
Quote:
Coming back, what's happened here?
and yet you obviously already know the answer, it's all the fault of just one person, I'm glad you got your memory back even if it is a rather biased memory, I'm surprised you didn't blame me for it's loss in the first place, if there is anything I can do to assist in your continued return to full malice such as throwing myself into a burning pit of stakes or slicing my neck from ear to ear with a rusty razor blade please, just let me know.

Welcome back, it's always good to hear from old members, look after yourself and have many hours of fun now that you have returned.
cashman and Stevie R like this.

Last edited by Less; 03-11-2021 at 06:19.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 07:44   #3

Yes, Odders, it is a pity that there aren’t the good old debates on this site any more that used to get people expressing their views, agreeing, disagreeing, arguing the point, have to say not always respectful, but definitely interesting. A few controversial subjects would be great and would hopefully stir more people to say their piece. It does come across as a site devoted to dear old Stanley at times but we must keep on keeping on, even though attempts to bring in interesting topics do not always seem to tempt people to have their say. These threads soon go by the wayside, dropped like a lead balloon. Bit frustrating.

I am sorry to hear you have had ill health and hope you have now recovered, but oh! dear me, you have come on a bit strong re Less. As soon as I read your post I knew you would have at least one reply, and that from the man himself. I was right, and as much as I would normally jump in where there is controversy, this time I will keep out of it and leave the pair of you to spar on. Now THAT could be interesting.

By the way, Odders, when born in Lancashire it doesn’t matter where you live in the world you are still a Lancastrian at heart. Well that’s how I feel, and that's why I like to keep in touch.

Last edited by dotti34; 03-11-2021 at 07:47.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 08:43   #4
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post

this time I will keep out of it and leave the pair of you to spar on. Now THAT could be interesting.
I'm afraid it won't be too interesting because I shall apply the wisdom as supplied below:-

cashman and Stevie R like this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 13:55   #5
Beacon of light

We always hope that when we post,that it will stimulate some kind of interest.
If it does, then we are pleased…but if it doesn’t then we head back to the drawing board to think of something else.
But, yes it is dispiriting….but it would be even more dispiriting for the forum to fold because of lack of interest.
dotti34 likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 14:08   #6
Beacon of light

Anyway Odders….welcome back.
dotti34 likes this.
Old 04-11-2021, 23:01   #7

Well Less, considering it made no difference maybe you should have waited. Nobody bothers anymore here. You use the same old CnP balls. You should have waited, maybe it would have drawn interest to the main forum. Why would I believe you gave me cancer? You can only play God here....

Thanks for the messages Ladies, thanking of my return. Unfortunately it won't be for long. As MargP I have never done social media. I like Accrington and miss it dearly. This was the first place to find out anything.

Nobody's posted in 24hrs, apart from the Stanley faithful. As much as I don't follow football, if anyone asks were I'm from its Accy...and everyone nearly replies "STANLEY, WHO ARE THEY'.

God bless good luck to one of the best local forums ever made. It's impossible now to resurrect, let the Stanley faithful keep you going:
odders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 05:46   #8

Odders, I said I was going to keep out this but anyone who knows me also knows that I can’t keep my lips zipped, or my fingers off the keyboard, if I have something to say. I have already written that I am indeed sorry to hear about your illness. I hope I am wrong when I interpret your posting as meaning you have not recovered. If this is as is then it is very sad, and I am so sorry that this is so. As I said, I hope I have misinterpreted your post.

However, there are four things that I have to respectfully disagree with you about regarding your comments, please do not take them the wrong way. They are my thoughts. Firstly, I seriously doubt that whether playing at being one or not, Less would ever reach the status of God on this site, secondly no half-decent person would ever wish such a cruel illness on a fellow human being, and he is at least half decent (sorry Less, I couldn’t resist that one, but I’m sure you will take it in good spirit).

The third thing is that people do bother here, they do care – I have had personal experiences of how much they do. Finally, the fourth point is that nothing is impossible, so here’s to plenty more of Accy Web, over and above dear old Stanley.
cashman and taddy like this.
Old 05-11-2021, 05:47   #9

Something else but along the same lines, there must be lots of Accy Web members who have jokes they could share. I feel a bit embarrassed when I see that for a while, apart from a very few other postings, it looks like I am hogging that section (Joke of the Day). I don’t mean to and I keep thinking I won’t post any more ‘funnies’, but as we can all do with some laughter in our lives I can’t help myself. I just wish others would post there, it’s a bit lonely….
Old 05-11-2021, 08:14   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
We always hope that when we post,that it will stimulate some kind of interest.
If it does, then we are pleased…but if it doesn’t then we head back to the drawing board to think of something else.
But, yes it is dispiriting….but it would be even more dispiriting for the forum to fold because of lack of interest.
do not think its a lack of interest but more of a case of the vast majority who agree with each other on most subjects that are brought up on here. all you do is ending up underlining someone elses opinions who beat you too it.
cashman, DaveinGermany and taddy like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 08:19   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
Something else but along the same lines, there must be lots of Accy Web members who have jokes they could share. I feel a bit embarrassed when I see that for a while, apart from a very few other postings, it looks like I am hogging that section (Joke of the Day). I don’t mean to and I keep thinking I won’t post any more ‘funnies’, but as we can all do with some laughter in our lives I can’t help myself. I just wish others would post there, it’s a bit lonely….
hard to do jokes nowadays unless you are face to face with someone you know well. someone is bound to be offended for someone else no matter what you say. back in the good old days people rarely minded fun being taken out of them as they actually knew it was the evidence of their existance.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 11:48   #12
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
do not think its a lack of interest but more of a case of the vast majority who agree with each other on most subjects that are brought up on here. all you do is ending up underlining someone elses opinions who beat you too it.
Yes, to some extent that is right, but…..fir myself I know that I always hope that my posts will stimulate some interest…..and I do not care if that interest is dissimilar to my own…..life is boring when no one has a different opinion/point of view.
Dotti has started threads with the hope that it will encourage participation, because a forum is nothing without participants.
Those who comment on the progress of the illustrious football team…..don’t they have any other interests in the forum.
I do not really like football, but on odd occasions I will visit threads to do with football(not that I am much wiser when I leave).
dotti34 likes this.
Old 05-11-2021, 11:54   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

some people do post on both sport and normal forum, fact.
Old 05-11-2021, 12:04   #14
Beacon of light

Yes Cashy…you are one of them…but more don’t than do…that is also a fact.
Old 05-11-2021, 13:04   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

yep true but some people just come on for sport also a fact, its their choice.
Less likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..