Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2011, 14:14   #136
God Member

Re: Common Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
My goodness, Post #125 what an absolute rant.
It really didn't have anything that deserved it to be quoted.
Please do not confuse intelligence with the fact that you can string alot of meaningless words together.
Just one little warning, DO NOT insult the members of this site just because they have upset you,

THAT IS MY JOB!
Rant of the year, IMHO.

Still, it makes more sense than a Graham Jones twitter.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-12-2011, 14:15   #137
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
My 10 year old asked me a simple question I could not answer yesterday.

"If the Government have no money why don't they just print some more"
Not my area either but I think it's to do with dilution of the value although the Pounds pretty devalued anyway. As BG said what is written on the bank notes basically equates to the Government issuing an I.O.U./credit note 5,10,20,50 pound notes instead of the equivalent in Gold to the bearer (you with your quids) for their I.O.U./Credit note (Monetary notes). Theoretically the amount of Gold should equate to the Quid note/coins issued to the public, so issuing new notes devalues the worth of the held Gold. I think
Old 04-12-2011, 14:23   #138
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Not my area either but I think it's to do with dilution of the value although the Pounds pretty devalued anyway. As BG said what is written on the bank notes basically equates to the Government issuing an I.O.U./credit note 5,10,20,50 pound notes instead of the equivalent in Gold to the bearer (you with your quids) for their I.O.U./Credit note (Monetary notes). Theoretically the amount of Gold should equate to the Quid note/coins issued to the public, so issuing new notes devalues the worth of the held Gold. I think
Not quite, Dave. We ain't been on the gold standard for many years and I doubt if we could ever return to it, not since Gordon Brown flogged off all our precious metal at a bargain basement clearout about 10 years back.
Old 04-12-2011, 14:28   #139
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Not quite, Dave. We ain't been on the gold standard for many years and I doubt if we could ever return to it, not since Gordon Brown flogged off all our precious metal at a bargain basement clearout about 10 years back.
Aye T, I remember hearing & reading about that & it's quite often mentioned in various threads on here.
Old 04-12-2011, 14:28   #140
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Just think of all the money he saved in security by not having to stop tealeaves stealing it

I am always the optimist
Old 04-12-2011, 17:41   #141
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny View Post

Oh, I dont deny that you can string a sentence together, but, It is totally useless to a man of my intellect.
Yes, I can see what you mean.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 22:23   #142
Senior Member+

I have followed this thread since the start, yet I have to say I don't have a clue what the original point was or what the solution is.

Or even if we have come to any conclusion, am I being thick ???
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:33   #143
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
I have followed this thread since the start, yet I have to say I don't have a clue what the original point was or what the solution is.

I think It was all about a parking fine but I'm as wise or as thick as you are.

Still I don't think we are on our own.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:54   #144
God Member

Kenny has not expressed himself very well. He has been adversarial and verbose
If you wish to understand what he is going on about there is plenty on youtube.
The Freeman movement originated in Canada with Robert Menard and its main publicist in UK is John Harris

harris freeman on the land - YouTube
freeman on the land robert menard - YouTube

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:06   #145
JFT96

Since Kenny started on this, I have read into this subject.
Unfortunately, after chatting to a friend who teaches Law, it seems that the Freemans argument holds no water.
The Freemans view seems to be if you do not buy car insurance, road fund license or even hold a Driving license you are not agreeing to the Goverments Contract and therefore cannot be prosecuted because of this.
But by driving on tarmacadamed roads, which are owned by the Government you are agreeing to their contract. So your stuffed.
As I said a long time ago, if you use the things that the Government and Councils provide, bin collection, roads that are tarmacadamed, street lighting etc then you are entering into a contract and liable to play the game.
This reminds me of a quote by a friend of mine, "Some scientists say to God, we don't need you, as we can now make man. So off they go and as they start, God says, Hang on you are using my materials, build your own universe"

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:27   #146
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post

Na Dave I'm the same, who one person can have so much to say then eventually disappear up his own arse is totally incredible to me, definitely think we have a cabinet minister in the making
Old 05-12-2011, 10:34   #147
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Since Kenny started on this, I have read into this subject.
Unfortunately, after chatting to a friend who teaches Law, it seems that the Freemans argument holds no water.
The Freemans view seems to be if you do not buy car insurance, road fund license or even hold a Driving license you are not agreeing to the Goverments Contract and therefore cannot be prosecuted because of this.
But by driving on tarmacadamed roads, which are owned by the Government you are agreeing to their contract. So your stuffed.
As I said a long time ago, if you use the things that the Government and Councils provide, bin collection, roads that are tarmacadamed, street lighting etc then you are entering into a contract and liable to play the game.
This reminds me of a quote by a friend of mine, "Some scientists say to God, we don't need you, as we can now make man. So off they go and as they start, God says, Hang on you are using my materials, build your own universe"
Ya BG its definitely the chicken and the egg situation that's for sure, mind you there's always some smart arse that think they have a monopoly on logical thinking as the thread starter has tried to ram down the throats of anybody daring to disagree or take him to task, no doubt this post will warrant another 20,000 word post telling me I'm wrong and he's right
Old 05-12-2011, 12:44   #148
JFT96

Me too Jay, let's wait and see

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 13:28   #149
God Member

I wonder if this Kenny joker is the very same 'lifeinthemix' weirdo popping up under yet another guise? His arguments appear to be the same and the structure of his language is very similar. It's him...it's got to be.
Old 05-12-2011, 14:02   #150
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
I wonder if this Kenny joker is the very same 'lifeinthemix' weirdo popping up under yet another guise? His arguments appear to be the same and the structure of his language is very similar. It's him...it's got to be.
No am 90% certain it aint.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..