Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2011, 09:26   #1

Angry Common Law

Is there anybody out there that might have the feeling that the politicians and mainstream media in the uk never mention Common Law in the UK ?
kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-11-2011, 09:29   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Common Law

In what context?
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:37   #3
God Member

The differences between Common Law and Statute Law are highlighted by the
Freeman on the Land movement.

I regret I don't know enough about it to express an opinion or comment.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 15:41   #4
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny View Post
Is there anybody out there that might have the feeling that the politicians and mainstream media in the uk never mention Common Law in the UK ?
Its a bit like teh Bill of Rights, we have had one since the mid 1600's, and because of when it was implimented, it cannot be repealed. Its just that politicians, & some lawyers don't like it, so it gets quietly forgotten.
Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 17:05   #5
God Member

Common Law is based on Legal Precedent as opposed to statute, or so I am lead to believe by my learned friend.
Old 03-11-2011, 17:09   #6
Give, give, give member

Whatever it is, it appears it ain't really common knowledge.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 17:09   #7
God Member

I don't understand your question Kenny, politicians and the media refer to Common Law all the time, just as we mere mortals do. They often do not call it Common Law, often just simply 'the law', but that is what they, and we, are referring to.
Old 03-11-2011, 18:57   #8

Hiya everyone, thanks for your replies, I recently went on the internet to try and find out about where I stood regarding a PCN (parking charge notice) that I had slapped on my car in Burnley about 12 months ago,
I found a website called tpuc.org and the info on there helped me to prove that the ticket I received was in fact illegal, well not quite at the early stage, for instance:-

ANY Statute or Statutory "instrument" is a CONTRACT to be agreed upon by the one offering the contract and the recipient,
If you do not agree with the CONTRACT you have the right under common law to decline their offer,
Well, to cut a long ramble short, with me, I had the bailiffs (marstons) trying to get into my home, all this was for a £70 parking ticket, plus the bailiffs crap and it added up to £475. Bailiffs left (the ones dressed all in black like doormen) so , on this website I found a Template letter that you can download and fill in the blanks with your details, the letter points out that I know that this statute/lawNOT is a money making instrument and send it to the bailiffs in Sale Cheshire pointing out that they are a THIRD PARTY and therefor not involved in any way with this CONTRACT, also that if they darken my door again demanding money with menaces then I will report them to the relevant governing bodies as they are acting illegally. 4 days later I get an APOLOGY in the post from MARSTONS (bailiffs) apologising and telling me that the ticket/item has now been returned from whence it came Lancashire Parking Services in Preston.

End of Story. I hope Ive come across alright as I'm not right good at communicating stuff. Anyway what do you think ?
Old 03-11-2011, 20:26   #9
Senior Member+

Well done for fighting back, I think some people would panic when the bailiffs called.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:10   #10

Thats true, but I think people need to know more about COMMON LAW,
example- if you are driving down the motorway at, say 120mph and you get to your destination safely, "YOU HAVE NOT BROKEN THE LAW"
Common Law is the law of this land and its population,
All so called "LAWS" today are not really laws, they are "Statutes" Statutes are Contracts, thats all they are and cannot be imposed on a Human Being without the Human Being accepting the CONTRACT,
Politicians, Mainstream Media and people with power will NOT EVER tell you about COMMON LAW, I'm not a conspiracy theorist and dont normally complain even at the most testing of times, but the more I look into this the more I find shocking to say the least, for instance, House of Commons Ltd, EVERY Member of parliament is a Limited Company, Metropolitan Police Ltd, Almost ALL Magistrates Courts are Limited Companies,

There are TWO courts in the UK, "Court De jure" = For Justice, under Common Law, with a Jury etc, and there are "Court De facto" mainly the Magistrates these are the local magistrates in YOUR town that operate for PROFIT, they are a PRIVATE ORGANISATION and exist only to make PROFIT from the STATUTES, speeding,parking, tickets, and more shockingly COUNCIL TAX, you will NOT get justice in a Court De "facto", just drop in at any local magistrates court and ask the usher what kind of court it is, he probably wont have a clue so ask him OR her if they could go and find out, if he comes back and says it is a "Court De Jure" hes lying.
Common Law is THE LAW OF THIS LAND Common Law is plain and simple :-

As long as you dont cause HARM, LOSS or INJURY you are NOT breaking the LAW in ANY WAY, any questions peeps, just ask, for instance, this will upset a lot of parents, (I cried when I learnt this) ready? When a Parent signs a Birth Certificate they give the newborn away to the STATE, look on the birth certificate, the Father is THE INFORMANT and he informs on the newborn, There was a case a couple of years ago where a mother had her children put into care because she couldnt cope, a few weeks later, the authorities/social services brought "ONE" child back to her, she asked why they were doing this ? and the reply she got was "we cant keep this child as it doesnt belong to us" (the state) asked what they meant she was told that there wasnt a birth certificate for the child so the child was hers. Anyway what do Accywebbers think ? honestly, ask your MP why he NEVER talks about COMMON LAW.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:21   #11
Senior Member+

saw this a while back but believe it to be relevant here.

jedimaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 17:20   #12
God Member

Hmmm, interesting stuff, Kenny. What did Lancashire Parking Services have to say about the ticket being returned to them?
Old 04-11-2011, 18:21   #13
Give, give, give member

Didn't do Louis XIV much harm though.

All that 'L'Etat, c'est moi' guff.

Though if I ever face being fined I might try 'Sorry, I am not the State'.

Old 04-11-2011, 19:10   #14

Well, the letter I sent to the bailiffs I also sent to Lancashire Parking Services, it was off a template letter that I downloaded from tpuc.org which also points out the laws that they are breaking, and if they continue from this day demanding money with menaces from me they will be reported to the relevant authorities, and any more contact with me will be breaking the law, and I haven't heard a peep from them since.
Old 04-11-2011, 19:17   #15
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny View Post
Well, the letter I sent to the bailiffs I also sent to Lancashire Parking Services, it was off a template letter that I downloaded from tpuc.org which also points out the laws that they are breaking, and if they continue from this day demanding money with menaces from me they will be reported to the relevant authorities, and any more contact with me will be breaking the law, and I haven't heard a peep from them since.
I think it's interesting, some of the points you raise, and probably useful.

But if you report them to state run authorities, aren't you therefore recognising the State, and it's legislative laws?

Which would mean you are liable to their statutes?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..