Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-03-2012, 10:37   #1
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Community Volunteer Speed Trap

I have heard about these where members of the public will operate speed trap equipment and then the police will write to you saying you were speeding.

I saw my first one about an hour ago on the road from Guide to Oswaldtwistle.
Has anyone seen any others in the area or is this one of the first?
Old 28-03-2012, 10:46   #2
God Member

Re: Community Volunteer Speed Trap

i didnt think it was possible to be lower than a traffic warden until now

do you know if points and fines come with these grass's efforts?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 11:06   #3
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

I don't think so but there was something about if they get you 3 times they could prosecute which I was surprised at so I might have read it wrong.
Old 28-03-2012, 13:41   #4
God Member

so now any wanna be little hitler who cant acheive anything in life without offeringto do it for free can go be a traffic nazi.At least a trafdfic warden has the dignity of been paid to be a scumbag

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 28-03-2012, 14:28   #5
Senior Member+

Propper Jobsworth
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 14:48   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Anyone who offers to do such a task,should be beaten to death wi dog turds.
Old 28-03-2012, 14:58   #7
Senior Member+

Totally agree wi Cashy
Old 28-03-2012, 15:04   #8
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Is speeding in built up areas acceptable?
Old 28-03-2012, 15:09   #9
Senior Member+

Only if you take off over the speed humps.
Old 28-03-2012, 15:13   #10
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

It's at times like these I wish I worked for the H&S Executive, I would tie these busy bodies in knots!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 15:31   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Is speeding in built up areas acceptable?
i certainly wouldnt advocate speeding down side streets or culd-sacs etc but if a A road is clear or its late at night i could excuse somone doing 40mph in a 30mph zone seen as thats about what speed most people do in 30 zones unless theres a speed camera.Im not saying we shoudl be allowed to speed past schools or drag race down A roads but a bit of leeway woudnt hurt either.

most traffic police officers quite happily drive along side other motorists on the motorway at 80mph its when they get someone flying up the fast lane at upwards of 80mph they seem to get a bee in their bonnet and pull them up.I would say the idiots doing 40mph in the middle lane on motorways are more dangerous than somone doing 80mph on a motorway.

I know its not the "in thing" to speak up against ridiculous monitoring of the public but we all speed its just that some admit it and some dont.

i support speed cameras wher ethey are needed but a lot of them seem to be in places or mobile units get set up in places where its more likely to generate revenue rather than save lives.Stick a peed camera outside every school in england for all i care just stop putting speed traps atteh bottom of hills or 100 yards past teh speed change signs etc.

Last edited by accyman; 28-03-2012 at 15:34.
Old 28-03-2012, 15:34   #12
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

I agree with you but cars do drive fast past those houses at Guide. I have not seen the mobile camera van there for years.

I had a nice police man pull up the side of me on the M65 at 4.30am the other morning, I was doing at least 90, he then pulled past me and put "watch your speed" up on the LED display on his roof. He them put his foot down and sped off
Old 28-03-2012, 15:39   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post

or as clarkson would suggest shoot them infront of tehir families in teh street

Old 28-03-2012, 15:41   #14
Senior Member+

It's one rule for us and another for them.
Old 28-03-2012, 15:45   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I agree with you but cars do drive fast past those houses at Guide. I have not seen the mobile camera van there for years.

I had a nice police man pull up the side of me on the M65 at 4.30am the other morning, I was doing at least 90, he then pulled past me and put "watch your speed" up on the LED display on his roof. He them put his foot down and sped off
exactly police officers in general arnt too bad and use comon sense and consider other factors like how busy teh road is and state of traffic etc.These mobile units and speed cameras dont care about that stuff and theres no leeway and to make it worse they now have jobsworths who have probbaly less soul than a speed camera queing up to screw the motorist for free.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..