Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2005, 01:07   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Condoms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
That fact that you didn't receive any information at school, that could save lives, really angers me.
thats exactly what i meant.
though wouldn't say it angers me,more saddens.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:07   #17
God Member

It will have to become cool to use a condom so maybe some of the teen idols should help as they have the influence. If a footy player singer or actor can get them to buy certain cloths why not a simple life saver.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 01:07   #18
God Member

Quote:
With the wide spread of binge drinking amongst young people, use of a condom may also help lower the teenage pregnancy rate, currently the highest in Europe.
the stats of the behaviour of teenage Britain are absolutely shocking.
and this is what they call a civilised state? the powers that be desparately need to get ther arse in gear and sort it out!
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 01:09   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker
the stats of the behaviour of teenage Britain are absolutely shocking.
and this is what they call a civilised state? someone form the govt needs to get ther arse in gear and sort it out!
By the time that happens you could be a pensioner.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 08-11-2005, 01:12   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
its saddening that that may well be the case
it angers me that this is such a simple issue which could be resolved relatively easily....simply by including an extra hour for life-saving in the national curriculum
Old 08-11-2005, 01:13   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
no sorry spug shoemaker WILL be a pensioner.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:15   #22
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I left an Accrignton High School this summer and in 5 years there NEVER received a single sex-ed/awareness lesson, we were expected to know everything through biology and r.e!
I've read this again, and morality aside this is disgraceful. So young people in state schools are being taught the rudiments of reproduction, but absloutely nothing about having respect for your body, and how you can protect themselves in a loving relationship/marriage.

No wonder under sixteen year old pregnancy is so high in this country.

I'm so angry I feel like asking Vitty if I can write the next 'It really makes my blood boil' column.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 01:19   #23
Give, give, give member

What is so stupid was that nearly twenty years ago there was a massive public health drive about this.

What the powers that be have failed to realise is that it is a message that has a potential new audience every year, and needs to get through to every new generation.

Although HIV can be somewhat controlled by combination drug therapies, it is still an incurable and ultimately fatal condition.

Old 08-11-2005, 01:19   #24
God Member

Quote:
So young people in state schools are being taught the rudiments of reproduction, but absloutely nothing about having respect for your body, and how you can protect themselves in a loving relationship/marriage.
hit the nail on the head.
all we were taught were what goes where in biology...and in RE how the pope wont let you use anything to protect yerself!
Old 08-11-2005, 01:21   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Thumbs up Re: Condoms.

Quote:
I've read this again, and morality aside this is disgraceful. So young people in state schools are being taught the rudiments of reproduction, but absloutely nothing about having respect for your body, and how you can protect themselves in a loving relationship/marriage.

No wonder under sixteen year old pregnancy is so high in this country.

I'm so angry I feel like asking Vitty if I can write the next 'It really makes my blood boil' column.
go for it rindy if you feel that strongly ask the man. i always say god loves a trier.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:22   #26
God Member

Ironic really that now aids can be "battered" a bit into easing off that the next STD that could cause major problems is ignored until its too late or until a panic sets in.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 08-11-2005, 01:23   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
god loves a trier.

the quote i live by!!!
mi mam says im very trying
lol

back on topic though; i think the govt. unnecessarily skirt around the issues of AIDS and HIV; have you ever heard Tony Blair mention raising NHS funds to help the research into these malicious diseases? i certainly havent...

Last edited by shakermaker; 08-11-2005 at 01:26.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:24   #28
Give, give, give member

Quote:
hit the nail on the head.
all we were taught were what goes where in biology...and in RE how the pope wont let you use anything to protect yerself!
The sad, and crazy thing is that under pressure, the last Pope issued a statment, because of many deaths in Catholic countries, saying that condoms could be used but they had to have a hole in the end [not the hole your winky goes in, the other end,] because life is precious.

Life is precious, if you are dieing of it as well.

Old 08-11-2005, 01:25   #29
God Member

There is a lot of sense in that.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 08-11-2005, 01:28   #30
God Member

They have warnings about puppies as presents about them being for a life time not just christmas. Why can this not be pushed for the teenage pregnancy issue. For some its a life of ease as the stae pays for everything maybe that should stop as well. All this hassle can be avoided with a pack of 3 or 2 if from a pub vending machine.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..