Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-10-2006, 12:34   #1
God Member

Conned By A Female

My daughter had to go to the dentist this morning for a filling and knew an injection was involved. She had a very bad experience with an emergency dentist a couple of years ago so is obviously frightened to death.

She has been saving for a nintendo so to give her some courage I told her last night I would pay the £18 she was short if she faced up to her fears and had the treatment. ( I thought my money was safe lol)

Well she didn't have the injection, was my money safe ? Was it hell, she had the filling without injection little sod !!

I even threatened to stick a needle in her gum when we got home so I could get my money's worth.
Old 27-10-2006, 12:41   #2
I am Banned

Re: Conned By A Female

ah you are such a sucker pmsl thing is u could have a get out clause as injection was part of the fear then it wasn't faced - was it???? lol

I like her style she must learn me how to do that
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2006, 12:42   #3
Resident Waffler

Didn't the filling hurt more than the injection would have?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2006, 12:43   #4
God Member

Quote:
injection was part of the fear
Unfortunatley she isn't stupid, she recalled to me that I actually said 'have the treatment' done.
Old 27-10-2006, 12:43   #5
Senior Member+

brave girl ,i would have asked for double the money lol
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2006, 12:44   #6
God Member

Quote:
Didn't the filling hurt more than the injection would have?
Stranegley not, she hardly flinched. Perhaps it depends how much they have to clean the tooth up before they fill it.
Old 27-10-2006, 12:45   #7
I am Banned

I sooo wish i had that capacity to be so clever - im flaming too nice & honest for me own good..............mmmm no wonder i dont get anywhere, least your con was much better than what ive just found out this morning mmmmmmmmm lol
Old 27-10-2006, 12:46   #8
I am Banned

Least she is also lucky to have a filling much better than toothache & no dentist <sorry my biggest gripe of the year>
Old 27-10-2006, 12:49   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
Least she is also lucky to have a filling much better than toothache & no dentist <sorry my biggest gripe of the year>
Yeah I know the feeling Mel.Remember the agro we had with Lauren
Old 27-10-2006, 12:58   #10
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthead
Yeah I know the feeling Mel.Remember the agro we had with Lauren
Yeh i remember lol least they took hers out they only filled my last one 2 years ago temporary only to not save it but disintergrate later on & i also complained about my back one to the emergency dentist who did nothing with it & its still giving me jip bad - why bother filling em when theres no chance of a dentist anyway & they wont remove it, hence no point going emergency dentist till it gets unbearable i had great teeth when i had a dentist something simple as regular scale & polish saves teeth going - only past 4 years since i haven't had one im having bad trouble & how much does private cost cos to rectify lack of dentist its gonna ost me a bomb that i cant afford but only way to save teeth - i think even greg pope has given up now LOL
Old 27-10-2006, 13:00   #11
God Member

We have waited 2 and half years for a dentist for her, they rang up a few weeks ago and said they had a vacancy in Barnoldswick which is 7 miles away. Sounds good but of course moving to Accrington it will become an 18 mile journey. Still better than none at all though.
Old 27-10-2006, 13:06   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave
We have waited 2 and half years for a dentist for her, they rang up a few weeks ago and said they had a vacancy in Barnoldswick which is 7 miles away. Sounds good but of course moving to Accrington it will become an 18 mile journey. Still better than none at all though.
I took my youngest to Larkhill Blackburn. Where they took one out,then they arranged an appiontment at Queens Park for her to be put under to have another 4 out,because she wouldnt let them do it with the needle in the gum routine.
Old 27-10-2006, 14:37   #13
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
I sooo wish i had that capacity to be so clever
I wish the meet wasn't tomorrow night or I would have posted something insulting in a funny way here
Old 27-10-2006, 14:41   #14
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
I wish the meet wasn't tomorrow night or I would have posted something insulting in a funny way here
Go on i dare ya
Old 27-10-2006, 15:41   #15
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Go on i dare ya
It would be very rude of me to suggest that you are as thick as 2 short planks and would not have the capacity to be clever if you had a head as large as Tink's backside.
And I am never rude to a lady

thicko

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..