Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-03-2010, 07:58   #301
Give, give, give member

Re: Conservative candidate named.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
I wouldn't bank on it since you've been so incredibly rude to her. Yes she might be a politician, but that's no excuse. Do find something better to do.

Incredibly rude?

Could you helpfully quote where I've been 'incredibley rude' please? Then I can either disagree, and argue that I was just offering my personal opinion, or aplogise most humbly?

If you don't back up your criticism with actual examples, it's really impossible for me to comment further.

Especially since this forum is now very well moderated, and anything deemed 'offensive' to other members is quite rightly deleted, and as far as I'm aware the only post I've had deleted in this thread was when I quoted some pseudo-Latin from Ms. Buckley's website, which was quite rightly deleted, because I'd posted in a language other than English.

I look forward to you providing examples of what you accuse me of, so I can either defend myself, or apologise.

I wait with bated breath.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-03-2010, 08:03   #302
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I'm sure she will. Personally I just think Garinda is being unnecessarily rude.
If I am, you have a few options open to you.

If what's posted is 'offensive or malicious', you can report it.

You can put me on 'ignore', then you won't get all upset at what I post, because you'll be unable to see it.

You could always have another little sulk, and stay away for a while, until you feel more able to cope with things that don't suit you.

Old 25-03-2010, 08:09   #303
Give, give, give member

It's a hard lesson for some people to accept.

Realising that not everything in life, goes exactly how you'd like it to.

Old 25-03-2010, 08:13   #304
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Incredibly rude?

Could you helpfully quote where I've been 'incredibley rude' please? Then I can either disagree, and argue that I was just offering my personal opinion, or aplogise most humbly?

If you don't back up your criticism with actual examples, it's really impossible for me to comment further.

Especially since this forum is now very well moderated, and anything deemed 'offensive' to other members is quite rightly deleted, and as far as I'm aware the only post I've had deleted in this thread was when I quoted some pseudo-Latin from Ms. Buckley's website, which was quite rightly deleted, because I'd posted in a language other than English.

I look forward to you providing examples of what you accuse me of, so I can either defend myself, or apologise.

I wait with bated breath.
It's my opinion. I think you've been quite rude in this thread when it comes to her schooling and things. I'm sure she won't care one bit, and nor do I. I just think that it's rude when as far as I'm aware you haven't even spoken to her.
Old 25-03-2010, 08:32   #305
Give, give, give member

Quote:
It's my opinion. I think you've been quite rude in this thread when it comes to her schooling and things. I'm sure she won't care one bit, and nor do I. I just think that it's rude when as far as I'm aware you haven't even spoken to her.
Is that the very best example of my 'incredible rudeness' towards Ms. Buckley, that you could come up with?

I thought you'd be struggling.

Even though I know exactly what I've posted, I've just reread the whole thread, and stand by what I've posted.

I offered comment, on the evidence of three of my friends who were educated at Queen Mary's at the same time as our candidate. It was a relatively 'posh' school, and in my opinion didn't offer the best academic education amongst girl's private schools in the northwest.

How very rude, to offer this opinion.

I'l be accused as being the first person to mention Lytham as being 'snooty' next.

(I wasn't by the way, if you care to research a little more thoroughly.)

Old 25-03-2010, 08:44   #306
Give, give, give member

Perhaps the real issue is that you don't like what I've posted.

She did go to a private girl's school in Lytham. This might not be clear to those in Hyndburn who don't know Queen Mary's.

She tells of her membership of a Baptist church. I offer comment that exorcisms are carried out at Baptist churches in Lytham, to 'cure' homosexuals.

She hasn't had much visible presence locally so far, in the press, or in person.

All factual.

I did post a photograph of Jeanette Krankie, but conversely, and with similar humour, yesterday I posted a photograph in a thread about Labour candidate Ken Moss, which purported to show him drunk, and living rough.

I look forward to your accusation that I was 'incredibley rude' to a prospective Labour politican. Or doesnt that fit with your rather narrow agenda?

Old 25-03-2010, 08:59   #307
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Perhaps the real issue is that you don't like what I've posted.

She did go to a private girl's school in Lytham. This might not be clear to those in Hyndburn who don't know Queen Mary's.

She tells of her membership of a Baptist church. I offer comment that exorcisms are carried out at Baptist churches in Lytham, to 'cure' homosexuals.

She hasn't had much visible presence locally so far, in the press, or in person.

All factual.

I did post a photograph of Jeanette Krankie, but conversely, and with similar humour, yesterday I posted a photograph in a thread about Labour candidate Ken Moss, which purported to show him drunk, and living rough.

I look forward to your accusation that I was 'incredibley rude' to a prospective Labour politican. Or doesnt that fit with your rather narrow agenda?

Agenda? I think you have a bit of paranoia.

No I don't like what you say, because I think it's rather rude. Posting comments about how she's posh and things without even knowing her. Why on earth would you post links about exorcisms to 'cure' homosexuality in this thread about a candidate?
Old 25-03-2010, 09:03   #308
God Member

Quote:
.... Why on earth would you post links about exorcisms to 'cure' homosexuality in this thread about a candidate?
A strange and devlish voice in his head told him to post the link.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2010, 09:04   #309
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I think you have a bit of a "Baby" mentality Andrew.
Old 25-03-2010, 09:17   #310
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I wouldn't bank on it since you've been so incredibly rude to her. Yes she might be a politician, but that's no excuse. Do find something better to do.
Spot on Andrew.
Old 25-03-2010, 09:19   #311
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I'm sure she will. Personally I just think Garinda is being unnecessarily rude.
You must know by now we're supposed to make exceptions for Rindi
Old 25-03-2010, 09:22   #312
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Spot on Andrew.
This from the fella who called Graham Jones "a numpty".
Old 25-03-2010, 09:28   #313
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Again, I look forward to any quoted evidence you'd care to supply, rather than more empty rhetoric. Which seems more inspired by the fact that you don't happen to like what's been posted, because of political affiliation.

Having reread everything that I've posted in this thread, as stated earlier, I wish you luck, and look forward to seeing evidence of my 'incredible rudeness'...if that's possible for you to do.

Old 25-03-2010, 09:32   #314
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
This from the fella who called Graham Jones "a numpty".
Come, come.

'Incredible rudeness' is a one way street, and doesn't count in some people's politically blinkered eyes, if it's aimed at some one they don't agree with.

Although I'm struggling to remember when I've been accused of 'incredible rudeness', when referring to the Labour government as 'morally bankrupt', 'disgusting', and 'vile'.

Rather odd, that.

Old 25-03-2010, 09:36   #315
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I'm an oridinary member of Accy Web, just like everyone else on the forum, and subject to the same rules and regulations.

Again, any examples of 'exceptions' made for myself, I'm sure we'd find most illuminating.

Unless it's another case of sour grapes, that not everything posted on here, suits your agenda.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..