Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2010, 16:18   #481
God Member

Re: Conservative candidate named.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
From experience ya aint answered my question about how many of her new constituents have donated.
I was speaking generally. I don't know who has donated to her campaign!
Old 03-04-2010, 16:19   #482

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
From experience I know the majority of funding comes from offline donations, rather than someone logging in with a credit card. It's hardly following the party line to inform you of that. I'd hazard a guess that it's the same for the Labour Party.

Chill.
Andrew - in case you didn't know, Graham is not asking for any donations for his campaign on his blogsite.

Maybe you would do better to study the fundraising habits of your own party, rather than trying to hazard guesses about what Hyndburn Constituency Labour Party are doing.

And before you tell me to chill, I am very chilled today thank you.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 16:27   #483
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
Andrew - in case you didn't know, Graham is not asking for any donations for his campaign on his blogsite.
I did know. That's why I hazarded a guess that the Labour Party also got the majority of funding offline. Was a bit more than a guess really.
Old 03-04-2010, 16:34   #484
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
I was speaking generally. I don't know who has donated to her campaign!
I know ya were speaking generally, I also knew ya daren't hazard a guess. fuuny how ya hazard em about Labour aint it. ? PMSL
Old 03-04-2010, 16:36   #485
God Member

Quote:
I know ya were speaking generally, I also knew ya daren't hazard a guess.
Don't want to speculate.. but I have seen some campaigners wearing these t-shirts.

Old 03-04-2010, 16:38   #486
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Don't want to speculate.. but I have seen some campaigners wearing these t-shirts.

Hardly surprising is it, knowing How Together the tories are.
Old 03-04-2010, 16:42   #487
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
From experience ya aint answered my question about how many of her new constituents have donated.
Cashy, have you not noticed yet, if he hasn't got an answer and he hasn't the whit to make one up on the spare of the moment, he ignores the question.

I've asked him many a pertinent question in many a thread, rather than bullshine and make it up his preference is to pretend the question wasn't asked, yes I have seen him use the same technique on you and many others as well, typical would be politician, when his technique improves he will move on to answering your question by asking another question that has no relevance to what was asked in the first place, there lies power of non speech.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 16:45   #488

Quote:

It's Easter, they are just back from Blackpool wearing their I love Pleasure Beach T'shirts.

Fool.
Old 03-04-2010, 16:46   #489
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Cashy, have you not noticed yet, if he hasn't got an answer and he hasn't the whit to make one up on the spare of the moment, he ignores the question.

I've asked him many a pertinent question in many a thread, rather than bullshine and make it up his preference is to pretend the question wasn't asked, yes I have seen him use the same technique on you and many others as well, typical would be politician, when his technique improves he will move on to answering your question by asking another question that has no relevance to what was asked in the first place, there lies power of non speech.
Where? I generally don't ignore many posts, just sometimes I read them on my phone and forget to reply later.
Old 03-04-2010, 19:07   #490
Senior Member+

Andrew, you never answer a question. I asked you 20 times what is the best thing this 10 year Tory Coincil has achieved? Labours in the previous 10 was probably building the Globe Centre
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 19:15   #491
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
Andrew, you never answer a question. I asked you 20 times what is the best thing this 10 year Tory Coincil has achieved? Labours in the previous 10 was probably building the Globe Centre
Keeping council tax increases half that of the national average over the last 10 years is a major plus that has helped a lot of people. Maintaining healthy reserves and fixing a huge black hole in the budget is another.

In recent times I think the Arts Centre sounds like a fantastic project.
Old 03-04-2010, 20:52   #492

Quote:
Keeping council tax increases half that of the national average over the last 10 years is a major plus that has helped a lot of people. Maintaining healthy reserves and fixing a huge black hole in the budget is another.

In recent times I think the Arts Centre sounds like a fantastic project.
But it was the Tories who created the black hole in the first place and Labour had to take emergency action in 2002 to make sure HBC could carry on.

Despite Tory lies to the contrary Labour did not create the black hole - they were told about it after the elections in May 2002, when they took control of the council.

Only time will tell if the Arts Centre proves to be fantastic, and before you complain about bias - I think the regeneration plans for the Civic Theatre are very good.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 21:02   #493

Quote:
Where? I generally don't ignore many posts, just sometimes I read them on my phone and forget to reply later.
Everywhere, if the questions get tough, you just get thread amnesia and find a tangent to go off on.

Old 03-04-2010, 21:06   #494
God Member

Quote:

Can I just point out that it looks odd, the heart should be the same size as the lettering, poor design
Old 03-04-2010, 21:12   #495
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Can I just point out that it looks odd, the heart should be the same size as the lettering, poor design
Can't get the staff for these cafepress sites anymore. That's the problem when just anyone can sign up to design stuff.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..