Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2010, 21:16   #496
God Member

Re: Conservative candidate named.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Can't get the staff for these cafepress sites anymore. That's the problem when just anyone can sign up to design stuff.

Cafepress ? You mean he's printing his own t-shirts now ?

( yes I do know what you mean )
Old 03-04-2010, 21:24   #497
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Don't want to speculate.. but I have seen some campaigners wearing these t-shirts.

Can I just ask a couple of questions?

I don't expect you personally to answer, but if you could spare the time it would make a nice Change.

1. Where did you see these Campaigners?
  2. When did you see these Campaigners?
  3. Were these Campaigners carrying Labour leaflets?
  4. Does Ms Buckley really exist?
Question 3. is the most important because I think PB is doing more good for Labour than he is for his own party so far as campaigning is concerned.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 22:01   #498
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Can I just ask a couple of questions?

I don't expect you personally to answer, but if you could spare the time it would make a nice Change.

1. Where did you see these Campaigners?
  2. When did you see these Campaigners?
  3. Were these Campaigners carrying Labour leaflets?
  4. Does Ms Buckley really exist?
Question 3. is the most important because I think PB is doing more good for Labour than he is for his own party so far as campaigning is concerned.

Oh I see! So when you say I don't answer questions.. what you really mean is.. I don't answer silly questions?
Old 03-04-2010, 22:12   #499

Quote:
Oh I see! So when you say I don't answer questions.. what you really mean is.. I don't answer silly questions?
Nope, I mean you don't answer questions you don't like, because they may prove you wrong, you ignore anything awkward and as the above shows you have that political way of answering questions with questions.

Old 03-04-2010, 22:31   #500
God Member

Quote:
Nope, I mean you don't answer questions you don't like, because they may prove you wrong, you ignore anything awkward and as the above shows you have that political way of answering questions with questions.

so you ask me a load of silly questions, and then I'm answering them 'politically' because I am not going to sit answering silly questions for your benefit all day? Haha Damned if I do, damned if I don't!
Old 03-04-2010, 22:45   #501

Quote:

so you ask me a load of silly questions, and then I'm answering them 'politically' because I am not going to sit answering silly questions for your benefit all day? Haha Damned if I do, damned if I don't!
Gosh you've really outwitted me now haven't you andrew, or have you?

Could it just be that your little mind would rather attempt a come back on a throwaway post that is of course full of silly questions, in it's attempt to trivialise my earlier post about you?

Quote:
Cashy, have you not noticed yet, if he hasn't got an answer and he hasn't the whit to make one up on the spare of the moment, he ignores the question.

I've asked him many a pertinent question in many a thread, rather than bullshine and make it up his preference is to pretend the question wasn't asked, yes I have seen him use the same technique on you and many others as well, typical would be politician, when his technique improves he will move on to answering your question by asking another question that has no relevance to what was asked in the first place, there lies power of non speech.
A post the content of which I stand by.

However if you would like to carry on in the juvenile manner that you have now adopted I can cope with that as well.

Last edited by Neil; 04-04-2010 at 07:52.
Old 03-04-2010, 22:50   #502
God Member

Quote:
Gosh you've really outwitted me now haven't you andrew, or have you?

Could it just be that your little mind would rather attempt a come back on a throwaway post that is of course full of silly questions, in it's attempt to trivialise my earlier post about you?
Quote:

A post the content of which I stand by.

However if you would like to carry on in the juvenile manner that you have now adopted I can cope with that as well.
Yawn! I'm not going to play games. If you have a serious question you wish to ask me, then go ahead, or PM me. I'm not going to bounce around trying to judge whether your silly questions posts are serious or not, or try and trivialise anything. If you've got a question to prove your above quote right, spit it out man!

Last edited by Neil; 04-04-2010 at 07:56.
andrewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 23:12   #503

Quote:
Yawn! I'm not going to play games. If you have a serious question you wish to ask me, then go ahead, or PM me. I'm not going to bounce around trying to judge whether your silly questions posts are serious or not, or try and trivialise anything. If you've got a question to prove your above quote right, spit it out man!
I'm very tempted, but no, you are the expert spitter, has your dummy fallen beyond your reach again?

Last edited by Neil; 04-04-2010 at 07:57. Reason: fix quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:38   #504
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
But it was the Tories who created the black hole in the first place and Labour had to take emergency action in 2002 to make sure HBC could carry on.

Despite Tory lies to the contrary Labour did not create the black hole - they were told about it after the elections in May 2002, when they took control of the council.

Only time will tell if the Arts Centre proves to be fantastic, and before you complain about bias - I think the regeneration plans for the Civic Theatre are very good.
Please explain why in 2002 the Audit Commission rate Hyndburn a poor run council and in 2009 an excellent run council, the Audit commission have no axe to grind and tell the truth, unlike Labour who would know the truth if it bit them on the bum as this government have ably displayed over the last 13 years
Old 04-04-2010, 09:50   #505

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
unlike Labour who would know the truth if it bit them on the bum as this government have ably displayed over the last 13 years
It might just make the point you are trying to put forward if some neutral source was to proof read your input before you click on 'submit reply', it is surprising what a difference the three little characters n't could have made at the end of would had you just had it checked.

I sometimes have time on my hand's and would like to volunteer my services below, is an example of how the above post has been improved with just a little care and consideration.

Quote:

Last edited by Less; 04-04-2010 at 09:52.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:16   #506
Resting in Peace

Quote:
It might just make the point you are trying to put forward if some neutral source was to proof read your input before you click on 'submit reply', it is surprising what a difference the three little characters n't could have made at the end of would had you just had it checked.

I sometimes have time on my hand's and would like to volunteer my services below, is an example of how the above post has been improved with just a little care and consideration.

you such a gen Less wat wuld I ever do withut you
Old 04-04-2010, 10:19   #507
Give, give, give member

Quote:
you such a gen Less
Git?

Germ?

Gent?

Genuine?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:29   #508

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Git?

Germ?

Gent?

Genuine?

I think the word might be,

Gem, rindy, but we may never know.

gem (jm)
n.
1. A pearl or mineral that has been cut and polished for use as an ornament.
a. Something that is valued for its beauty or perfection: a little gem of a book.
b. A beloved or highly prized person.
3. A type of muffin.

In this context I'd go for No.3

Last edited by Less; 04-04-2010 at 10:36.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:07   #509
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Please explain why in 2002 the Audit Commission rate Hyndburn a poor run council and in 2009 an excellent run council, the Audit commission have no axe to grind and tell the truth, unlike Labour who would know the truth if it bit them on the bum as this government have ably displayed over the last 13 years
As far as I am aware, the turnover of staff at HBC is quite high so if they're such a good council why is this happening?

Also, Cllr Britcliffe was overjoyed at the amount of good news he was able to bring to the table at last week's council meeting but unfortunately he gave no criteria on how HBC had achieved their 'excellent council' status.

Would anyone care to elaborate?

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 14:57   #510
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
As far as I am aware, the turnover of staff at HBC is quite high so if they're such a good council why is this happening?

Also, Cllr Britcliffe was overjoyed at the amount of good news he was able to bring to the table at last week's council meeting but unfortunately he gave no criteria on how HBC had achieved their 'excellent council' status.

Would anyone care to elaborate?
He doesn't have to do the Audit Commission do that for him, they don't tell lies, they tell it as it is, you don't get excellence status for nothing its earned, but that doesn't come in line with the Jones Master Plan, what ever that is only he knows

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..