Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2010, 15:07   #511
God Member

Re: Conservative candidate named.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
He doesn't have to do the Audit Commission do that for him, they don't tell lies, they tell it as it is, you don't get excellence status for nothing its earned, but that doesn't come in line with the Jones Master Plan, what ever that is only he knows
These 'quangoes' can be bribed, as most politicians seem to be.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-04-2010, 15:14   #512
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
He doesn't have to do the Audit Commission do that for him, they don't tell lies, they tell it as it is, you don't get excellence status for nothing its earned, but that doesn't come in line with the Jones Master Plan, what ever that is only he knows

If only graham knows his master plan, how do you know it doesn't come in line with it?

Or are you like the primary school Tory always willing to assume and hope that people will interpret assumption as truth?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 23:20   #513
Give, give, give member

Ms. Buckley, and her team, have apparently already started a telephone campaign, which started on April 1st, in order to try and secure our votes.

How they stand legally, in reference to calling those residents who've perhaps chosen to opt out from receiving unsolicited calls, made from within the U.K., remains open to debate.

Expect calls from the team, headed by
- kebuckley Team Leader (sic),

(What did I say, about having a good grasp on English and punctuation? You can either have that, or the ability to fashion a napkin into a swan, but Queen Mary's girls can't have both sets of skills.)

- Jack Whalley Member,
- Anthony Griffiths Member,
- Andrew Barrett Member.

Call for Change | MyConservatives.com

Personally, if I receive any unsolicited calls I keep a whistle by the phone, to blast the ears of the bad mannered intruders, with a piercing, shrill, blast on the old tin whistle.

So I should be ok, and still hold on to the hope of a much more personal face to face meet with....what's her name? Oh yeah, 'keb'.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 23:26   #514
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Cheeky Lazy Gits are in fer a hell of a shock if they ring this house. trust alcopops to jump on board.
Old 04-04-2010, 23:40   #515
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Cheeky Lazy Gits are in fer a hell of a shock if they ring this house. trust alcopops to jump on board.
It's a bit like a modern day Oliver Twist, but with Bill Sykes dead, and Fagin scarpered, there's only old Nancy, and her three little raggamuffins left to do the pickin'.

Gawd bless 'em. Each and every one.

Old 05-04-2010, 05:38   #516

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Ms. Buckley, and her team, have apparently already started a telephone campaign, which started on April 1st, in order to try and secure our votes.

Expect calls from the team, headed by
- kebuckley Team Leader (sic),

(What did I say, about having a good grasp on English and punctuation? You can either have that, or the ability to fashion a napkin into a swan, but Queen Mary's girls can't have both sets of skills.)

So I should be ok, and still hold on to the hope of a much more personal face to face meet with....what's her name? Oh yeah, 'keb'.

So, still with nothing in the Coffers, this name changing Chameleon and her helpers decide on a more anti-social and expensive method of getting in touch with the people she wishes to represent.

No walk-about getting to know the area she is obviously so keen to represent.

Well, I suppose it could be worse, we could have been sub-contracted out to some call centre full of Eastern promise and asked for our votes by people with dark brown voices all of whom for some strange reason claim to be called Derek.

Last edited by Less; 05-04-2010 at 05:43.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:19   #517
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
So, still with nothing in the Coffers, this name changing Chameleon and her helpers decide on a more anti-social and expensive method of getting in touch with the people she wishes to represent.

No walk-about getting to know the area she is obviously so keen to represent.

Well, I suppose it could be worse, we could have been sub-contracted out to some call centre full of Eastern promise and asked for our votes by people with dark brown voices all of whom for some strange reason claim to be called Derek.
At least the door dosnt get slammed in her face and there is the fact if people give her a spiel the phone line accidently drops.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:46   #518
Give, give, give member

'It is a legal requirement that all organisations (including charities, voluntary organisations and political parties) do not make such calls to numbers registered on the TPS.'
TPS Registration

Well it looks like those residents who have registrered their number with the Telephone Preference Service won't be getting unsolicited calls from keb (sic), and her team.

As there are fines of up to £5,000. if callers break the law, and I don't think the thermometer has enough donations at present, to cover such hefty fines.

Perhaps we could keep a tally here, of those people who are lucky enough to receive a call from the team.

Personally I can't really see the need to have moved to Rishton, she could be back home in Lytham, and have got on the blower, asking people to vote for her.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:58   #519

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Personally I can't really see the need to have moved to Rishton, she could be back home in Lytham, and have got on the blower, asking people to vote for her.

Perhaps she has signed up with Virgin, local calls are free Virgin to Virgin, that will save money.

If she has, two ways of thinking about it, Lucky me, I won't get a call I'm not a virgin customer.

Or

What has she got against me just because I'm a non Virgin?

Old 05-04-2010, 10:43   #520
God Member

Not really any surprise that candidate's campaigners might do telephone canvassing as well as door knocking. Karen might be full of youth and knocking on doors, but not everyone is able to run around the streets all day. Makes sense still getting people involved, whichever party is doing the telecanvassing.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:51   #521
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Karen might be full of youth
As long as it's lawful, and no one receives unsolicited calls, who've registreed their number with the TPS, I'm sure her youthful team will find it very rewarding.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:59   #522
Senior Member+

Andrew Barratt is 'our' Andrew no less. Jack Whalley is a student protestor from Bristol over the wind farm. Jack called me without mentioning he was a Tory over the protest. The other guy I think I know.

I think Karen would have been better advised to deliver her leaflets with activists like everyone does. Putting it in the Observer as a free flyer is lazy. People want to see you delivering them, putting the effort in.

As for Jack Whalley, recruiting anti-green protester isn't very good when the party logo is a blue going green piece of broccoli. Say one thing in public, do another in private.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:05   #523
Give, give, give member

That's one of the benefit of having such a youthful team, you can take advantage of the school holidays.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:08   #524
Give, give, give member

Though as they warn on television phone-ins, I hope they get permission from the responsible adult who pays the phone bill, before they start making unsolicited calls.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:14   #525
God Member

Don't tell 'em half a story. Here's how to do it.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..