Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-01-2013, 18:43   #46
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Conspiracy Theories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
All the ususal suspects seem to be getting involved. Maybe they've given up on the Taliban and chosen an enemy even the French can push around.

Something is, I believe, going on behind the scenes. Free access to information about what our governments are doing is limited ... or it is possible that the Western allies are taking the threat from militant Islam very seriously; as seriously as some of us would like them to take it.
Have to say,it is possible,but being a cynical get,highly unlikely i reckon.I would think its more to do wi £££££s fer some beggar.
Old 30-01-2013, 08:46   #47
God Member

This belgian politician presents his view of the reason for the Mali war.

Belgian MP LAURENT LOUIS stands against war in Mali and exposes the international neo-colonial plot - YouTube

(you can turn on subtitles)

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 19:53   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Interesting aside mentioned on this mornings news.
We have an agreement with the French to share military assets and facilities where required. Thus we lend them transport planes.
The agreement also covers assisting each other if requested! So we could have troops in Mali before we realize it.
I believe that France and Germany have just celebrated 50 years of friendship, obviously this friendship has limitations otherwise, surely, Germany would be lending France transport planes.
davidf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 15:05   #49
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidf View Post
I believe that France and Germany have just celebrated 50 years of friendship, obviously this friendship has limitations otherwise, surely, Germany would be lending France transport planes.
Actually Dave

French Mission in Mali Puts Germany in a Tight Spot - SPIEGEL ONLINE
Old 02-02-2013, 18:22   #50

I've just read the article, thanks DaveinGermany.
davidf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 21:10   #51
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Not much of a plane, is it. Don't they have any C-17s? You'd think will all the cash floating around the Reich they could have a whole fleet of those big Boeings. Even we have a few. If they don't want to buy them out of current revenue, surely there must be some loot left over from the last version of the Reich, hidden in a cave somewhere with Frederick Barbarossa. That looks like the latest version of the He 111 What are they gonna haul, escargots
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 21:37   #52
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Well for the German, French & Turkish air forces it's good enough, it has the transport capabilities a little less than the "Fat Albert" C-130. As the military of those mentioned tend towards light rapid reaction forces, unlike America, Russia etc who rely on large ground forces & conventional mass arrays of Armour, Infantry & Artillery in a war fighting capacity, I reckon the Transall C-160 is aptly fit for purpose.

C-160 Transall Cargo and Tactical Transport Aircraft - Airforce Technology
Old 03-02-2013, 18:10   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Well for the German, French & Turkish air forces it's good enough, it has the transport capabilities a little less than the "Fat Albert" C-130. As the military of those mentioned tend towards light rapid reaction forces, unlike America, Russia etc who rely on large ground forces & conventional mass arrays of Armour, Infantry & Artillery in a war fighting capacity, I reckon the Transall C-160 is aptly fit for purpose.

C-160 Transall Cargo and Tactical Transport Aircraft - Airforce Technology
Nah ... I'd rather think of the frogs and the krauts are being cheap. And their rapid response to conflicts such as those in Afghanistan seems to be in a direction away from the combat.

There are going to be more Afghanistans and Malis. I don't see it as good logistics to get into a conflict as the French did in Mali, and then dial Rent-a-Flying-Truck to handle the moving. Hey, Canada and England, can we borrow a couple of your C17s? Pretty please?

And it's not only the Yanks and the Ivans who are using the heavy lifters. The RAF has some; the RCAF has four; the RAAF has three with an option for more; how else are they going to move their new M1 Abrams tanks around? Even Qatar, the UAE, and India have them. Canada will be using them for Disaster Assistance Response Teams (DART). It takes a lot of lifting capacity to move portable hospitals, engineers and equipment, emergency generators (the big mothers; not like the one I have in my garage), water treatment plants etc. etc. Not only that, the C17 can land at CFS Alert, an upaved runway which constitutes the world's most northerly airport.

Last edited by Eric; 03-02-2013 at 18:16.
Old 05-02-2013, 22:34   #54
Senior Member+

Perhaps the l'Arme dAire and the Luftwaffe never had any plans to fly further than to UK - Again
Eric and DaveinGermany like this.
Old 06-02-2013, 03:56   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Perhaps the l'Arme dAire and the Luftwaffe never had any plans to fly further than to UK - Again
Seems like the RCAF C-17 has moved 350,000 kg of French military equipment ... any guesses on how many white flags that would be?
Old 06-02-2013, 08:10   #56
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Seems like the RCAF C-17 has moved 350,000 kg of French military equipment ... any guesses on how many white flags that would be?
Na Eric not the white flag the French battle flag, which is a white cross on a white background
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 17:17   #57
Senior Member+

Quote:
My French has got even worse since I came home - should read "l'Arme de l'Aire" and now I am not sure about the first l' - but who the hell cares
Old 06-02-2013, 17:27   #58
Resting in Peace

Quote:
My French has got even worse since I came home - should read "l'Arme de l'Aire" and now I am not sure about the first l' - but who the hell cares
What
Old 08-02-2013, 04:07   #59
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Na Eric not the white flag the French battle flag, which is a white cross on a white background
"The French are playing tough, very tough" ... I got this one from an article in the "Guardian" (sorry about that) ... And guess what tough is, French style? Not answering thier cell phonesWow ... you don't want to pee those guys off Who knows what they will not be doing next?
Old 08-02-2013, 08:25   #60
Resting in Peace

Quote:
"The French are playing tough, very tough" ... I got this one from an article in the "Guardian" (sorry about that) ... And guess what tough is, French style? Not answering thier cell phonesWow ... you don't want to pee those guys off Who knows what they will not be doing next?
The next thing we'll hear Eric, is that French women will refuse to shave under there arms

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..