Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2009, 10:10   #1
Resting in Peace

Conspiracy Theory

Any one see the program on BBC 2 last night about the Conspiracy theories surrounding the 7/7 bombings. The first half of the program set out some of these theories which have been flying about for years on web sites, the second half set about blowing them out of the water. The two main ones were, this guy said that the bombers were never anywhere near Luton Station on the day and that the CCTV stills were doctored, it then went on to say that this same guy wrote on his web site the the Holocaust never happened and when they showed him the actual CCTV film he went rather quiet. The second one which was rather sinister, in as much as this guy made DVD called "The 7/7 Ripple Effect" which more or less said that the government in collusion with MI5 had staged the whole affair to blame Muslims and strengthen there resolve on fighting terrorism
The guy had a middle eastern name and he sent copies of this DVD to mosques all access the country. They tracked him down to Southern Ireland, what a weirdo, seems he was the self proclaimed Messiah according to his website, he has since been arrested for perverting the course of justice. if you missed it its worth a look if it comes on BBC iplayer
Old 01-07-2009, 10:49   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Conspiracy Theory

I didnt watch this program as I knew what it would be like, I mean come on its The BBC.

From what I can gather it was more of a program trying to discredit 7/7 conspiracy theories, than a look into the bombings themselves.
***Mr D*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:00   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
I didnt watch this program as I knew what it would be like, I mean come on its The BBC.

From what I can gather it was more of a program trying to discredit 7/7 conspiracy theories, than a look into the bombings themselves.
It certainly was and it did a very good job too, just showed what half baked idiots there are out there
Old 01-07-2009, 11:42   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
It certainly was and it did a very good job too, just showed what half baked idiots there are out there
As in those that believed it. (The BBC story that is).
Old 01-07-2009, 13:49   #5
Senior Member+

Double bluff!

Thanks to the BBC because I'd never even heard of this You Tube video "77 the ripple effect." until this program pointed it out.

But they could put anything on the news and people would believe it.

kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 14:22   #6
God Member

At 3 minutes into the BBC programme -
"they stopped for petrol and one quibbled with the cashier over his change"
...hardly the thing to do if you are on your way to commit suicide
....neither would you throw aside your driving licence as you are about to die.
(discovered TWO DAYS later)

Only a brief mention (in a BBC newscast) was made of a power surge which ocurred as the bombs went off.

"Film made by a man with an arabic sounding name"
Paul Muad'Dib, is a fictional character in the Dune universe created by Frank Herbert;
For a person who is exposing a treachourous government, a pseudonym is an essential.

There was no mention whatsoever of the 24yr old woman who was in the medical building next to the bus bomb,
who said she heard TWO explosions.
This young woman died unexpectedly 2 weeks later.

This BBC documentary had the purpose of discrediting the credibility of the theorists.
They may well be eccentric and have strange opinions on other matters,
but this does not mean that the basis of their claims is untrue.
The BBC has been selective in what aspects of the 7/7 film it chooses to discredit,
and has neglected to mention many other points raised in the 7/7 film.

It is sad that persons have recieved hate mail because they have been named.
That offensive would be better directed towards the alleged planners of the event - the government.
The government who have had to modify the original official explanation in the light of points made in the 7/7 film.

I choose to believe that we have not heard the full truth from either side, and maybe never will.
I examine motives - the government had good reason to benefit from it - an excuse for Irag war.
and history tells us that many have died to give government policy credibility.
eg - Pearl Harbour was allowed to happen - the japanese spy was being watched as he relayed ship movements.
eg - british soldiers were treated as guinea pigs at Christmas Island.

All in all we're just another brick in the wall - we all are 'expendable', and many of us are 'useless eaters'

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 15:12   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Double bluff!

Thanks to the BBC because I'd never even heard of this You Tube video "77 the ripple effect." until this program pointed it out.

But they could put anything on the news and people would believe it.

So did you watch the full video?

Makes interesting viewing and a MUST watch if you are going to comment against it.

Here is the full version.
Conscious Media Network - Featured Video
Old 01-07-2009, 15:19   #8

I watched it and the usual nutters were coming up with their conspiracy theories which are an insult to the victims
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 15:27   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadey View Post
I watched it and the usual nutters were coming up with their conspiracy theories which are an insult to the victims
NO INDEPENDENT PUBLIC ENQUIREY is an insult to the victims.

Also should it be an arrestable offence to post a DVD?

Well it is under EU law.
Old 02-07-2009, 18:00   #10
JFT96

The great thing about You tube is everyone can tell you the truth, its upto you if you believe them.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 18:31   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
The great thing about You tube is everyone can tell you the truth, its upto you if you believe them.
The same goes for politicians and pilots

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 18:48   #12
JFT96

And you as well Margaret, the problem is I don't have a agenda, I just want a quiet life.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 19:22   #13
God Member

I still think that "Conspiracy Theory" is a polite modern buzz phrase for bullshlt ... right up there with aliens and their anal probing .... Anyone read "Chariots of the Gods" recently .... by the way, I ran into Elvis yesterday; he told me where Jimmy Hoffa went.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 19:39   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I still think that "Conspiracy Theory" is a polite modern buzz phrase for bullshlt.
Spot on Eric........Those chemicals that are sprayed from the air don't kill midges nor do they have much effect on the thieving rats at Westminster.
I think there may be a conspiracy to get the Brown Giant out of No 10 and a conspiracy to make Britain skint.
The Horse Fly conspiracy to bite all and sundry can be contained. Don't eat Horse nuts laced with treacle.
Life goes on.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:31   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I still think that "Conspiracy Theory" is a polite modern buzz phrase for bullshlt ... right up there with aliens and their anal probing .... Anyone read "Chariots of the Gods" recently .... by the way, I ran into Elvis yesterday; he told me where Jimmy Hoffa went.
Did Elvis mention anything about how they were going to smuggle Michael out

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..