Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-12-2020, 20:19   #1486
Beacon of light

Re: Corona Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
that im afraid is one of the daftest comments i have ever heard.and i dont base that on any vaccine at all.
Cashy, it is good of you to enlighten me and tell me that I am daft.(and I know that is not what you said, but you implied it)
Now forgive me, but I have my own opinions....and you(nor anyone else) needs to subscribe to them.
We are all entitled to have opinions and we are entitled to express them here.
I am totally honest.
I am not in the habit of going with the flow. I think through my actions(and in saying that I am not implying that you do not) and I thought we had come to an agreement that people do what is right for them.
taddy likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-12-2020, 21:15   #1487

Gremlin, it is not the short-term effect that worries me, though I'm glad to hear that your cousin is doing ok after receiving the jab. It is the long-term effect. Not that this would probably apply to me personally as I am even older than you (AND Cashy) but I worry about the younger people who have the vaccination. We all know that the reason why normally new vaccines and drugs are tested and reactions observed for sometimes 5 years and even longer is because unforeseen reactions and problems can occur and have to be fixed before the drug is put on the market. The old adage 'better to be safe than sorry' applies.

I sincerely hope that there are no adverse effects (especially serious ones) that appear when it's too late to do anything about them, but let's face it, this vaccine is really still only in an experimental stage going off past procedures.

I think I will have to think long and hard before I put out my arm for the jab, but isn't it great that we can make up our own minds as to what to do.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2020, 09:26   #1488
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post

I think I will have to think long and hard before I put out my arm for the jab, but isn't it great that we can make up our own minds as to what to do.
might have to wait longer and think harder now that it seems the virus has mutated and the present vaccine is no good for this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2020, 11:05   #1489
Beacon of light

This was always likely to happen.....and this is why the flu vaccine has to be given every year.
Every year the flu virus mutates and the vaccine is made to cover the viruses that were prevalent in the previous Southern Hemisphere winter....which is why their actions are sometimes less effective in preventing the flu here....by the time it gets here it has mutated further.
So the flu vaccine might protect you, but then again it might not.....a bit like playing roulette.

To take sensible precautions to protect yourself during the flu season is what is required....wash hands, vit D...vit C, alcohol/ chlorhexidine mouthwash as a gargle....will all help.
Masks do not, because as previously noted, the virus is too small to be captured by any mask on the market for the general public.
But then we have been here many times before.....we are going to have to live with this, much as we do with seasonal flu.
taddy and monkey hanger like this.
Old 15-12-2020, 13:45   #1490
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Well, that's me booked in for the first dose of Covid-19 Vac tomorrow morning.
After reading the MHRA report I am happy that it's the right decision for me.

Plus.... Bill Gates will finally be able to track me round Lidl!!!! Lucky Bill! I'm beyond excited!
cashman likes this.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2020, 14:20   #1491
Beacon of light

Bill gates should be the one getting excited Lettie....getting you in his sights has been on his bucket list for so long now
Old 15-12-2020, 18:08   #1492
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Masks do not, because as previously noted, the virus is too small to be captured by any mask on the market for the general public.

Yet the German govt authorised 3xPPF masks free for over 60's & at risk members of the public, these they could collect from the local chemists as of today, just show your pass. (leaving it wide open to abuse).

Still they intend to get the Krankenkasse to issue coupons to & for the vulnerable from next year on, the release today was to quell the restiveness of the natives who will be going into full lockdown here from 00:00 tonight until at least Jan10th 2021.
Old 15-12-2020, 19:09   #1493
Beacon of light

The only masks that will prevent the inhalation of the virus are the type used at Porton Down.....and the military have this type too...but anything else useless for anything other than a badge of conformity.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 16-12-2020, 04:27   #1494
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

When I was in it was the S10 "Gasperator", made some folk look proper 'ansome when the donned them, better than their day face.
taddy likes this.
Old 16-12-2020, 08:51   #1495
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
The only masks that will prevent the inhalation of the virus are the type used at Porton Down.....and the military have this type too...but anything else useless for anything other than a badge of conformity.
seems we may have to wear our badge of conformity for another 12 months by what i heard somewhere. wish you could buy one cheap with something like that written on one
Old 20-12-2020, 11:05   #1496
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Here we go, plague carriers doing a runner from the "Big smoke" because of tier 4, getting their scraggy arses out of town to pass their contagion on to the other folk throughout the UK. Absolutely irresponsible & selfish, no wonder there is so much dislike for the capitol & its occupants.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/13...ansport-police
taddy and monkey hanger like this.
Old 20-12-2020, 11:20   #1497
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Here we go, plague carriers doing a runner from the "Big smoke" because of tier 4, getting their scraggy arses out of town to pass their contagion on to the other folk throughout the UK. Absolutely irresponsible & selfish, no wonder there is so much dislike for the capitol & its occupants.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/13...ansport-police
Nothing surprises me with selfish scum like those dave.
Old 20-12-2020, 11:37   #1498

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Dave you do have a way with words, I wish that I was as verbose as you.
DaveinGermany likes this.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2020, 11:43   #1499
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
Dave you do have a way with words, I wish that I was as verbose as you.

Tads mate ask father Christmas for a theasaurus in your crimbo sock this year, then just have a daily random browse, oodles of fun & loads of big words!
taddy likes this.
Old 21-12-2020, 08:55   #1500
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Nothing surprises me with selfish scum like those dave.
imagine if it was the other way round and us northerners were doing the same. they would be wanting the army out surrounding the M25 shooting us all to keep their capital safe.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..