Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-12-2020, 09:41   #1501
Beacon of light

Re: Corona Virus

It is alleged that this new variant of the virus has Benn known of since September....so why wait until a few days before Christmas to mention it and bring in measures??
While is am at it...why have the figures for flu and pneumonia deaths disappeared from the ONS statistics.....are the flu and pneumonia figures being added to the virus stats to fluff them out a bit.

Isn’t all this very reminiscent of Project Fear?

There seems to be no end to this situation.....and at the rate vaccinations are going you will be in the same boat NEXT Christmas (350,000 people have received the first dose of the vaccine so far)
Matt Hancock over promises and under delivers.
nicola68 and DaveinGermany like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-12-2020, 10:54   #1502
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
...why have the figures for flu and pneumonia deaths disappeared from the ONS statistics.....

Come on Ma, as an ex-medical professional, surely you realize they've found the cure for those, but they're being very modest about it all & not crowing it from the rooftops .....

Oooohh, look a pretty pink, winged, piggy wiggy just flapped past my window!
Old 22-12-2020, 15:06   #1503
Beacon of light

Yeah Bob...of course they have(not).
It all makes me very sceptical.....yes, I need a change of pills.
Old 22-12-2020, 16:00   #1504
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

it has been known about since september but they knew nothing at all about it, to me it would make sense to find out a bit first surely.
Old 22-12-2020, 17:01   #1505
Beacon of light

Cashy, PHE supposedly knew about it....and as for the figure of 70% more infectious, that figure(according to a number of virologists...one of them in Germany) was plucked from thin air.
They have very little factual evidence that supports this claim and spewing out statistics without a frame of reference...like how many tests were done...how many were repeat tests....etc (you know the drill,)we have been here before...it is all a ploy to create more fear in the population and to get more people on board with a vaccine that they would like us all to have.

How can anything be called tier 4 if everyone is going to be in it....it is a lockdown and so far these have not worked.
The definition of insanity is to keep doing the same things and expecting different results.....and that criticism can certainly be applied in this situation.

But Instead of seeking a solution, they blame the people...easy target aren’t we?
Old 22-12-2020, 17:08   #1506
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

like i say they knew about but not how virulent or anything it was so why make things up just to satisfy some? to me they have to find out summat about it only way to do that as i see it is study when its running
Old 22-12-2020, 19:52   #1507
Beacon of light

Cashy, the figures are bogus and mean nothing without any context....but they want the population to be too scared to do anything....and I mean anything......they want them to be holed up in their houses....house arrest for no crime.(for a virus that is 99.92% survivable without any vaccine.
And vaccinating those who have HAD Covid.....so will have their own immunity.....Why?
They say they do not know how long natural immunity lasts, but then they think that the vaccine only confers six months immunity....they do not know for sure.

I can see no hope, no end and only misery and health issues that are unrelated to the virus.
Cancer treatments missed, scans to check on cancer patients deferred. Appointments with surgeons cancelled numerous times.....and this is just my lass I am talking about....there are many more out there.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 22-12-2020 at 19:56.
Old 22-12-2020, 19:57   #1508
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
like i say they knew about but not how virulent or anything it was so why make things up just to satisfy some? to me they have to find out summat about it only way to do that as i see it is study when its running
They are feeding us BS.
Old 23-12-2020, 07:27   #1509
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

and many of these so called experts are talking it
Old 23-12-2020, 08:30   #1510
Beacon of light

You mean like Neil Ferguson...who was supposed to have quit(but was still involved in sub groups) his lucrative post for breaking lockdown to have a visit with his mistress....one rule for them.....and something different for us.
Oh...I forgot Covid is clever...it will avoid these who are making the rules for the minions to follow.

It is a control exercise
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 23-12-2020, 17:01   #1511
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

i said many dont even know who ferguson is,dont care to be honest,theres experts on both sides that talk crap i can see it funny how some cannot.
Old 24-12-2020, 10:19   #1512
God Member

Quote:
i said many dont even know who ferguson is,dont care to be honest,theres experts on both sides that talk crap i can see it funny how some cannot.
its a situation where you pick the expert that suits your take on the subject. think a lot of people think this way and the other side only makes their own stance harder. if the BBC tells me one thing i,ll always do the other or at least get another opinion.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2020, 10:10   #1513
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

So another vaccine is due to be rolled out, the okay has been given by UK Govt. for Oxford/Astra zeneca fo start jagging folk from 04 Jan 2021.

Irrespective of your personal views if I had to have a vaccine (which I think they will eventually force on to everyone with underhand tricks & backdoor tactics) I'd prefer it to be from these people.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/13...-tier-5-latest
Old 30-12-2020, 11:56   #1514
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
So another vaccine is due to be rolled out, the okay has been given by UK Govt. for Oxford/Astra zeneca fo start jagging folk from 04 Jan 2021.

Irrespective of your personal views if I had to have a vaccine (which I think they will eventually force on to everyone with underhand tricks & backdoor tactics) I'd prefer it to be from these people.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/13...-tier-5-latest
i have said that for ages dave but beggars cant be choosers, dont think they will force it on people though,
Old 31-12-2020, 08:56   #1515
God Member

Quote:
i have said that for ages dave but beggars cant be choosers, dont think they will force it on people though,
they will indirectly. if you want to fly, go out of the country by other means, go to mass gatherings like the cinema or sports events it will be part of the conditions of entry. however the thing is a lot cannot wait for the vaccine to arrive but will they be as keen having it year after year when needed. like the present yearly flu jab i imagine lots had it originally but fell by the wayside for various reasons.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..