Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2021, 15:27   #1546
Beacon of light

Re: Corona Virus

Taddy I am not an ale fan...more of a builders tea sort of girl(I use the term 'girl' loosely...we are all girls in our head)
I am just thoroughly fed up that I cannot jump on a bus and go somewhere for a change of scene.
What I wouldn't give to have a sit at the end of Southport pier, taking in great gulps of ozone.

Anyway, a shillings worth of gas would not put a budgie to sleep
taddy likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-01-2021, 21:03   #1547
Beacon of light

Wife to Husband...'Did I get fat during lockdown?

Husband to Wife 'You were never very skinny anyway'

Time of death 11;23 pm 26/03/2020.
Cause of death: Covid 19.

sorry peeps...just had to do it!...I know it isn't funny..not much is anymore
Old 06-01-2021, 10:25   #1548
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i think its funny lol
Old 06-01-2021, 11:27   #1549
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1248772
I am just thoroughly fed up that I cannot jump on a bus and go somewhere for a change of scene.
What I wouldn't give to have a sit at the end of Southport pier, taking in great gulps of ozone.

if you want to do it that bad then just do it. far safer on an empty bus and empty pier than your local supermarket. the problem arises when everyone decides to do the same thing but that aint going to happen. sod the local curtain twitching gestapo as well. if you are putting no one else in danger just do your thing.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 12:13   #1550
Beacon of light

I have the Covid police resident in my house...my other half....he would be twitching like an undiagnosed epileptic if I said I was getting on a bus.
taddy and monkey hanger like this.
Old 06-01-2021, 12:14   #1551
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i think its funny lol
Well, it is sort of..if you like black comedy....am I allowed to say that, or is it racist(do I look bothered to you.?)
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 06-01-2021, 12:23   #1552

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1248772]Taddy I am not an ale fan...more of a builders tea sort of girl(I use the term 'girl' loosely...we are all girls in our head)

I am in complete agreement with the above except that I would change the bit about taking in "great gulps of ozone" with great gulps of Hobgoblin whilst taking in the sea air.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 12:29   #1553
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I have the Covid police resident in my house...my other half....he would be twitching like an undiagnosed epileptic if I said I was getting on a bus.
I think he is worried I might get it and snuff it...leaving him to deal with all of what that would entail.
Either that or he thinks I am not worth paying a fine for!
Old 06-01-2021, 12:30   #1554
Beacon of light

[QUOTE=taddy;1248795]
Quote:
Taddy I am not an ale fan...more of a builders tea sort of girl(I use the term 'girl' loosely...we are all girls in our head)

I am in complete agreement with the above except that I would change the bit about taking in "great gulps of ozone" with great gulps of Hobgoblin whilst taking in the sea air.
Whatever floats your boat Taddy...you could have myshare of the hobgoblin and I could have your share of the ozone.
taddy likes this.
Old 06-01-2021, 13:10   #1555
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Well, it is sort of..if you like black comedy....am I allowed to say that, or is it racist(do I look bothered to you.?)
hey its getting really stupid now with the do-good idiots was watching tv this morning and Radox have had to remove the Radox for men from their product as its offensive pmsl thats how stupid and pathetic some people are, they apparently made it and thought women would not buy it cos the smell was not feminine but through idiots complaining they have removed the "For Men"every single one who was giving opinion on the prog thought it was ridiculous. why the media cannot highlight junk like this as such is ridiculous to me,
Old 07-01-2021, 09:55   #1556
Beacon of light

OK, now back to serious stuff.
This is an enlightening and interesting read....not from mainstream media, but from a well respected scientific publication....though I fear it will not be to the taste of some members.

https://principia-scientific.com/bre...covid19-fraud/

This is not conspiracy theory stuff this is taken from official document which are (I think) required by law.
This stuff the government are NOT telling you.
Why might they be hiding this from the population...well, again you can draw your own conclusions as to the agenda...but I know what I think(bit do not wish to try to convert anyone to what are seen as conspiracy theories)
Have a nice read.
Old 07-01-2021, 10:43   #1557
God Member

just do not know why these things are conspiracy theories anyway. as long as i can remember there are people around that never had a bad cold but say they had flu. now due to some simalarity with the symtoms there coughs, colds and fevers have not just become flu, if that actually exists anymore, but have had the virus where death is knocking at their doors.
taddy likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 15:18   #1558
God Member

Quote:
https://principia-scientific.com/bre...covid19-fraud/
This is not conspiracy theory stuff this is taken from official document which are (I think) required by law. This stuff the government are NOT telling you.
Why might they be hiding this?
Incredible read, Margaret. It beggars belief....
37 actual, medically certified Covid infections across in the final week of 2020!
Attached Images
File Type: png 83803170-2158-460B-9D28-AABCEDDE3B6B.png (391.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: png 1EA22583-3FC5-48A2-B8BF-E6A16A27EC30.png (415.0 KB, 5 views)
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 16:00   #1559
Beacon of light

yes, so why are we being told that there are hundreds of deaths daily from the Covid infection.

The majority of these deaths will be from the usual respiratory disorders that are rife at this time of the year, but we are being allowed and encourged to assume that they are from the virus.
Old 07-01-2021, 16:21   #1560

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1248772]Taddy I am not an ale fan...more of a builders tea sort of girl(I use the term 'girl' loosely...we are all girls in our head)

I used to enjoy History at Woodnook, although funnily enough I can't remember the name of the Teacher. Anyway I was always told that ale was being brewed and quaffed over 5,000 years ago, Whilst Tea has only been brewed and quaffed since Sir Walter Raleigh, (the inventer of the Bicycle), brought it back from the Americas only 500 years ago.
With me being a traditionist and a Luddite, I will stick with the tried and tested 5,000 year old brew.
Regards, The real ale enthusiast and Luddite, Taddy.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..