Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-01-2021, 18:15   #1636
God Member

Re: Corona Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Biden is even more useless that who he replaced as president in my view.
Doubt he’ll last long but he needs to survive long enough to sign more of the Woke Party agenda into law.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-01-2021, 09:41   #1637
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Doubt he’ll last long but he needs to survive long enough to sign more of the Woke Party agenda into law.
and put the economy back years and put unemployment up. the media however will have all the excuses ready now for him if this happens.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2021, 23:25   #1638

Researchers at Monash University here in Australia have made a discovery that could significantly help the many people suffering from asthma, could be a game-changer for them. Life changing. Tests are being carried out but guess what, according to the news this morning It is possible that this medical discovery could be on the market IN FIVE YEARS!!! Wow!

I bet the great number of people who suffer from asthma – a dreadfully debilitating, frightening, and, in some cases fatal, disease – are wondering why it will take so long before considered safe to use when the vaccine for COVID19 is deemed safe after such a short testing period.

I know there will be answering postings on this thread that it is all to do with funding and the lack of it for research and development, but it also ponders the question that, frustrating and disappointing as it may be when it takes so much time to guarantee the safety of new medications, just how fast is too fast.

Just asking….
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2021, 23:28   #1639

Regarding the above post, don’t get me wrong - I am certainly not against vaccinations, have the flu one every year and had the whooping cough last year, but after having a very bad experience while in hospital recovering from an operation last August, I am loathe to offer my arm for a jab of a vaccine that I do not feel confident about.

The severe hallucinations I suffered after certain drugs were administered were very frightening and are still foremost in my mind. Immediate tests were carried out on me in case I really had lost the plot completely – but the doctor who carried out these tests wrote that I was ‘neurologically unremarkable’ – so what do I know
Old 27-01-2021, 09:32   #1640
God Member

[QUOTE=dotti34;1249596]

I bet the great number of people who suffer from asthma – a dreadfully debilitating, frightening, and, in some cases fatal, disease – are wondering why it will take so long before considered safe to use when the vaccine for COVID19 is deemed safe after such a short testing period.

exactly. just wonder if its just me but i know of far more asthma sufferers than i do those who have caught the virus. as a kid i hardly knew a soul who had it but over the years cases seem to be shooting up in some areas of the country more than others. then the testing period crops up again. only last summer one of the governments pet experts said that there would not be a vaccine out till late 2021. only a couple months later abra cadabra there is one out. does make you wonder.
Old 02-02-2021, 11:14   #1641
Senior Member+

I was due to get my covet jab at Blackburn today but after listening to my neighbour who waited in a queue for over 4 hours yesterday and then reading this account in the lancs telegraph https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.u...urn-cathedral/
I decided not to bother
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 21:20   #1642

It's a wonder that some of the elderly queuing all that time in those conditions for their jab don't end up with pneumonia, or at least severe colds. I was talking to a cousin last night who lives in Accrington and is eligible for the vaccine. He said his appointment would be at Blackburn and had heard about the long waiting time. Has decided to wait until his own doctor is able to give the jab. Who can blame him.
Old 03-02-2021, 17:36   #1643

[QUOTE=accybeme;1249814]I was due to get my covet jab at Blackburn today but after listening to my neighbour who waited in a queue for over 4 hours yesterday and then reading this account in the lancs telegraph https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.u...urn-cathedral/
I decided not to bother[

There is something very wrong with the people who are spreading these unsubstantiated rumours, her indoors and myself were given a time of 10.00 hours last Sunday to turn up at the Acorn Centre in Accy for our little pricks, we arrived at 09-45 hrs and waited in the car for another five minutes before going in to the reception area, by 10-10 hours we were back in the car and on our way home after both having "the little prick" and were told that we would be contacted,when we had to turn up for our second jab.
Come on people you cannot get much better service than that. I have waited a lot longer than that to get served with a pint in a pub.

t
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 17:59   #1644
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

[QUOTE=taddy;1249927]
Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
I was due to get my covet jab at Blackburn today but after listening to my neighbour who waited in a queue for over 4 hours yesterday and then reading this account in the lancs telegraph https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.u...urn-cathedral/
I decided not to bother[

There is something very wrong with the people who are spreading these unsubstantiated rumours, her indoors and myself were given a time of 10.00 hours last Sunday to turn up at the Acorn Centre in Accy for our little pricks, we arrived at 09-45 hrs and waited in the car for another five minutes before going in to the reception area, by 10-10 hours we were back in the car and on our way home after both having "the little prick" and were told that we would be contacted,when we had to turn up for our second jab.
Come on people you cannot get much better service than that. I have waited a lot longer than that to get served with a pint in a pub.

t
taddy a lad who stands with us up stanley had to wait 3 @ half hours sunday afternoon so its not unsubtantiated at all.
Old 04-02-2021, 10:47   #1645
God Member

[QUOTE=dotti34;1249909]It's a wonder that some of the elderly queuing all that time in those conditions for their jab don't end up with pneumonia, or at least severe colds.

well one thing they will not catch is flu. lowest total in 130 years this year. as long as you do not get the virus all other diseases are not bothered about are they. defeat the virus but get something else. on top of this i thought we were told not to travel to other towns and use public transport which many oldies is their lifeline. its fine though if it suits the governments agenda though.
Old 04-02-2021, 11:28   #1646
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

wife and i had our jabs yesterday for which we were both grateful.
brynthecollie likes this.
Old 04-02-2021, 16:31   #1647

[QUOTE=cashman;1249928][QUOTE=taddy;1249927]taddy a lad who stands with us up stanley had to wait 3 @ half hours sunday afternoon so its not unsubtantiated at all.

O/k, I can accept that but it makes me think that maybe he should change his G.P. My brother in law rceceived a letter from the N,H,S, asking him to ring a certain number to book his Covid appointment; when he rang he was asked to go to South Manchester,(I.E. Cheshire), to receive his jab, he mentioned that he did not have the transport. My missus, (his sister), told him to ring his G.P. 15 or so minutes later he rang back to say that his G.P. surgery had him on their list and he would contacted whithin a few days; (probably to have his jab locally) as me and her indoors have. but then again ?
cashman likes this.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 17:58   #1648
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
we arrived at 09-45 hrs and waited in the car for another five minutes before going in to the reception area, by 10-10 hours we were back in the car and on our way home after both having "the little prick"

Seems you & your missus were quite forunate then Tads, lots of folk having to wait for quite some time from what I've seen & read in the British press.
Old 05-02-2021, 19:47   #1649
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

me and ange were in and out in 20 mins on weds afternoon for ours dave at our docs a 2 min walk.
Old 06-02-2021, 10:13   #1650
God Member

with something new like this vaccination in masses you can expect some things will not run as smooth as they could. its when things like regular hospital appointments that have been going on for years and years always seem to include the obligatory long wait to be seen even with an early appointment that biols my body fluids.
taddy likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..