Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-03-2021, 15:02   #1681
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Corona Virus

free speech aint much use if your dead or seriously ill.
Old 21-03-2021, 16:03   #1682
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post

Quite, but someone somewhere has to make a stand & highlight the issue, because if they don't you'll wake up alive one fine day, but with no right to say anything my dear Cashy ..... Catch 22?
Old 21-03-2021, 17:55   #1683
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Quite, but someone somewhere has to make a stand & highlight the issue, because if they don't you'll wake up alive one fine day, but with no right to say anything my dear Cashy ..... Catch 22?
honestly think thats a load of crap dave.
Old 22-03-2021, 08:33   #1684
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
what happened last night in Bristol is proof to me about protests 2 police seriously injured 20 injured all in it,every protest is attended by a certain number of EXTREMISTS that is FACT anyone supporting stuff like that is simple in my book,its no good saying i did not know unless yer daft.
Old 22-03-2021, 08:48   #1685
God Member

Quote:
what happened last night in Bristol is proof to me about protests 2 police seriously injured 20 injured all in it,every protest is attended by a certain number of EXTREMISTS that is FACT anyone supporting stuff like that is simple in my book,its no good saying i did not know unless yer daft.
like all protests the original issues seem to get forgotton or ignored by extremists. always wonder however if the extremists are actually there to discredit or support the protesters. i,m not sure if the case with the bristol protest was that it was pieceful but was turned into something that was not. it seems funny that recent piecefull protests have turned more violent for some reason.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2021, 08:58   #1686
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
monkey hanger you seem to be saying there is no evidence that people protesting in proximity is spreading the virus, but are not medical experts concluding that the virus is spread by people infecting others by breathing the virus on others, the pictures of the protesters I have seen are not social distancing or wearing masks so do you also think the social distancing wearing masks are a futile waste of time, I’m completely at a loss to your reasoning
the first large protest was the BLM stuff across many parts of the country. many said at the time that would cause a big virus spread across the country. that just did not happen. as for face muzzles, even correct ones and worn correctly, the jury is still out on them from medics. the only real survey i know of this was done in denmark which came out more or less 50/50 on them being affective. the wearing for me is more of a badge of compiance than anything else. the last 12 months have been total hell especially since the face muzzle came compulsory inside places.
Old 22-03-2021, 09:01   #1687
God Member

Quote:
would you have thought the same cashy if a good mate of yours hadn,t died of the virus. i honestly might have felt differently if i,d have been in your shoes but i wasn,t.
Old 22-03-2021, 09:22   #1688
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
would you have thought the same cashy if a good mate of yours hadn,t died of the virus. i honestly might have felt differently if i,d have been in your shoes but i wasn,t.
to be honest i dont think so if summats the law then i abide by it, may not like it but that makes no difference to me.
Old 22-03-2021, 10:13   #1689
God Member

Quote:
to be honest i dont think so if summats the law then i abide by it, may not like it but that makes no difference to me.
fine, but for me i just cannot just abide by anything just because its called a law. finding ways round em and trying to get others to do so is more in my DNA. not all laws are wanted by the majority and sometimes its far better to make things a suggestion, giving reasons to follow the suggestion, than just saying its the law and thats it. thats where the police for me have gone wrong the last few months. its the law and there is nothing you can do about it. stealing a sheep at one time could see you being hanged. if anyone did not rail against that it would still be the same now.
Old 22-03-2021, 12:30   #1690
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

cant understand that at all in my time i have had a strong dislike for some laws but thats what they are LAWS, i can not understand anyone siding with extremists at all.cos end of the day thats who always jumps on the bandwagon.
Old 23-03-2021, 14:54   #1691

[QUOTE=cashman;1251899]cant understand that at all in my time i have had a strong dislike for some laws but thats what they are LAWS, i can not understand anyone siding with extremists at all.cos end of the day thats who always jumps on the bandwagon.

The right of anyone to peacefully protest has long been allowed under our constitution,and is still allowed but anyone who advocates violence in any form should face the full force of the law.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2021, 15:45   #1692
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

[QUOTE=taddy;1251911]
Quote:
cant understand that at all in my time i have had a strong dislike for some laws but thats what they are LAWS, i can not understand anyone siding with extremists at all.cos end of the day thats who always jumps on the bandwagon.

The right of anyone to peacefully protest has long been allowed under our constitution,and is still allowed but anyone who advocates violence in any form should face the full force of the law.
thats the problem the law is a joke sentences are laughed at by scum they are that weak
Old 24-03-2021, 08:10   #1693
Beacon of light

Just like Cashy, I am law abiding...although I am sure that a couple of times I have transgressed in respect of traffic offences, but nothing more than that I promise.
I have a fair amount of respect for the police.
They have a difficult job and in my observations they(in the main) do the best they can.
But....and this is a huge but....I have been dismayed by some of their more recent tactics.
Doesn’t it strike you as ironic that at a peaceful for a young woman who was abducted by a serving police officer....and allegedly murdered by him, that police use aggressive tactics to subdue women doing nothing more than showing respect.
The excuse for this was that they were ‘doing their duty, upholding Covid rules’.
How very convenient that the rules for the protection of people from this virus could be invoked on this occasion.

Yet right in the midst of the pandemic we saw Major roads in the big cities brought to a halt by Extinction Rebellion demonstrators....they were not social distancing, or wearing masks either, yet the police or duty for that demo were photographed dancing like it was a carnival, rather than an incursion of the law.

More worrying still was the BLM demonstrations in The capital.
This demonstration also involved large numbers of people demonstration...these though were in ‘para military style’ uniform.
This on its own is an offence.
What did the police do when they were policing this event?
They took the knee to signify support of this cause.
My understanding of the police is that they are to uphold the laws of the land impartially.
In these two situations the police were neither upholding the law, or being impartial.

I do not support any form of violent protest, but the law currently being tabled will permit the police to have a say in who gets to protest peacefully and who does not.
That cannot be right because as we have seen from my two examples, there seems to be no one policing the actions of the police....and it seems like they are free to interpret laws on the statute books however they wish.

So while there are element of this bill that would be welcome.
Like those regarding sentencing of offenders.....the right of every person to peacefully protest should NOT be removed
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2021, 08:18   #1694
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
monkey hanger you seem to be saying there is no evidence that people protesting in proximity is spreading the virus, but are not medical experts concluding that the virus is spread by people infecting others by breathing the virus on others, the pictures of the protesters I have seen are not social distancing or wearing masks so do you also think the social distancing wearing masks are a futile waste of time, I’m completely at a loss to your reasoning
There is no evidence that there was a rise in the number of infections that was caused by these demonstrations.
The wearing of masks is not in any way protective....and if you have read earlier posts by me I have posted numerous pieces of evidence which is science based to back up my claims.
The wearing of masks is just so that compliance can be seen.
In earlier posts I was labelled as a conspiracy theorist, yet all of my posts were supported by links to scientific evidence.

I have been less active on here of late because I felt that I had said all that was relevant....so now I will go back to my retreat.
taddy and monkey hanger like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2021, 08:24   #1695
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

as far as im concerned nothing wrong with peaceful protests, but NOT during a Pandemic simple as.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..