Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2021, 18:17   #2101

Re: Corona Virus

by the wayThat is no slight on you Dave.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-08-2021, 19:20   #2102
Beacon of light

[QUOTE=taddy;1255622][QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1255611]
Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
Dave in Germany got it right..but then that will make little difference to how you seem to think my posts are.

Maybe you believe that Dave in Germany got it right because he agreed with your opinion that our present government is akin to what you implied about the Nazi party in the 1930s.
As I said in a previous post...you read into my posts what you want to see.
I did not mention in the post under discussion, the NHS....you did.
As for me saying that Dave in Germany got it right...so didn’t I say that you would disregard his interpretation of my post...and you have just done exactly that.
Taddy...cart on...believe what you want to believe.
See what you want to see in my posts. I feel that I do not need to explain myself to you...especially as you would, as you said ‘consider it to be ‘my get out of jail card’....
I know exactly what I meant...that you do not is of no relevance to me...
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 21:09   #2103
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Yes Mark, you are right.
Every point you make is valid.
I consider my posts to be moderate and I try where possible to underscore my opinions with the rationale that allowed me to reach those opinions.
I would not call someone stupid/idiot 9or any of the other names that have been bandied about) for disagreeing with me...especially so if they can put a reason for believing what they believe.

My opinions of this situation have not changed from day one, and I do not want to change anyone else's view of things unless they can read something in the nature of links I have posted which makes them decide themselves to change their mind.

And there would be no forum if there were not people who had differing opinions
i have not called you stupid or an idiot for disagreeing at all.
Old 01-08-2021, 21:16   #2104
Beacon of light

Cashy...I never said that you did..it was a generalised comment...not directed at anyone.
Old 02-08-2021, 07:09   #2105

Cashie, maybe I am a bit thick after all because I don't quite understand what you are getting on and what you meant that I was wrong about.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 07:13   #2106

Monkey Hanger, don't always trust spellcheck anyway as the corrected word is not always what you intended it to be. Sometimes it can make a sentence very funny.
Old 02-08-2021, 09:19   #2107
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
Cashie, maybe I am a bit thick after all because I don't quite understand what you are getting on and what you meant that I was wrong about.
cos quite simply you said i dont bother about other people well as i said before post 2082 which i posted says the opposite.i did explain the post to check. so either you did not look or were not bothered to look.
Old 03-08-2021, 00:58   #2108

Cashie, I am a tad insulted at your suggestion that maybe I didn’t bother to look at your posting. I am not that shallow and on the contrary I read all postings and absorb them (except those regarding football, sorry about that) as I am very interested in people’s opinions. I respect them even if I don’t always agree with them. Maybe I have misinterpreted your meaning as to you caring, or otherwise, about those who are not vaccinated, but that is the impression I have got from several of your postings. I think the words ‘cretins’ and ‘idiots’ are two words that often make an appearance. This. to me at least, (and if I have again misunderstood you then my apologies) indicates that you do not hold much respect for anyone who does not have the same opinions as you.

The reason some of the people have not been vaccinated is because they are apprehensive about the unknown. It does not mean we are idiots, or cretins, it means we worry about the possible ill-effects of a vaccine that has not been fully tested. Early on in this thread you also were very sceptical about a vaccine that had been rushed out (posting 1224). That you have got over your concern and been vaccinated is your choice, some of us are still very apprehensive.

I might add (I throw this in for no particular reason other than I like to stir the pot) that I know someone who bought AstraZeneca shares when they were £32 and he tells me they are now worth £82 and rising….. we should be so lucky.
Old 03-08-2021, 08:35   #2109

[QUOTE=DaveinGermany;1255606]Tads mate, calm down, Ma didn't equate the Govt with the Nazi Party, she merely referenced the reason the Nürnberg Code came into being back in 1947 after seeing what Josef Mengele & his cohorts did in the name of "Science & Medical research".

His "research subjects & patients" were unwilling individuals forced into undergoing some of the most extreme & barbaric experimentation, some with the intention of bettering the treatment for the German military under particular conditions but a lot was just to suit his own twisted & sadistic musings. (there's enough reports & videos out there for those who may be inquisitive enough to look)

The thrust of Ma's argument was to highlight the reason the Code & it's practices are still as relevant today as when they were first drafted back in 1947.

Dave you may be exactly right but that is not the way it read. Ah well, as post 2092 says, "If you don't like a,( her) post ignore it, so I will.
Old 03-08-2021, 09:41   #2110
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
Cashie, I am a tad insulted at your suggestion that maybe I didn’t bother to look at your posting. I am not that shallow and on the contrary I read all postings and absorb them (except those regarding football, sorry about that) as I am very interested in people’s opinions. I respect them even if I don’t always agree with them. Maybe I have misinterpreted your meaning as to you caring, or otherwise, about those who are not vaccinated, but that is the impression I have got from several of your postings. I think the words ‘cretins’ and ‘idiots’ are two words that often make an appearance. This. to me at least, (and if I have again misunderstood you then my apologies) indicates that you do not hold much respect for anyone who does not have the same opinions as you.

The reason some of the people have not been vaccinated is because they are apprehensive about the unknown. It does not mean we are idiots, or cretins, it means we worry about the possible ill-effects of a vaccine that has not been fully tested. Early on in this thread you also were very sceptical about a vaccine that had been rushed out (posting 1224). That you have got over your concern and been vaccinated is your choice, some of us are still very apprehensive.

I might add (I throw this in for no particular reason other than I like to stir the pot) that I know someone who bought AstraZeneca shares when they were £32 and he tells me they are now worth £82 and rising….. we should be so lucky.
you shouldnt be a tad insulted dotti twas not meant that way at all,

Last edited by cashman; 03-08-2021 at 09:47.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 09:51   #2111
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I was very skeptical, the post you quoted i made last year, i have done much research since then and am quite happy with that now, right or wrong it will do for me. that was done before i was offered the jab by the way.

Last edited by cashman; 03-08-2021 at 09:56.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 11:16   #2112
Beacon of light

[QUOTE=taddy;1255656]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Tads mate, calm down, Ma didn't equate the Govt with the Nazi Party, she merely referenced the reason the Nürnberg Code came into being back in 1947 after seeing what Josef Mengele & his cohorts did in the name of "Science & Medical research".

His "research subjects & patients" were unwilling individuals forced into undergoing some of the most extreme & barbaric experimentation, some with the intention of bettering the treatment for the German military under particular conditions but a lot was just to suit his own twisted & sadistic musings. (there's enough reports & videos out there for those who may be inquisitive enough to look)

The thrust of Ma's argument was to highlight the reason the Code & it's practices are still as relevant today as when they were first drafted back in 1947.

Dave you may be exactly right but that is not the way it read. Ah well, as post 2092 says, "If you don't like a,( her) post ignore it, so I will.

I think that would be best...
Your disgustometer is set too low not to be activated by posts that you seem keen to misinterpret.
You see any explanations as a 'get out of Jail card'...even though I am not in jail.
taddy likes this.
Old 08-08-2021, 09:14   #2113
God Member

went up to hartlepool for the match yesterday. stopped at stockton on the way up. for those who were not keen on boris changing the regulations i suggest they may be happy to move up there. distancing and asking people to muzzle up are all over both their shopping centres. they are still really serious and worried up there i can tell you.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 17:16   #2114

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1255952]went up to hartlepool for the match yesterday. stopped at stockton on the way up. for those who were not keen on boris changing the regulations i suggest they may be happy to move up there. distancing and asking people to muzzle up are all over both their shopping centres. they are still really serious and worried up there i can tell you.

Ah well the majority of us northern folk have always had more gumption than anyone south of the Watford gap.
cashman likes this.
Old 09-08-2021, 10:30   #2115
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
[

Ah well the majority of us northern folk have always had more gumption than anyone south of the Watford gap.
normally think and say the same but it depends on your own view on the virus i suppose. saturday was an odd weird feeling day after the last few weeks around where i am.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..