Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2021, 13:20   #2191
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Corona Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
the fact there has been no hospitalizations to me means planB is daft.

Don't really think any of these plans, then, now or in the future are truly a plan by any description, more an arse covering/umbrella popping exercise to cover their ineptitudes.
Old 11-12-2021, 13:26   #2192
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

not really sure about ineptitudes dave? no-one knows the score properly with this covid.
Old 11-12-2021, 13:42   #2193
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
not really sure about ineptitudes dave? no-one knows the score properly with this covid.
And that my friend is exactly the point! Instead of being honest with folk & saying

"look, we really have no idea how this will pan out, so please bear with us while we set out what we see as sensible measures."

Nope, far from it, it's full on Apocalypse, demise of mankind, death, destruction & despair, the pits of hell opening up along with all the wailing & gnashing of teeth that accompany it with pitchforks & flames!

Yet, upto now these dire predictions have come nowhere near the "Projections" of the so called "experts", I could probably get an equally valid opinion from Wee Drunk Jimmy down the local after his 5th pint & 6th chaser that would be just as accurate.

Skeptical? You can bet I am Bud.
Old 11-12-2021, 14:07   #2194
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

And as if to highlight my point, this just lifted from the "Daily excess"

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/15...pical-Medicine

Main points to note :-

"OMICRON could cause"

"an expert has claimed"

"new epidemiology models that used experimental data to look at how Omicron may"

"Omicron could potentially"

Now if they'd said "Will cause", named said "expert" (says who?If it was an expert I'm sure he/she would take responsibility for their comment), the "experimental data" (so not proven) & "how Omicron may" & finally "could potentialy".

So yeah, lots of surmise & hedging going on there, until someone has the testicular fortitude to stand up & actually say as much, it's all just supposition & guesses, which to my mind means these people really have no clue & to cover their "Ineptitude" (there's that word again), they're bluffing & bulling.
Old 11-12-2021, 15:13   #2195
Beacon of light

Professor Neil Ferguson (he of the Oxford modelling who has got not a single thing right so far) prognosticate that 75,000 people could be hospitalised every day.
This is an expert….someone who knows what he is talking about.
At the height of the pandemic there was nowhere near that level of hospitalisation.

Those currently in hospital who were fully jabbed are in there with the Delta variant.
There have been NO hospitalisations in the people with the Omicron variant.

An interesting note is that the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine is Bank rolled by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to the tune of 40 million dollars.
They have to expect something for their investment…philanthropy is the mask that this hides behind.

As to the jabs…no one really knows what the long term effects could be….and if they did…why would they tell you.
Any future illness created by the jabs means even more money for the Pharma industry…..and the knowledge that, even if you can pin the blame on the jab, they have guaranteed immunity from litigation.
dotti34 and monkey hanger like this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 11-12-2021 at 15:17.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 15:23   #2196
Beacon of light

Another bit of interesting information is that Bill Gates picks up the tab for 40% of the costs of funding WHO…..he has his fingers in lots of these pies……but gets his money back in hidden covert ways….not exactly hidden, but no proclaimed either.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 11-12-2021, 15:32   #2197
Beacon of light

Professor Never right Ferguson has now downgraded his estimates of daily hospitalisations to 10,000 per day…….so even he does not believe his figures.
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 11-12-2021, 17:50   #2198
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
And that my friend is exactly the point! Instead of being honest with folk & saying

"look, we really have no idea how this will pan out, so please bear with us while we set out what we see as sensible measures."

that could be cos it nearly killed him? no-one knows only him.
Old 11-12-2021, 21:51   #2199

Both Johnson and Starmer have tested positive on more than one occasion. Clearly they're exempt from the rules. Nobody's got a clue about what is going to happen.

I would rather shut the country down now, and have a quiet xmas. Otherwise we will end up nxt next year again. Having lockdowns last mins again.

Lessons should be learned they all said, seems like de ja vu. Everything will close days before and screwup loads, causing more long term pressures, problems and pain.
odders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 22:51   #2200
Beacon of light

Odders, you can have a quiet .Christmas if that is what you want.
The omicron variant is causing only mild illness (this is from countries where it has been prevalent a bit longer) and no deaths from this variant worldwide….well, that is unless some nefarious political advisers want to ascribe a death to it(and I would not put it past them).
Ok so the jabs do not offer protection, but then if we get this variant….a mild illness and we have our own home made antibodies….that is a sock in the eye for Pfizer and Moderna.

We need to be learning to live with this…get on with our lives…..not hide behind the sofa.
Old 12-12-2021, 09:14   #2201
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

odders yeh got to have sense to learn lessons,
Old 12-12-2021, 11:11   #2202
God Member

Quote:
that could be cos it nearly killed him? no-one knows only him.
imagine most of us have had a near to death experiance due to an illness or accident. that should never be used to cloud your judgement in anything. if it does then you should be looking for another job. making millions suffer for your fears just aint on.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 11:17   #2203
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Professor Neil Ferguson (he of the Oxford modelling who has got not a single thing right so far) prognosticate that 75,000 people could be hospitalised every day.
This is an expert….someone who knows what he is talking about.
At the height of the pandemic there was nowhere near that level of hospitalisation.

Those currently in hospital who were fully jabbed are in there with the Delta variant.
There have been NO hospitalisations in the people with the Omicron variant.

An interesting note is that the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine is Bank rolled by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to the tune of 40 million dollars.
They have to expect something for their investment…philanthropy is the mask that this hides behind.

As to the jabs…no one really knows what the long term effects could be….and if they did…why would they tell you.
Any future illness created by the jabs means even more money for the Pharma industry…..and the knowledge that, even if you can pin the blame on the jab, they have guaranteed immunity from litigation.
all that is down to the fact of lack of didcussion from day 1 about the subject when you only hear one side of it. anyone that does not agree will get no air time or branded as a lunatic. those still working in the medical world will be very wary to state any facts as its against the governments agenda and they have promotion and their jobs to worry about. when you only are allowed to hear one side of anything it puts me in being wary mode.
Old 12-12-2021, 11:23   #2204
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1261028]Odders, you can have a quiet .Christmas if that is what you want.
The omicron variant is causing only mild illness (this is from countries where it has been prevalent a bit longer) and no deaths from this variant worldwide….well, that is unless some nefarious political advisers want to ascribe a death to it(and I would not put it past them).

they just cannot wait for someone getting a serious illness with the mandela variant and actually a death caused as well just to make a point. hope there is never a case of black disease caused by C novy that the four legged wooly variety of sheep get and humans catch it.
Old 12-12-2021, 14:23   #2205
Beacon of light

Already they are telling us that there are some people in hospital with omicron…..BUT it does not state that that was the reason they were admitted.
It maybe that they were admitted for some other reason and on testing the omicron variant showed up.

I am very sceptical of what we are being told….and how the information is presented.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..