Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-12-2021, 11:38   #2236
Beacon of light

Re: Corona Virus

Cashy he talks and writes sense.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-12-2021, 13:29   #2237
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Cashy he talks and writes sense.
agree thats why i never miss him.
Old 14-12-2021, 14:47   #2238
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
GBnews give both sides of the picture thats why i watch it, you can make yer own mind up with that.

I do like Dews & Co. she really does give it stick.
Old 14-12-2021, 14:54   #2239
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

have to say we watch it about 5/6 hours a day dave.always watch from 9-00 at night wootan is on 4 and baron on 3 and different times during the day.
Old 14-12-2021, 16:22   #2240
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
have to say we watch it about 5/6 hours a day dave.always watch from 9-00 at night wootan is on 4 and baron on 3 and different times during the day.

Alright for you old codgers who've got nothing to do all day ...... some of us are out grafting!

Normally get a couple of hours in the evening, that's when I'm at home mind & not parked up in some Firms wagon park overnight.
Old 15-12-2021, 08:29   #2241
God Member

Quote:
rarely watch live but never miss the youtube clips they put out.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2021, 08:32   #2242
God Member

Quote:
Have just listened to a lady doctor from South Africa who discovered this new one and she is also chairperson of the Health Authority in south africa she stated this new variant is mild compared to the Delta one, she should know she discovered it. so this is no EMERGENCY as far as im concerned.
but this morning one of their pet scientists has told us to be afraid as the south african population is quite different from ours being on average much younger. only a few weeks before they were saying it would be younger people who would be affected by the mandela flu. wish they,d get their lies and propagabda right as some of us still have a memory of sorts.
Old 15-12-2021, 10:29   #2243
Beacon of light

It is akin to Dominic Raab inflating the omicron figures that are hospitalised from ten to two hundred and fifty.
Liars all of them….and when you are a liar you need to have a good memory…and none of this lot has.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 16-12-2021, 03:10   #2244

Confusion continues to reign over here, and from what I am reading on Accyweb this is the same over there. Here are some questions I wanted to know the answer to, and here is what I found depending where I looked or who I listened to:

1. Q Is Omicron more severe than the others?
A No it’s not, yes it is, maybe, we don’t know, still testing..
2. Q Is Omicron more contagious?
A No it’s not, yes it is, maybe, we don’t know, still testing.
3. Q Is being double-jabbed a guarantee you are
protected against any strain of the virus?
4. Q Is a third jab going to be enough to fully protect?
5. Q Will a fourth jab be all we need?

…I give up.

Last edited by dotti34; 16-12-2021 at 03:15.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2021, 07:19   #2245
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
…I give up.

Think that sentiment applies to quite a few folk Dotti.
Old 16-12-2021, 07:56   #2246
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

looking at it my way dotti omicron is more contageous ? though it seems not as severe,
Old 16-12-2021, 08:15   #2247
God Member

Quote:
looking at it my way dotti omicron is more contageous ? though it seems not as severe,
that was always the original take on this but it does not fit their agenda of fear is the key from the propaganda machines.
Old 16-12-2021, 12:35   #2248
Beacon of light

If it is more contagious….which they tell us it is…and if it is milder….they tell us it isn’t….then why are the deaths flat?
And the hospital admissions are not what they were a year ago(although the ONS total deaths for the last two years are only marginally elevated….not something you would expect in a pandemic).

And for the first time in recording history, last year not one single death from influenza was recorded.
Why do you suppose this was then?

Omicron might be a good thing…it may confer natural immunity….but the government won’t tell you this…they don’t even want you to think it….they want to continue to have the power to control your lives.
They want you to roll up your sleeves and get another jab that will not stop you getting it or transmitting it.
They want you to have a passport to let you do the pleasurable things and ban you from these if you choose to decline their untried, still in the third stage of trials jab.

They divide the populace, foster ill feelings from those who have been jabbed against those who have not…yet it is just as possible for a jabbed person to give another jabbed person the virus as it is for an unjabbed person to do that.
I despair of the fact that the people cannot see this.
It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they are being fooled….Mark Twain, I think.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 16-12-2021 at 12:37.
Old 16-12-2021, 17:20   #2249
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

it tells you that on the media news channels on the new one you get both sides of the subject but fools only watch the old news channels and get NO SYMPATHY from me.
Old 16-12-2021, 20:10   #2250
Beacon of light

Cashy, I do not watch the news anymore.It is far too gloomy.
Did you notice that Whitty... scaremonger in chief, has said that we should be prepared for another 18months of Covid chaos.He reckons that it will take that long to come up with a jab that will cover all variants...so in that time how many other jabs will there be to chase the mirage of freedom that was promised with a single jab?

In 2008 Professor C Whitty accepted £40 million from Bill Gates to promote the use of vaccines...so he has a vested interest in keeping this sh!t show on the road.
Just saying...
DaveinGermany and taddy like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..