Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-12-2021, 12:36   #2311
Beacon of light

Re: Corona Virus

Yes, they are…and not only that they are contextualised….which means they are more transparent and easier to interpret.
This has never been about the virus…or the health of the population…..we never saw announcements of stats for the winter flu epidemics….and there were as many deaths in these((in some cases more deaths).
This has been about control and nudge politics with a heap of social engineering thrown into the mix fir good measure.
monkey hanger likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-12-2021, 16:08   #2312
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Yes, they are…and not only that they are contextualised….which means they are more transparent and easier to interpret.
This has never been about the virus…or the health of the population…..we never saw announcements of stats for the winter flu epidemics….and there were as many deaths in these((in some cases more deaths).
This has been about control and nudge politics with a heap of social engineering thrown into the mix fir good measure.
you may be assuming those who run us are that clever. i aint.
Old 27-12-2021, 17:04   #2313
Beacon of light

They think we are idiots Cashy
Old 28-12-2021, 10:31   #2314
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
They think we are idiots Cashy
thats the reason they are margaret,
Old 28-12-2021, 11:54   #2315
Beacon of light

Yes Cashy…the difference is they hold the trump cards…meaning they can do what the hell they like.
On reflection, I think the government are more rogues than fools…they know very well that they have us by the short and curlies….and can impose their will, at will.

It is being rumoured the Chris Whitty is going to be knighted in the NY honours list.

I read a comment in the popular press praising him, saying that he is just the ‘messenger’.

This person clearly does not understand that he has been one of the driving forces in the governments SAGE group……it is not enough that he has become a very rich man on the back of this catastrophic handling of a situation…or that he has a vested interest in the jabbing of the population(even though it does not prevent you from getting this infection).
So in my estimation these honours should go to people who were on the front line.
But then it was ever thus.
monkey hanger likes this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 28-12-2021 at 11:58.
Old 29-12-2021, 09:13   #2316
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
very interesting stats they are imho.
the interesting one is about those who swerve the jab. does not seem popular in the asian community which includes many doctors and nurses. it does make you wonder then their reasons for non conpliance or is it advice from people in their community that know more than them.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2021, 10:42   #2317
Beacon of light

There are doctors who have expressed concerns about the jab…
Their concerns have been sidelined and the MSM have been complicit in reporting only the party line.
See my post 2291….this is from a respected journal and it outlines the concerns of the Doctor who developed the mRNA process.
Now if he is having issues about the use of this, then should that worry you.
I thought this was a very interesting article…..with links to Pubmed and the BMJ….not exactly Facebook or other social media are they?
I also get twitched that much of the information regarding the safety of this jab and the ineffectual use of masks has been removed from our view.
I saved the videos, but I now get only a black screen with the message that the video is no longer available in my region.
Removing information done by other scientists is a distortion of information.
How can you make an informed choice if half of the information is hidden from the public domain.
cashman, taddy and monkey hanger like this.
Old 29-12-2021, 11:26   #2318
God Member

Quote:
Their concerns have been sidelined and the MSM have been complicit in reporting only the party line.
See my post 2291….this is from a respected journal and it outlines the concerns of the Doctor who developed the mRNA process.
I thought this was a very interesting article…..with links to Pubmed and the BMJ….not exactly Facebook or other social media are they?
I also get twitched that much of the information regarding the safety of this jab and the ineffectual use of masks has been removed from our view.
I saved the videos, but I now get only a black screen with the message that the video is no longer available in my region.
How can you make an informed choice if half of the information is hidden from the public domain.
so it really boils down to a 2021 version of 1930,s book burning in germany. one line and one line only. if the medical proffesion was overstaffed they would probebly get warned of their future conduct.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2021, 13:55   #2319
Beacon of light

Well, that is coming in April.
Any staff not jabbed will lose their jobs.
The ones who will go will be the front line staff…those who make the most difference to the daily care delivery.

If I were still working and was given this ultimatum….I would walk.
The question then is how do you replace the experienced people…?
Yes…you might be able to bring in people from overseas, but they will not know what the consultants likes and dislikes are….they will not understand the idioms, the local language.
Yes, eventually they will learn these things, but that takes time

It is very short sighted to lose staff for being reluctant to have a jab(or multiples) that does not stop transmission or stop you getting it.
(Many of these staff will have built up their own robust antibodies during the earlier days of the pandemic)

And for those who tell me that this will result in milder illness…it still means that for at least seven days these staff will be missing from duty….and this may happen more than once to each person
Old 29-12-2021, 14:24   #2320
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
The question then is how do you replace the experienced people…?
Work experience and volunteers, maybe they won't be able to care for or heal patients as well as the professionals but, they do work a damned sight cheaper.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2021, 14:49   #2321
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Work experience and volunteers

Do such mythical beings still exist in UK?
Old 29-12-2021, 14:59   #2322
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Do such mythical beings still exist in UK?
Oh aye, why pay a worker with 20 years experience the going rate when he can be replaced by a youf on work experience at a fraction of the cost?

Plus, using accy town centre as an example the booming and freeloading charity shops (which operate rates free) wouldn't dream of paying for a shop assistant when they can get an 80 year old grandma with a blue rinse to do it for nowt by volunteering to help them make their millions, (don't forget, registered charities only have use 5% of their monies for their 'good causes' the rest can be claimed in administration fees).

So why not run the NHS in a similar fashion?
DaveinGermany likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2021, 15:45   #2323
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
(don't forget, registered charities only have use 5% of their monies for their 'good causes' the rest can be claimed in administration fees).

Wasn't aware of that little nugget, I knew they were given some leeway, but that is extreme to say the least.
Old 29-12-2021, 16:10   #2324
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
certain scientists only want their point of view aired is what that is. COMPLETE ******* they are imho.
Old 29-12-2021, 16:36   #2325
Beacon of light

Quote:
Work experience and volunteers, maybe they won't be able to care for or heal patients as well as the professionals but, they do work a damned sight cheaper.
Yes, you are right Less, but I reckon that there will be few who want to wipe up sick….or clean bottoms….or change bloodied and soiled beds.
They might be alright dealing with flowers, making tea….handing out biscuits…..but the stuff that is needed, they will not be able to do it or maybe they won’t want to do it.
It is definitely a bit more challenging than putting jumpers on hangers pricing books and taking money.

At the very start of this situation I was going to offer to work on the wards…..looking after patients….taking them for a bath, helping with making beds….in fact anything that made a difference.
But my daughter falls into the category of the vulnerable….having had chemo, her immune system is not the best…..so I was dissuaded.
A nurse is always a nurse.
And I would have done it for free….and my payment would have been the satisfaction of helping.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..