Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-12-2021, 18:12   #2326
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Corona Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Y
It is definitely a bit more challenging than putting jumpers on hangers pricing books and taking money.
Indeed it is.

One odd thing though, when I was claiming the dole once, the advisor told me that if I wanted to volunteer to help a charity this wouldn't be held against me and I could still claim full benefits, he seemed a little put out when I said no chance, so far as I'm concerned voluntary work is done on top of a full time job not instead of and until I was working charities could and probably would survive without me.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-12-2021, 10:26   #2327
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1261873]Well, that is coming in April.
Any staff not jabbed will lose their jobs.
The ones who will go will be the front line staff…those who make the most difference to the daily care delivery.

or a good possibility that some may use this as an excuse to get out of the job after 2 years of hell. pity they cannot cull the non ward staff and the middle management at the same time.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2021, 10:30   #2328
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Indeed it is.

One odd thing though, when I was claiming the dole once, the advisor told me that if I wanted to volunteer to help a charity this wouldn't be held against me and I could still claim full benefits, he seemed a little put out when I said no chance, so far as I'm concerned voluntary work is done on top of a full time job not instead of and until I was working charities could and probably would survive without me.
bet that your only experiance on the dole was similar to mine. be on your case a lot more than the scruffy unwashed brigade with a couple of kids and a partner of a similar breed stood outside waiting for em. these used to be in seconds whilst i in my late 50,s got the fortnightly 3rd degree.
Less likes this.
Old 30-12-2021, 12:14   #2329
Beacon of light

There are quite a few who have already taken that option of getting out of the NHS.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2021, 23:30   #2330

Where's Brother Rishi disappeared to?

They've keeping everything open, for the sake of the economy. Only they've had 12 months to try and get a gripp. As per infighting, we suffer. Come January we will see the strain of their incompetence.

Too much has been so messed up, throwing money at crap they know nowt about. Panicking everyone on media hype.

I have lung cancer, 5 positive 5 negative tests, and a shed loads of months in hospitals.

How hard is it to just wear a mask, and use sanitiser? Your protection ain't just for you.
AccyMad and taddy like this.
odders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2021, 23:36   #2331

^ I'm in the belief, the jabs aren't as effective as we aee being told. Come January.... when it all goes 2020 again. Well I hope you had a good time.
Old 31-12-2021, 09:43   #2332
God Member

[QUOTE=odders;1261955]^ I'm in the belief, the jabs aren't as effective as we aee being told.

they will be eventually after more research and the 10th booster. did anyone really think they would be the magic bullet to end the virus anyway.
Old 31-12-2021, 09:47   #2333
God Member

Quote:
There are quite a few who have already taken that option of getting out of the NHS.
and honestly who can really blame them. even pre virus with the number of assaults they got that would have been enough to finish some.
Old 31-12-2021, 12:02   #2334
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
they will be eventually after more research and the 10th booster. did anyone really think they would be the magic bullet to end the virus anyway.

This is not going away, it will stay with us for a long time yet, every few months a new variant to keep the cowed suppressed & the govt the chance to turn the screw.

The sooner this is accepted the sooner folk can get on with their lives, it needs treating like flu. No mass lockdowns & restrictions, no shutting our shops & firms or sending folk home just go about life as normal, those susceptible need a jab (but the choice should be theirs) the rest of us should be allowed to carry on as normal.
Old 31-12-2021, 17:49   #2335
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
This is not going away, it will stay with us for a long time yet, every few months a new variant to keep the cowed suppressed & the govt the chance to turn the screw.

The sooner this is accepted the sooner folk can get on with their lives, it needs treating like flu. No mass lockdowns & restrictions, no shutting our shops & firms or sending folk home just go about life as normal, those susceptible need a jab (but the choice should be theirs) the rest of us should be allowed to carry on as normal.
I will drink to that.
As to Masks…they are useless Odders, but if you feel that you want to wear one…if it makes you feel more secure, then go for it.

I have not worn a mask, nor do I intend to wear one.(I am exempt for medical reasons)
It is not being selfish, it is following the science……which has by and large been removed from your view.

I can see jabs going on forever…..and they do not seem to be doing the job of a vaccine……but I have been saying this from the outset.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 31-12-2021, 17:53   #2336
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i think they will find summat that does the job, it was all rush at the start of this cos they had no cure at all imho. all the moaners were saying they found it too quickly.
Old 31-12-2021, 19:15   #2337
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Like I mentioned earlier, along comes the next 'un ....

https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/1543223

Admittedly it is at the moment only in Israel & they have an extremely high level of jabbed citizenry, but you can bet it won't be long before it hits europe & the UK.

Yeah, Happy New Year folks!
taddy and monkey hanger like this.
Old 31-12-2021, 19:39   #2338
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i think they will find summat that does the job, it was all rush at the start of this cos they had no cure at all imho. all the moaners were saying they found it too quickly.

They may not need to(except that this will severely limit the ability to control the population), it looks like anyone who gets the Omicron will be immune to the more severe Delta variant...or that is what scientists are saying right now.

It is time we stopped putting life on hold....this is not a dress rehearsal...and you only get one shot at life.
I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 31-12-2021, 20:04   #2339
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1261962]
Quote:
Originally Posted by odders View Post
^ I'm in the belief, the jabs aren't as effective as we aee being told.

possibly the fools? it may well come in time who knows?
Old 31-12-2021, 21:28   #2340

Quote:
I will drink to that.
As to Masks…they are useless Odders, but if you feel that you want to wear one…if it makes you feel more secure, then go for it..

What I should have said, upon going in a shop I put a mask on. it's still the law. In general when I do get out. I never wear one.

When they realise that this has happened throughout our time. The panic wasn't needed to the extent of shutting down the globe for 2 years.

Last edited by odders; 31-12-2021 at 21:35.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..