Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2022, 16:42   #2371
Beacon of light

Re: Corona Virus

Good question Taddy. If you test positive you are not supposed to venture out anywhere.
I guess it depends on how he is feeling.
If he is well, then there is nothing to stop him doing just as he pleases…..and it is hard when you are on your own to self isolate, but deal with every day needs.
If he feels ill, then it is likely that he won’t want to go out and about….but again, how hard it is to cope if you are ill and on your own.

David had the virus and was very unwell (I got it too, but was far less affected by it).
He said that if I had not been there to look after him, he would have been in a pickle.
He could not even get up to use the toilet.
So I feel very sorry for those who get the jab, but still get the virus and are ill with it.
taddy likes this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 10-01-2022 at 16:44.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-01-2022, 08:33   #2372

It has been rather warm here today, around 40 degrees, and so, after hundreds of people had queued for hours to get tested, some testing stations closed down because of the heat, and those queuing were directed to try elsewhere or come back tomorrow. Well tomorrow is going to be similar re the weather, so what happens then.
Continually being told to self-test is a joke. Try getting a test kit. A friend’s son went all over Adelaide CBD until he eventually managed to procure one for her. Not everyone has someone who can do this for them.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 09:01   #2373

We have staff shortages in many fields because of people isolating either with the virus or because of being in close contact, so people are being told/asked to return to work even if they have been in close contact with a COVID sufferer, if they themselves have no symptoms and test negative. No need to isolate. It’s strange how rules can be changed to accommodate, Only a short time ago the isolation rules were very strict with heavy fines if not adhered to, and the definition of close contact was very different.

As for the continuing saga of that tennis player, well now it appears the wrong box had been ticked on his application regarding if he had visited another country on his way here. The tick indicates ‘no’ but it seems that he dropped in to Spain…..but wouldn’t you just know it – he didn’t fill in the form himself, Tennis Australia apparently were the ones who did the ticking. If this is right then they need a good old ticking off….meanwhile it looks like some people are clutching at straws to save face.

Okay, so now I’ll shut up about Australia – you have enough worries of your own.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 09:10   #2374
God Member

[QUOTE=taddy;1262430]We were out and about today and met a couple of folk we know….both triple jabbed and both have been really poorly with the virus(not hospitalised, but in bed unable to get up….one of them for two weeks….the other for ten days) both of these people have said that had they known they could still get so sick after being jabbed they would not have bothered

possibly they watched the bbc and believed all the bullshine about vaccinations from day 1. think some thought they were totally immune after their second and now think they are after the 3rd. or booster as they like to call it. after having the 6th by next year they might think they have been sold a pup. i have a relative like that who is always easily conned on anything who will be queuing up for her 4th already. years ago she had the nickname of miss betamax. enough said.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 09:21   #2375
Beacon of light

It is hard not to get sucked in when everywhere you look there are these messages that tell you that if you are not boosted ….you aren’t safe.
Well, here is the news…boosted….not boosted….jabbed or not jabbed you can still catch this virus…..so what is the jab all about……well, it makes the symptoms milder.
Does it? Does it really??

Not according to the two folk we spoke to yesterday. Both said they were too ill to get out of bed.
But what it most certainly does is give those who have swallowed this blather, the sense that they cannot get it…..even though they were told that they might still catch the virus, at the time they were jabbed.
Old 11-01-2022, 09:45   #2376
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i think it cuts down the severity of it definately, i know that for sure in my eyes.the couple you know were never in hospital nor given oxygen.
Less likes this.
Old 11-01-2022, 09:57   #2377
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Does it? Does it really??

Not according to the two folk we spoke to yesterday. Both said they were too ill to get out of bed.
But what it most certainly does is give those who have swallowed this blather, the sense that they cannot get it…..even though they were told that they might still catch the virus, at the time they were jabbed.
How do you, I or anybody know (including themselves) that had they not had their jabs they might now be lying in their wooden overcoats?

It may have been a reaction to the jab or maybe it was a reaction to covid and the jabs helped keep them alive, we just don't know, one thing for certain in my case so far so good and if they ask me to take another jab that could perhaps, maybe, keep me on this mortal coil a little longer I'm up for it.

But you won't see me posting prolifically on the hearsay of any miracle survival or illness/death of just a couple of folk that haven't had the jab.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 10:39   #2378
Beacon of light

Well, Less…that is what the people told me…and yes it is impossible to know just how they would have felt had they not had these jabs….and you concern yourself with the ‘hearsay evidence’ of a couple of folk who had not had the jab…firstly, both of these people were jabbed AND boosted…..so are you saying that they are unreliable in how they perceived the illness?
Or are you saying that I am misrepresenting it?

As for the possibility of further jabs for yourself…..that is your choice….if you want to do that then go ahead….not everyone will make that choice
That you have had no problems is to be celebrated…but your experience is not mirrored by everyone who has had the jab.
There are some people who, having had the jabs….and then got the virus, who may revise their choices.
Old 11-01-2022, 10:46   #2379
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i think it cuts down the severity of it definately, i know that for sure in my eyes.the couple you know were never in hospital nor given oxygen.
My other half had the virus at the beginning of October….he was in bed for three and a half weeks. It took him another month to feel fully recovered

I also had it but had not the same experience…..I was able to get up, go about my daily doings and look after the old feller.
We are both of an age that is considered vulnerable.

The jab may reduce the severity for some people…..but others will still get pretty sick(though not need hospital, oxygen or a wooden box).
Old 11-01-2022, 10:53   #2380

Quote:
Well, Less…that is what the people told me…and yes it is impossible to know just how they would have felt had they not had these jabs….and you concern yourself with the ‘hearsay evidence’ of a couple of folk who had not had the jab…firstly, both of these people were jabbed AND boosted…..so are you saying that they are unreliable in how they perceived the illness?
Or are you saying that I am misrepresenting it?
I concern myself with hearsay evidence about this so called pandemic no matter what source it comes from.
Yes they are unreliable, we are all unreliable, we just don't know what they had it could have been the statistically ignored flu that they got for all we know.
I'm not saying you are misrepresenting what you perceive to be true however just because you believe it, doesn't make it any truer than everyone else's perhaps and maybe about this whole rotten situation.
Perhaps you need a few more than two for a reliable survey?
Or maybe two is enough?
Old 11-01-2022, 11:13   #2381
Beacon of light

Less…I was not doing a survey…these were two people we know and met in town….after not seeing them for a few weeks. They tested positive on LFT….and also on PCR…..so they will be counted as Covid….whatever it was. As far as both of these people are concerned they have had Covid….evidenced by positive tests. So what is unreliable about this..?
Their perception? Or the tests?

Yes…many of these illnesses that are represented as this deadly infection are very likely to be the winter flu.
Yet according to those who wish to control us….they have to be Covid….(especially if they have tested positive using the tests that are available and promoted to detect this virus) whether they are or not is debatable.

If I take my personal experience of seeing my other half…..I would have said it WAS flu…..having seen this illness many times in my career.
And yes, The winter flu is capable of killing people….yet did we lockdown or impose restrictions during all those winters when the NHS was put under pressure?
No…we did not.
Did we use divisive language and disparaging terms about those who choose not to be jabbed…..No we did not.
taddy likes this.
Old 11-01-2022, 11:14   #2382
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;
There are some people who, having had the jabs….and then got the virus, who may revise their choices.[/QUOTE]

especially when a lot thought they were totally immune after their vaccinations and thought catching it or passing it on were akin to having bad side affects by having it. A bit like reading instructions of possible side affects you may get with over the counter medicines. Just something there to cover the manufacturer but ignored by the majority.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 11:19   #2383

Quote:
Less…I was not doing a survey…these were two people we know and met in town….after not seeing them for a few weeks. They tested positive on LFT….and also on PCR…..so they will be counted as Covid….whatever it was. As far as both of these people are concerned they have had Covid….evidenced by positive tests. So what is unreliable about this..?
Their perception? Or the tests?

Yes…many of these illnesses that are represented as this deadly infection are very likely to be the winter flu.
Yet according to those who wish to control us….they have to be Covid….(especially if they have tested positive using the tests that are available and promoted to detect this virus) whether they are or not is debatable.

If I take my personal experience of seeing my other half…..I would have said it WAS flu…..having seen this illness many times in my career.
And yes, The winter flu is capable of killing people….yet did we lockdown or impose restrictions during all those winters when the NHS was put under pressure?
No…we did not.
Did we use divisive language and disparaging terms about those who choose not to be jabbed…..No we did not.
Definitely the tests.
I haven't and will not use divisive language and disparaging terms against those that choose (long may there be a choice) not to have a jab, I just don't feel two peoples so called reaction to the jab to be valid evidence either for or agin' and needs no prolonged thought to be dumped on the bullshine pile.
Old 11-01-2022, 11:24   #2384
Beacon of light

It was not a reaction to the jab per se.
They had both had the jabs and the booster….so felt that they were protected….that they would be less likely to get the virus.
Or if they did get the virus, it would be mild.
Neither of them considered their illness to be mild….in fact the male of the pair said he thought he was going to die.
Both of them were much younger than the two of us…the lady by two decades, the man by a decade and a bit.
Old 11-01-2022, 11:27   #2385

Quote:
It was not a reaction to the jab per se.
They had both had the jabs and the booster….so felt that they were protected….that they would be less likely to get the virus.
Or if they did get the virus, it would be mild.
Neither of them considered their illness to be mild….in fact the male of the pair said he thought he was going to die.
Both of them were much younger than the two of us…the lady by two decades, the man by a decade and a bit.
It means nothing, nobody knows how each individual will react, their severe could be mild in someone else, his near death experience might mean, had he not had the jab, he wouldn't be here to tell the tale, WE just don't know.
taddy likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..