Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2020, 13:49   #226
Beacon of light

Re: Corona Virus

This manufactured climate of fear is a way of exerting control(the currency of control is fear) and the worry is that it not just in this country that personal freedoms have been removed...it is in the majority of the countires in the world...OK some countries to a lesser degree.
So what IS going on?
What are the elite of the world(the likes of the Bilderburgers) trying to achieve?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-04-2020, 13:54   #227
Beacon of light

I'm not entirely sure that is true Cashy...though I do not trust the media(they feed us what they want us to know...and that is not necessarily the truth.Truth is very subjective) You can lie just as easily with statistics...and people can be bamboozled with numbers because you can make them say whatever you want them to say by distorting the criteria of their collection.

Wasn't it Churchill who said 'There are lies, Damn lies.amd statistics'?
Gremlin likes this.
Old 02-04-2020, 20:21   #228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
This manufactured climate of fear is a way of exerting control(the currency of control is fear) and the worry is that it not just in this country that personal freedoms have been removed...it is in the majority of the countires in the world...OK some countries to a lesser degree.
So what IS going on?
What are the elite of the world(the likes of the Bilderburgers) trying to achieve?
It made me wonder too, glad I'm not the only one thinking that.

Have you considered this?

skuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 20:41   #229
Beacon of light

No..not just you.
When things like this happen where all news is wiped from the face of the planet, by something that COULD have been created(though I am NOT saying it was), I get to wondering what is going on behind the scenes.

Certainly this is one way to ensure that those in Extinction Rebellion get to see a world where there is no industry, no travel...I wonder if Greta Thunberg is happy with how things are turning out.

for sure the population is going to be pruned, but economies are being destroyed...and once this is all over will there be the mass unemployment that creates a bigger underclass...with real poverty at its core?

Thank you for that Skuta...a very interesting video there.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 02-04-2020 at 20:48.
Old 02-04-2020, 20:51   #230

When I had my stroke and recovering in hospital. A lady in a different bay died from what turned out to be a heart attack. I observed that during all the commotion "Patient Confidentiality" is a total myth, along with personal privacy too (whole different story). Here's how:

When I asked an RGN about the incident she said she couldn't tell me because of so called patient confidentiality. All I was really doing was clarifying a few points she had just yelled across the ward to her colleague. So much for her concept of confidentiality.
Old 02-04-2020, 21:23   #231
Beacon of light

I worked in the NHS for almost 30 years.
In open wards it is really very difficult to maintain confidentiality....especially so now with bedside handovers.
Curtains never made for keeping things confidential and in my day there were some consultants who could whisper over three fields.....Sheffield, Chesterfield and Huddersfield.
Old 03-04-2020, 07:06   #232
Beacon of light

We have to be a bit careful about what we say....it seems that these days there is a thing called 'group think' and if you deviate from this ten you are called out as being thick...or stupid....or crazy....but you know what?...crazy people tell everyone they are sane....while sane people think they might be crazy.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 03-04-2020, 08:57   #233
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;
All those folk who have volunteered to help out by acting as transport, or collecting medicines or doing any other of the vital stuff get my vote...

thats fine if they are not penalised for doing it. a guy a few doors from me who is a hgv driver of all types plus a pcv driver volunteered his services as he was not working due to the virus. he was told that he would lose his wage he was already getting if he did. he said he didn,t want paying but still his services was not required unless he risked losing his present wage.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 09:06   #234
Beacon of light

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1238803][QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;
All those folk who have volunteered to help out by acting as transport, or collecting medicines or doing any other of the vital stuff get my vote...

thats fine if they are not penalised for doing it. a guy a few doors from me who is a hgv driver of all types plus a pcv driver volunteered his services as he was not working due to the virus. he was told that he would lose his wage he was already getting if he did. he said he didn,t want paying but still his services was not required unless he risked losing his present wage.[/QUOTE]

That is absolutely appalling.
He should be contacting his MP regarding this.
At times like this his skills should be used...they are valuable, in demand and would benefit both him and the people he can help.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Old 03-04-2020, 09:08   #235
God Member

[QUOTE=Exile on Spencer St;
Not the MSM, of course, who have a vested interest in locking the population up with nothing to do but watch and listen to their scare-mongering and catastrophising.

imagine its caused panic among people who just feel a bit off it one day for no reason. i doubt, especially among older people, that we all feel different when waking up one day to the next. those who worry more than others especially the ones who have a season ticket for the doctors must be either living in a personal hell or wasting the health services time.
Old 05-04-2020, 12:29   #236

Quote:
No..not just you.
When things like this happen where all news is wiped from the face of the planet, by something that COULD have been created(though I am NOT saying it was), I get to wondering what is going on behind the scenes.

Certainly this is one way to ensure that those in Extinction Rebellion get to see a world where there is no industry, no travel...I wonder if Greta Thunberg is happy with how things are turning out.

for sure the population is going to be pruned, but economies are being destroyed...and once this is all over will there be the mass unemployment that creates a bigger underclass...with real poverty at its core?

Thank you for that Skuta...a very interesting video there.
If you liked that video maybe you'll have the same sentiments about this:

Old 05-04-2020, 12:58   #237
Beacon of light

Initially, there was a report that this virus was a result of a leak/accident at the institute of Virology ten miles from Wuhan.
This is where viruses are bio-engineered.
That report said that this virus had been 'tweaked' by scientists to make it more transmissible to humans.
Of course this was jumped on as being inaccurate, a lie.
Except there is a strong suspicion that China has lied all along about the virus....both the numbers affected and the deaths, also the date that it was first recognised in the population.
There is also a virus laboratory that is only 3 miles from the Wuhan market where we are asked to believe that this was the place it all kicked off.
So now scientists are beginning to give more credibility to this scenario.
There is something not quite right about all of this.
Something that we are not being told.
If this virus had been engineered to be easier to transmit to humans.....what was the purpose of this.
I leave you to draw your own conclusions on this.

For some time now there has been a feeling that the only way to ensure that the world can survive climate change(if you believe that stuff) is to reduce population by 50%, leaving half of the planet to flora and fauna.

There have been rumours that big pharma has been implicated in this, courtesy of the Bill Gates Vaccination program.
This has allegedly been debunked, but there are some interesting and concerning holes in the debunking.
Bill and Melinda Gates appear very philanthropic in giving billions to ensure children in the developing world can be vaccinated against the diseases they are subject to, from drinking dirty water.
Bill Gates want to vaccinate all these children, but isn't that a bit strange?
Would it not be easier to give the children clean water sources?
Well, yes of course it would, but that would bring in no money to big pharma.

Now if you want to see both of these scenarios as conspiracy theories.....so be it.
you make your own mind up
Old 05-04-2020, 13:08   #238
Beacon of light

There are a lot of people out there who are very clearly, hard of thinking.
Old 05-04-2020, 14:42   #239
Beacon of light

Skuta...thank you for that too.
Much of what was being said in relation to the perspective(the actual numbers) of this infection jas been aired on here, by Eile on Spencer Street and by others like myself.
I am an old cynical baggage and I do not take everything on face value...in fact I would say that I take very lttle on face value.
Andrew Mather nailed it in regard to how the government has dealt with this...and they have been ably assisted by creating a climate of fear by the main stream media.

I will say it again....the currency of control is fear
creating a fearful situation and then seeming to ride in and rescue the population is aimed at controlling us.

there have been moves to rid the population of cash....because cash cannot be 'followed'...whereas card transactions mean you ARE followed...your moves can be tracked.....and using only cards means the banks are in control of the money.....they can then manipulate the population because without their help you cannot survive.

This then creates an underclass of people...those who cannot have a card..or prefer not to use a card (for economic reasons - you can see cash in your purse...you know that when it is gone it is gone...not so with card transactions).
I could go on, but feel sure that my ramblings will have people consider me to be like a Snickers bar...nutty.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 06-04-2020, 09:48   #240
God Member

Quote:

This then creates an underclass of people...those who cannot have a card..or prefer not to use a card (for economic reasons - you can see cash in your purse...you know that when it is gone it is gone...not so with card transactions).
I could go on, but feel sure that my ramblings will have people consider me to be like a Snickers bar...nutty.
if you are a nut then god help us all. for someone like me who only uses cash i do not think you would be an underclass but more like a luddite. some actually scoff at cash users especiaaly the ones who seem to be carrying a full deck of em in their wallets and purses. at least i,m not in debt which is the main thing.
cashman likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..