Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-01-2022, 12:17   #2416
Beacon of light

Re: Corona Virus

Yes MH…I think you would have to go back a long way to find a Labour government that really knew what the working man needed to make his life liveable and acted on those needs.
The Politicians in general are so far removed from the lives that we live, that they cannot know the things that would make lives better for those who are working class(or is that term too in woke for them)

We had an MP who knew how deprived our area is….he came from a working class background, but once he got to the city….it seemed like he forgot all about the things that would improve lives for the people who voted for him…..he became dismissive of his voters…..he somehow became superior.
Something that those who voted for him ( I was one of those ) found hard to swallow.
Less, cashman, odders and 1 others like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-01-2022, 21:21   #2417

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Yes MH…I think you would have to go back a long way to find a Labour government that really knew what the working man needed to make his life liveable and acted on those needs.
The Politicians in general are so far removed from the lives that we live, that they cannot know the things that would make lives better for those who are working class(or is that term too in woke for them)

We had an MP who knew how deprived our area is….he came from a working class background, but once he got to the city….it seemed like he forgot all about the things that would improve lives for the people who voted for him…..he became dismissive of his voters…..he somehow became superior.
Something that those who voted for him ( I was one of those ) found hard to swallow.
Yeah him and his mate, took the good nature of folk. And dropped us all for his own advantage. Funny how things work out for the backstabber's. Where's he now? Lol we don't even mention his name
odders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2022, 11:24   #2418
Beacon of light

I neither know nor care...although I did hear that he was hoping to rejuvenate his political career at some point in the future...when he thinks that maybe we have forgotten his betrayal of his voters, his background and the town.

Well I can tell him that 'Women and Elephants NEVER forget' and I would poke my eyes out before I would put my cross in his box.
odders likes this.
Old 24-01-2022, 18:39   #2419
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

well i have to say i SHALL NOT FORGET. either, and im certainly not an elephant.
Old 24-01-2022, 18:46   #2420
Beacon of light

Cashy…I I thought you said your memory was shot to bits
Old 24-01-2022, 18:59   #2421
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Cashy…I I thought you said your memory was shot to bits
it is but he used to stand with us up stanley when he came aint been near us since, though he has spoken when ive seen him in town but not the same in my eyes.
Old 24-01-2022, 20:01   #2422
Beacon of light

Cashy, it is OK….if you by chance forget his betrayal…..I will remind you.
Old 24-01-2022, 20:30   #2423
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
dont think theres a cat in hells chance of me forgetting that margaret, its been since the comments in observer after brexit,
Old 26-01-2022, 10:17   #2424
God Member

Quote:
possibly like the big union man who gets promotion with the firm. to the tune of the red flag, the union now can kiss my a---, i,ve got a foremans job at last.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2022, 10:22   #2425
God Member

back to the topic now. well our good old Biased Broadcasting Corporation were at it again this morning in the yorkshire area news. found another pet scientist worried about the figures and pushing the restrictions finishing too early narrative. as usual no one with the opposite view as usual. when or ever will this cease.
Old 26-01-2022, 10:44   #2426
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
back to the topic now. well our good old Biased Broadcasting Corporation were at it again this morning in the yorkshire area news. found another pet scientist worried about the figures and pushing the restrictions finishing too early narrative. as usual no one with the opposite view as usual. when or ever will this cease.
in answer to your question = When they get shut of Boris,
Old 26-01-2022, 15:57   #2427

[QUOTE=cashman;1263019]in answer to your question = When they get shut of Boris,

Sorry Cashy, can't agree with that, the man stuck two fingers up to the Frogs, Germans and the rest of the so called European Community whilst others in his party were shouting him down and saying it would be economic and political suicide to go it alone. We had been going it alone from 1066 until we were conned in the 1970s to join in the great game of creating a European state with the two countries that hate everything British playing the leading role. I cannot put into words what I really would like to say because G.C.H.Q. might just send the"woke" thought police around to have a word in my shell like.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2022, 16:11   #2428
Beacon of light

Taddy, I think you need not worry about .GCHQ….I feel that right now they will be fully taken up with listening to the intelligence that is going on re the situation in the Ukraine to be too bothered about the little people(that is you and me) in the UK.
Old 26-01-2022, 16:18   #2429
Beacon of light

All this thrutching to get rid of BJ is engineered to destabilise the country at a time when the focus should be on making progress forward out of the pandemic.

We need to get on with the lives we suspended.
As for the sins committed by Boris….and others in government….chewing them over will not change anything.

Show me someone who says they did not break the rules…..and I will show you someone with a foggy memory….and No Nail holes in their hands and feet.

And any adult in this country who does not recognise that those who consider themselves elite…..can do what they want…and it has always been so……and if you think it doesn’t happen then you are deluded.
How can you tell if a politician is lying…..answer, their lips are moving!
taddy and monkey hanger like this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 26-01-2022 at 16:21.
Old 27-01-2022, 09:39   #2430
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;

We need to get on with the lives we suspended.
As for the sins committed by Boris….and others in government….chewing them over will not change anything.

Show me someone who says they did not break the rules…..and I will show you someone with a foggy memory….and No Nail holes in their hands and feet.

funny how more people are wound up by boris and his parties but never mention the real problems of over 5 per cent inflation with fuel costs going sky high and even the basics in shops going through the roof in price. knowing public nature, those who are throwing the most stones may have broken the rules more than the others.
Margaret Pilkington and taddy like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..