Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-01-2022, 16:33   #2446
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Corona Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Cashy, they might be stupid, or they may just have been scared witless by the drip, drip, drip of media fear tactics driven by the government nudge until of behavioural psychologists.

There has been a lot of misinformation sowed by the propaganda machine….from the hiding of relevant peer reviewed research to the skewed figures of infections, graphs, the lies about those hospitalised with the virus(who have been misleadingly reported as being in hospital for the virus….when they contracted the virus while there for some other reason)
Deaths reported as being from the virus that were blatant lies.
A friend of ours is till trying to get her husbands death certificate amended because it was recorded as the virus being the primary cause of death when he died of Alzheimer’s and had NEVER ever had a positive test.
Fear is a great motivator….it is also a great divisive weapon.
true but they are stupid to me if they have not the brains to sort out it has not been hard.
Old 29-01-2022, 16:36   #2447
Beacon of light

Sometimes fear drives out logical thought Cashy.
It might not have got past you, for you common sense prevails.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2022, 10:20   #2448
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1263146]Cashy, they might be stupid, or they may just have been scared witless by the drip, drip, drip of media fear tactics driven by the government nudge until of behavioural psychologists.

or the ones that are regular fixtures back in the old days of doctors appointments or visit A and E for a broken finger nail.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2022, 10:25   #2449
God Member

Quote:
Sometimes fear drives out logical thought Cashy.
It might not have got past you, for you common sense prevails.
would really love to know the reason why those like us have not been taken in by the propaganda machine on covid and other issues. the others who have been taken in cite on there stance that they too have used common sense on the matter. there must be something in our DNA that prohibits this or something more deeper.
Old 30-01-2022, 11:28   #2450
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
would really love to know the reason why those like us have not been taken in by the propaganda machine on covid and other issues. the others who have been taken in cite on there stance that they too have used common sense on the matter. there must be something in our DNA that prohibits this or something more deeper.
those taken in by the propoganda use that excuse to cover themselves is my thought.
Old 30-01-2022, 13:04   #2451
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
there must be something in our DNA that prohibits this or something more deeper.
It goes back to the primordial soup days when we first crawled out & still wet behind the lugs, something bigger & uglier had crawled out before us & was eating everything else that followed.

Those of us with a shifty & naturally mistrustful oulook on those things bigger than us, especially if they have lots of teeth, fur & claws learnt early on these things were best avoided & scuttled off in the oposite direction to the sounds of growls & unmerciful screams.

We quickly learnt about the benefits of fire, clunking great clubs & pointy stick for our betterment & further evolution, right up to the point of apex predator & all round yobbling. Then we got civilised, our natural propensity for mayhem, destruction & general fondness towards casual violence sort of ebbed & we began to trust "people", there began the slippery slope of humanity.

But deepseated within each one of us, some stronger, some weaker is the faint glimmer of racial memory, the throwback to the time of teeth, claws & fur. Those of us with a better developed sense of shifty distrustfulness tend to project this on the world & people around us enabling our inherent sense of self preservation, while the less fortunes, well ..... they happily toddle off towards the ripping teeth, jaws, claws & fur to be disembowled & etten in a violent frenzy of brutality by the beasties they'd forgotten to run away from.

Taken from the dissertation from (Prof Emeritus) Dave W Williams "Uni of life & hard knocks" 1965 - to present
Margaret Pilkington and taddy like this.

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 30-01-2022 at 13:12.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2022, 13:58   #2452
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
those taken in by the propoganda use that excuse to cover themselves is my thought.
Cashy, we know that common sense is a plant that grows in not very many gardens.
Some folk don’t drink at the fount of knowledge….some just gargle.
And you can clearly see who they are…..so the government edicts have made them just a bit easier to avoid.
cashman likes this.
Old 01-02-2022, 09:57   #2453
God Member

Quote:
Cashy, we know that common sense is a plant that grows in not very many gardens.
Some folk don’t drink at the fount of knowledge….some just gargle.
And you can clearly see who they are…..so the government edicts have made them just a bit easier to avoid.
thats all well and good but they also think we are stupid and theirs is the only gardens where common sense actually grows. thing is though its their gardens that upset my hay fever in summer.
Old 01-02-2022, 11:04   #2454
Beacon of light

Well, there are a lot of people out there in the world who seem to have spit for brains…..and some of them are in politics.
Old 01-02-2022, 12:44   #2455
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Well, there are a lot of people out there in the world who seem to have spit for brains…..and some of them are in politics.
true and theres quite a few down accy.
Old 01-02-2022, 16:05   #2456

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1263209]Cashy, we know that common sense is a plant that grows in not very many gardens.

Marge, I am over run with it on the allotment give me a shout if you want a cutting anytime.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 16:59   #2457
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
Marge, I am over run with it on the allotment give me a shout if you want a cutting anytime.

If they're anything like sprouts you can poke 'em!
Margaret Pilkington and taddy like this.
Old 01-02-2022, 17:58   #2458
Beacon of light

I have a good crop of it myself Taddy….in fact I was going to ask you if you wanted some for your allotment…..but if you have enough….then I am sure if you are down town you could sell a bit of it.
taddy likes this.
Old 02-02-2022, 07:57   #2459

Another leak or just a show to the public...£8.4 billion wasted on PPE thats completely wasteful and is going in the tip.

That's our money, and nobody's bothered....

What a joke this whole episode has been....complete fkn nonsense
Reamer and monkey hanger like this.
odders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 09:03   #2460

[QUOTE=odders;1263314]Another leak or just a show to the public...£8.4 billion wasted on PPE thats completely wasteful and is going in the tip.

That's our money, and nobody's bothered....

What a joke this whole episode has been....complete fkn nonsense

(fkn), what on earth could you mean by that?
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..