Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-05-2020, 16:55   #451

Re: Corona Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Taddy, what I meant by that comment was.....who would go out in one of those blue dresses?
I was actually very proud to wear my uniform...it was the badge of who I was......and considering I had left school with nothing.....it just showed that by working hard, putting the effort in....that anything was possible.
I did well in my career, I got a City and Guilds teaching qualification an NVQ level 4, an assessor and examiner qualification....and this was someone the education system turned out to be factory fodder.

Oh....and I remember Sister Hayes.
When I was a student...and very green, she told me that I had 'a lot of oil in my lamp'.....
Her way of saying I would go far.....and she was right.
I owed it to the people who spent time and trouble to teach me.

Hope that clarifies it Taddy.
Thank you Marge, I was not trying to get at you for your comment,I can understand what you were saying about the nurses uniforms in the sixties and seventies but as a male, the uniforms of the nurses at the time were, shall we say more than useful to get a mans pecker up. Yes this is a very sexist comment but ask any man who was in hospital in that era and I have no doubt, (if they were honest), that they would say exactly the same.

Your's the honestly, The luddite
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-05-2020, 17:57   #452
Beacon of light

Oh, I am well aware of the effects of a nurses uniform from that era Taddy.
taddy likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2020, 15:04   #453
God Member

Watch this and weep, rage, or shrug.
It’s up to you.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/IB3ijQuLkkUr/
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2020, 17:14   #454
Beacon of light

God bless Judy Mikovits.
Exile...thank you for that link.
It has echoes things I have been saying for a while...both about vaccines and about big pharma(and the power wielded within governments by big Pharma).
Some of the concerns regarding this were told to me by a friend,a biological chemist from Astra Zeneca in the late 1990's...in fact this clever man who was paid a very healthy salary by that company, left because he could not stomach what was being done by the company...he became a chiropodist...a far cry from his previous job.

The video makes me mad and sad in equal measure....because there is so much deception being practised in the name of humanity.

I have said it before in this thread...do not take things on face value.
Ask questions. think for yourself....do not swallow what the governments want you to swallow without asking why they are doing this.

FEAR=Control...and control is what all governments want to have over theri citizens.
Old 23-05-2020, 17:27   #455
Beacon of light

I won't be wearing a mask...nor will I be getting any vaccination for this virus.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 24-05-2020, 07:05   #456
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
I won't be wearing a mask...nor will I be getting any vaccination for this virus.
Your choice, fine, I won't be wearing a mask but if they need volunteers to test the virus vaccination I'll step forward, I won't be spreading fear amongst those that are sitting on the fence there are plenty of good reasons to take a vaccination and a few reasons not to.

I just hope that not one person that is discouraged from taking a vaccine dies because of trivia exploded into myth.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2020, 07:23   #457
Beacon of light

Well done to you Less....your community spirit has not gone unnoticed.
Having the vaccine is a personal choice and so it should remain.....but I am not prepared to take something that has not been adequately tested and that is not guaranteed to provide the safety that is expected from a vaccine.
There may not be a vaccine.....SARS was the scare of 2003(ok it did not create a pandemic, but it did kill people) and there is still no effective vaccine for it.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 24-05-2020, 07:35   #458

Quote:
Well done to you Less....your community spirit has not gone unnoticed.
Having the vaccine is a personal choice and so it should remain.....but I am not prepared to take something that has not been adequately tested and that is not guaranteed to provide the safety that is expected from a vaccine.
There may not be a vaccine.....SARS was the scare of 2003(ok it did not create a pandemic, but it did kill people) and there is still no effective vaccine for it.
Yes it is personal choice and the talks about it from Government sources are that it won't be compulsory and I agree that it shouldn't be.

However you do keep putting the following anecdotal 'evidence' forward which isn't proof of anything other than that someone wasn't happy in his work.

Quote:

Some of the concerns regarding this were told to me by a friend,a biological chemist from Astra Zeneca in the late 1990's...in fact this clever man who was paid a very healthy salary by that company, left because he could not stomach what was being done by the company...he became a chiropodist...a far cry from his previous job.

I have said it before in this thread...do not take things on face value.
Ask questions. think for yourself....do not swallow what the governments want you to swallow without asking why they are doing this.

FEAR=Control...and control is what all governments want to have over theri citizens.
Yes, fear, it can be used by both sides of the coin to manipulate others to ones own point of view.
cashman likes this.
Old 24-05-2020, 07:39   #459
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

There is not a vaccine and probably not for a long while in my view, so to say it has not been tested when you are well aware of that is very foolish in my view.i also will never wear a mask but if a vaccine came i would certainly take it.
Old 24-05-2020, 09:15   #460
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Yes it is personal choice and the talks about it from Government sources are that it won't be compulsory and I agree that it shouldn't be.

However you do keep putting the following anecdotal 'evidence' forward which isn't proof of anything other than that someone wasn't happy in his work.

Yes, fear, it can be used by both sides of the coin to manipulate others to ones own point of view.
I do not want to convert anyone....and my 'anecdotal evidence' as you term it is just from a friend who worked in the field about which we are talking.....and that he left his job because he couldn't continue because of conscience issues .....isn't the same as being unhappy at work...it is more than that.
But, you do not know this man, and I do....and I know what I believe.

What I believe does not make it fact.....but it does make me stop and think.
Money matters more to big pharma than the philanthropic ideology of saving humanity.
Less, it is your choice as to your belief.....and I would not wish to change that in any way.
I know that I couldn't anyway.
Old 24-05-2020, 09:24   #461
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;
There may not be a vaccine.....SARS was the scare of 2003(ok it did not create a pandemic, but it did kill people) and there is still no effective vaccine for it.[/QUOTE]

right from the 50,s polio outbreak i have never had a vaccine for anything. even when i go for my MOT every year i never get told to take advantage of it. mind you i can see some snowflake getting involved and forcing us to get one and carrying some card around proving it to gain entry to places where there are crowds.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2020, 10:56   #462
Beacon of light

if I do not have the vaccine I am no risk to those who have had it.
Old 25-05-2020, 08:45   #463

Quote:
Lancashire Police saw a chap paragliding over Pendle Hill and sent him on his way.

Have the police nothing better to do?
Ok, so the man travelled from the Manchester area to Pendle,but honestly...what harm was he doing?
He was over 100 ft in the air, so he could not be accused of contravening social distance rules.
I know that it would be stretching it to call this exercise or 'essential'.....but can the police not employ a bit of rational common sense?

Apparently not.
Have we unwittingly become a fascist state?
I thought that the lockdown was advisory.....not supported by laws....so the police should get on with solving crimes.
Just my thoughts.
Well, over the past 24 hours lock down has finished so this guy can paraglide to his hearts content because he followed his instincts to fly free, no laws were broken the police not just in Lancashire but all over the country must refrain from issuing fines for infringements from anyone after all we are in this together and what is good for the goose is good for the gander, thank you Mr. Cummins for freeing us all and just before you go (or stay) could you Pleeeease, open the pubs.
Old 25-05-2020, 10:25   #464
Beacon of light

Less, the restrictions in place were advisory...not enshrined in law.
The only people who were legally obliged to comply with directions were those who had businesses or shops or hospitality...they were legally banned from trading.
There were no restrictions on factory worker who could not work from home...they could go to their jobs unhindered(my son in law is one of these) unless they were showing symptoms of the illness.

Everything else was just advice....and whatever you think of Dominic Cummings(and I sit on the fence on this one) he did not break any laws...he had justification for his actions...unlike Neil Ferguson Or the Scottish health minister whose name evades me.
Other politicians have also flouted the restrictions, but yet they are not being treated in the same way as DC(and yes, I get that these others were not the ones telling us to stay home).....the knives are out for him mainly because he is unpopular not because of this current issue.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 25-05-2020 at 10:28.
Old 25-05-2020, 10:35   #465

Quote:
Less, the restrictions in place were advisory...not enshrined in law.
The only people who werelegally obliged to comply with directions were those who had businesses or shops or hospitality...they were legally banned from trading.
Everything else was just advice....and whatever you think of Dominic cummings(and I sit on the fence on this one) he did not break any laws...he had justification for his actions...unlike Neil Ferguson Or the Scottish health minister whose name evades me.
Other politicians have also flouted the restrictions, but yet they are not being treated in the same way as DC(and yes, I get that these others were not the ones telling us to stay home).....the knives are out for him mainly because he is unpopular not because of this current issue.
I understand all of the above, I also agree that the knives are out, however there is responsibility, to encourage responsibility the police issued fines for petty crimes against the lock down, the majority of us didn't give them any trouble because we understood we were in it all together.

It is rather obvious that someone that advised on the lock down conditions should consider his/her responsibility far more than we plebs, they should lead by example (or not get caught) once they prove to be incapable of following their own advice they should do the honourable thing and fall on their virtual sword thus removing the Prime Minister from this awkward situation.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..