Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-07-2020, 20:15   #661
Beacon of light

Re: Corona Virus

I didn't spot that...it was fine when I looked.
I thought perhaps the men in grey suits had found out I was spreading dissent and were going to do like they do in China and cover mi in vanishing cream.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-07-2020, 20:24   #662

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
No Taddy...you misunderstand me...it is usually Exile on Spencer St who posts links to articles like the one I posted....I didn't mean I was going into exile....and anyway they wouldn't have me they would say don't let that gobby cow in, she's trouble!
Thank goodness for that, I would have sorely missed our banter.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2020, 20:27   #663
Beacon of light

Exile(the place) is glad too...they would have had to recruit extra police
Old 20-07-2020, 08:09   #664
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1242203]Cashy, if that makes you feel better then that is what you must do.
It will be the death of many establishments and that is just collateral damage as far as the govenment is concerned...they only want to look good...and not be questioned, just obeyed.

the government on one hand talk about the boosts to the economy. doubt there will be many who are going to go into shops for the first time on friday once everyones faces are covered up. there will be quite a lot who will stay away as they just cannot be bothered with the hassle it will cause them.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2020, 08:22   #665
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1242175]I said in an earlier post that 'You are NOT required to wear a mask if you have medical issues that would make this difficult for you'
Now this is information from the government.....and you do not need to provide proof of what your medical condition is....you can just 'self declare'.

only problem i have is i have an itchy skin and i doubt this could be classed as a medical issue. its something i just live with and hardly a condition to add to the long waiting lists for the doctors. i have said too much in the past about the self certificate brigade and the surgery season ticket holders to join em.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2020, 18:23   #666
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
Thanks for that Dave but there is a big difference between having a few pints of what you fancy and as you say getting paralytic pished.

It's a tactical thing Taddy, the art of war & all that. If you maintain your Alcohol levels the nasties have less chance of infiltrating behind your lines!

That's my excuse & I'm sticking with it!
Stevie R and taddy like this.
Old 22-07-2020, 11:20   #667

On reading "Littlejohns" article in yesterdays Daily Mail at one point I had to put the paper down as I couldn't read through tears of laughter.
Quote, "Fixed to the fence at the municiple tennis courts in Alexandra Gardens, Windsor, Berkshire and bearing the seals of Public Health England and Windsor and Maidenhead council, it reads; "ONLY HANDLE YOUR OWN BALLS".
To quote Littlejohns catchphrase, "You could not make it up".
Also in the same article it states that a study has shown that anyone who dies and has previously tested positive for corona virus is included in the Covid death toll even if they have fully recovered and then been run over by a bus.As a parting shot he tends to think that it is only a matter of time before "Public Health England", starts to bankroll tennis lessons but remember, (ONLY HANDLE YOUR OWN BALLS).
With many thanks to Littlejohn of the Daily Mail, I almost choked on my Hobgoblin,
Your's, The Luddite.
Old 22-07-2020, 11:37   #668

Just spotted another comment from "Littlejohn", I hope that I am not breaching any laws of copyright with these posts but I thought this would also go down well with Accy Webb members.
"Quote " the summer of stupidity continues. Snowflake civil servants are demanding the Churchill Room at the Treasury is renamed. How the hell did anyone who degenerates our greatest Prime Minister, the man who defeated Hitler, as a "racist"; ever get a job at the heart of government?
Churcill once said history would be kind to him since he intended to write it. We mustn't let the pig ignorant,statue toppling Left-wing fascists rewrite it
Back to my soapbox, Your's, The Luddite.
Old 22-07-2020, 15:12   #669
Beacon of light

Taddy, I have been telling you for ages that the figures are bogus.

It has been known for weeks and weeks that in England no one ever recovers from Covid......that if you have only been suspected of having had it, and you die from a fall off a swing, or a dog bite....it will be Covid on your death certificate.
Exile provided us with evidence of this by showing us what the BMA had advised Doctors to do so that there were no comebacks.....mark deaths as being due to Covid.

PHE have been trawling for those who had been in hospital/tested positive for the virus....and if they have since died, their deaths have been added to the figures.
The stats are thought to be exaggerated to a level of 50%....maybe more.
Had it not been for Carl Heneghen and a team at Oxford University being sceptical of these figures(because the general death figures are not elevated significantly from the figures for this time last year) then PHE would still be churning out their lies.

Taddy, what does that tell you?
I know what it tells me...but I will let you draw your own conclusions from it.

It is like the rising figures in Blackburn....and maybe Pendle too....the more people you test, the more you will find....and the figures will rise.
You do not find something that you are not looking for.
taddy and monkey hanger like this.
Old 22-07-2020, 16:34   #670

I have to admit that I am coming round a bit more to your way of thinking,maybe not totally (yet) but who knows.
Old 22-07-2020, 16:45   #671
Beacon of light

Taddy, you have the access to information in the same way that I have.
In my posts I give my reasons and rationale for what I am posting...but we are all born with the ability to choose.
It is up to you.....whether you come believe what I say does not matter to me(and I mean this most respectfully)......I say it as I see it....can do nothing else.
Old 22-07-2020, 17:26   #672
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i have always been of the opinion that the figures are not true, to me thats certainly not down to B.J. but the lords of the N.H.S. people may disagree they are entitled too but thats my opinion.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 22-07-2020, 17:37   #673
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
How the hell did anyone who degenerates our greatest Prime Minister, the man who defeated Hitler, as a "racist"; ever get a job at the heart of government?

By ticking those boxes I'd assume.
Old 22-07-2020, 18:03   #674
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i have always been of the opinion that the figures are not true, to me thats certainly not down to B.J. but the lords of the N.H.S. people may disagree they are entitled too but thats my opinion.
Cashy, it is Public Health England that are the culprits.( The figures are from the NHS, but the NHS are not responsible for publishing the figures)

It is they who are responsible for collating the stats.....now whether any other agency is involved in promoting the fear aspect(because these figures have been responsible for fostering fear) is anyone's guess.
Old 22-07-2020, 18:08   #675
Beacon of light

The other thing is...now SAGE is saying that the schools should not have been closed as no teacher ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD has contracted The virus from a pupil.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..