Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-07-2020, 09:44   #691
Beacon of light

Re: Corona Virus

Doesn't it strike you as strange that these people want to be seen to encourage diversity In all but thought?
Might that be because it is easier to close down a discussion by giving it a derogatory label(racist, homophobic, sexist transphobic, Karen,Gammon)than it is to formulate a plausible argument for their point of view?
Diversity of thought takes intelligence and the ability to analyse....might it be that they do not have those skills.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-07-2020, 07:59   #692
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Diversity of thought takes intelligence and the ability to analyse....might it be that they do not have those skills.
they do not want anyone to analyse their position just in case their position is proved to be false. the words, you cannot say that anymore, is only said to one part of society and not all. wish i could ban all this diversity and being told my life has been enriched over the years.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2020, 08:17   #693
Beacon of light

Now, Monkey hanger you know that that is not the acceptable position.
You are supposed to embrace the changes....see them as enriching...except what is enriching about those from the Asian sub continent grooming young white girls?

What is enriching about these same people dealing drugs(and yes I have personal experience of this....it was happening in Ma's garage in the last three years of her life.....when we made it so they could not get in, they still dealt by the garage doors)

What is enriching about the black on black gang violence. The use of children to run drugs between counties.....because if they are caught the courts are more lenient with them....juveniles being dealt with in different courts.

But then we aren't supposed to see this....or if we do, we are expected to turn a blind eye, because it is seen as racist to call it out.....and the police do nothing because they do not want to stir up racial tensions. These are the same police who 'take the knee' so we should not expect too much of them as they have shown where their allegiance lies.
They let Sharia courts deal with it.

So how is it right that our justice system is undermined like this and we are supposed to ignore it?

I had better shut up now before the thought police come knocking on my door to take me away to re-educate me into the 'right way of thinking'.
monkey hanger likes this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 27-07-2020 at 08:20.
Old 27-07-2020, 08:32   #694
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:

I had better shut up now before the thought police come knocking on my door to take me away to re-educate me into the 'right way of thinking'.
When they turn up at your door don't open it, just play this at' em very, very, LOUD!

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2020, 11:14   #695
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1242443]Now, Monkey hanger you know that that is not the acceptable position.
You are supposed to embrace the changes....see them as enriching...

true, but my eyes still say different. when my family moved from hartlepool{west Hartlepool in those days** just over 60 years ago now it felt like heaven moving from a real working class town that reaked of deprovation to a small mill town near halifax. some lovely old properties in terraced streets where women took pride in their steps with those stones they used then to clean em up. same in big brother halifax where my married sister lived. go back now after years of enrichers these places make slums look acceptable. going back to hartlepool now its the opposite affect than previously. do not have to give a big clue why. keighley where i now live was actually thought of as being posh with all that green and moorland between the towns. now this has been eaten up in the last few years due to extra housing required. why is all this extra housing needed. for me its to house those who,s families are now older, from different parts of the world where contraception is seen more of a dirty word than a necessity. got to finish as i have heard a siren going off.
Old 27-07-2020, 11:59   #696
Beacon of light

That siren you can hear....I can hear it too....let's hope we are both accommodated in a facility together...I have a feeling we would get on....but then we might be huge trouble for our warders
Old 27-07-2020, 14:59   #697

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1242448]
Quote:
Now, Monkey hanger you know that that is not the acceptable position.
You are supposed to embrace the changes....see them as enriching...

true, but my eyes still say different. when my family moved from hartlepool{west Hartlepool in those days** just over 60 years ago now it felt like heaven moving from a real working class town that reaked of deprovation to a small mill town near halifax. some lovely old properties in terraced streets where women took pride in their steps with those stones they used then to clean em up. same in big brother halifax where my married sister lived. go back now after years of enrichers these places make slums look acceptable. going back to hartlepool now its the opposite affect than previously. do not have to give a big clue why. keighley where i now live was actually thought of as being posh with all that green and moorland between the towns. now this has been eaten up in the last few years due to extra housing required. why is all this extra housing needed. for me its to house those who,s families are now older, from different parts of the world where contraception is seen more of a dirty word than a necessity. got to finish as i have heard a siren going off.
Oh how this post took me back sixty seven years, to when my family moved from Burnley (only six or seven miles) to the village of Huncoat where I have lived ever since. Accrington council, as it was then were allocating newly built "Corporation houses" to people who were prepared to to work in Broad Meadows Colliery ,(Huncoat Pit) or the newly built Power Station.
The house that my parents were allocated was only a cock stride from the green fields and woodland that separated Huncoat from Hapton but to a young lad it was a different world, a paradise might seem too strong a word to use nowadays but that is the only way that I can describe it.
My love of animals, gardening and the countryside in general, stems from the the day in 1954 when my (true) life actually began.
Your's with a tear in my eye, Taddy.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2020, 16:23   #698
Beacon of light

I think many of us had those kind of experiences back in those days Taddy.
My playground was Priestley Clough.
We(my five brothers and I) would go out first thing and would not go home until it was dark or we were too hungry to carry on playing.
We fished for stickle backs in the lodge(a stocking....attached to a wire circle and put into a length of bamboo.)
We brought hedgehogs home.(full of red mites) We picked brambles and ate them right off the bush....the same with raspberries. We picked bluebells, to our Ma's horror.....would not have them in the house...did not want to cross the fairies.
We once picked a load of apples off a tree and ate them in spite of the fact that they were really,really sour.
We were all up that night with bellyache and had the runs(not good when the lav is out the back).
Taddy, we had what would now be considered impoverished up bringing...yet we were really rich in experiences and they made us the people we are today.
I would not swap my growing up years for anything.
Less, cashman, taddy and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 27-07-2020 at 16:26.
Old 28-07-2020, 07:22   #699

Me neither Marge.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2020, 07:59   #700
God Member

Quote:
Taddy, we had what would now be considered impoverished up bringing...yet we were really rich in experiences and they made us the people we are today.
I would not swap my growing up years for anything.
do not think it was all about your parents lack of money in your upbringing. i consider myself lucky in that respect, but you and all your mates did similar things to you in a group whose fathers ranged from mill owners to labourers. funny thing is that when we grew up, met em again with all different experiances in life after schooldays we all tend to sing from the same hymn book on present day life. schooldays might not be the happiest days of your life but leisure time rain, snow or shine certainly was.
Old 28-07-2020, 08:02   #701
God Member

Quote:
That siren you can hear....I can hear it too....let's hope we are both accommodated in a facility together...I have a feeling we would get on....but then we might be huge trouble for our warders
remember that tv programme waiting for god. i always fancied myself being the graham crowden character. you sound if the stephanie cole one would be right up your street.
Old 28-07-2020, 09:22   #702
Beacon of light

Oh, goodness gracious me....you've got it in one.(yes, yes....I could play her very easily)
That I am so transparent is a bit of a worry though.
Old 29-07-2020, 07:48   #703
God Member

Quote:
Oh, goodness gracious me....you've got it in one.(yes, yes....I could play her very easily)
That I am so transparent is a bit of a worry though.
its far better to play those two roles than the ones of the dodgy slimeball owner or his little sad yes woman of his assistant.
Old 30-07-2020, 20:54   #704
God Member

Watch out, the Lockdown Gestapo are on their way for you.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2020, 21:28   #705

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Watch out, the Lockdown Gestapo are on their way for you.

Its a shame George Orwell isn't still around, I feel sure the current situation would prompt him to write something that would be worth reading.
AccyMad likes this.
Hill Walker is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..