Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2020, 11:14   #751
Beacon of light

Re: Corona Virus

The more information that the likes of we, the ordinary people, can put out(with the relevant back up of dociments to corroborate what we are saying0 the more chance there is of the information being taken note of.

Mainstream media, broadcasters are not our allies or our friends, they are just promoting the 'party' line(and before you tell me it is not about a political party...yes, I know this...but the aims ARE political)

I will keep asking questions, I will keep doubting what I am told(because the figures do not add up and I have not lost my ability to analyse what I am being asked to accept)
I will continue to put any information out there by whatever means are at my disposal.
The more I see and the more I am sure that it is easier to fool people than to show them that they have been fooled.

It is up to people with minds of their own to draw their own conclusions once they have the information,,,you cannot make an informed choice if the information you are fed is bogus.
You have to ask WHY.....?
What are the motives?
whatever they are, there is a sinister feel to them.
I don't think I am alone in these deductions.
monkey hanger likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-08-2020, 11:35   #752
God Member

No, Margaret, you are not alone.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/0...en-terrorised/
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 11:35   #753
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i dont honestly give a stuff oer any of these declarations whoever they are from, in fact i rarely read them these days getting by the best i can in this is simple to me, i just use common sense and hopefully that will do, if anyone actually knew what they were saying was correct i would.
Old 04-08-2020, 11:48   #754
Beacon of light

Cashy, just getting by...that is not enough.
You have got to a stage in your life when you should be able to enjoy your leisure.
Now I know that you and your good lady will have been inconvenienced by the fact that you can no longer do things that give you pleasure.
Your travel plans have been curtailed.....meaning that your enjoyment is also much reduced.
This after a lifetime of working for the good of this country and bringing up a family.
You,(and I do hope you don't mind me saying this) are getting towards the end of your life...and yet the powers that be do not feel you have the sense to take care of yourself...they want to nanny you, they want to take away your independence, they want to control what you do and how you do it...from how you shop to the way they control the money in your pocket.
This current situation is a move to make our society cashless( remember whoever controls the money, controls you) a cashless society is one that is tracked...under surveillance.

The currency of the powers that be is not 'common sense' because generations have been dumbed down.
They only know the currency of control and each freedom we relinquish is one step nearer them getting control.
Fear is the currency of control...and that has been delivered in spades

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 04-08-2020 at 11:53.
Old 04-08-2020, 11:51   #755
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

i do enjoy my life by not giving a stuff about all this crap.
Less and monkey hanger like this.
Old 04-08-2020, 11:56   #756
Beacon of light

You cannot hide from the incessant media...it is on every station, every broadcast...and every time you venture out you are reminded that we are living in very strange times...you cannot have any kind of social contact....this is damaging to our mental health'
(Ah, now you are saying...'so that has what made this nutty old bird battier than ever')
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 04-08-2020, 12:01   #757
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i do enjoy my life by not giving a stuff about all this crap.
But you have been inconvenienced...haven't you?
You are right it IS crap, but it is crap that you cannot hide from, it can't be eliminated from your life...well that is unless you live on a remote scottish island with no WIFI...or in a cave somewhere.

I do give a stuff about it, because it is damaging the future for our children and their children, financially, socially, emotionally and more people will lose their homes, their livelihoods and their place in life..and that HAS to be a concern.
Old 04-08-2020, 12:10   #758
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
But you have been inconvenienced...haven't you?
You are right it IS crap, but it is crap that you cannot hide from, it can't be eliminated from your life...well that is unless you live on a remote scottish island with no WIFI...or in a cave somewhere.

I do give a stuff about it, because it is damaging the future for our children and their children, financially, socially, emotionally and more people will lose their homes, their livelihoods and their place in life..and that HAS to be a concern.
Calm down girl, you need a break, take some time out, sit down, relax, read a magazine.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 12:19   #759
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

a concernto people that bother maybe,certainly not a concern of mine.
Old 04-08-2020, 13:56   #760
Beacon of light

Less, do you mean the latest copy of Vogue?
Old 04-08-2020, 14:02   #761
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Less, do you mean the latest copy of Vogue?
Back copies would all be new to me so there's a plethora of choice.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 07:57   #762
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1242843] unless you live on a remote scottish island with no WIFI...or in a cave somewhere.

mind you we have turned our house into a cave and have declared our own independence from corona.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 08:01   #763
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
trouble is exile how many people read that stuff or now even want to do so. there will be a few desenters but on the whole they have been brainwashed by the media in believing all the scare stuff. just wonder if an election was due this year then the government may have put a different slant on stuff.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 08:33   #764
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
trouble is exile how many people read that stuff or now even want to do so. there will be a few desenters but on the whole they have been brainwashed by the media in believing all the scare stuff. just wonder if an election was due this year then the government may have put a different slant on stuff.
Aye, maybe, but then the Government and the media and all the metropolitan luvvies thought exactly the same about the referendum. The Govt even spent £9m of our taxes trying to brainwash everyone from day one.
There are more sensible people than the media would have you think.
We just have to stand up against nonsense when we see or hear it.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 09:15   #765
Beacon of light

Blackburn, Darwen and Hyndburn were subjected to localised lockdown measures last Thursday night.....and yesterday it was reported that there had been only ONE Covid death in the region in the last two weeks....and that was yesterday.

So why the local lockdown.

The scarifying figures are bogus.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..