Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2020, 10:34   #766
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Corona Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Blackburn, Darwen and Hyndburn were subjected to localised lockdown measures last Thursday night.....and yesterday it was reported that there had been only ONE Covid death in the region in the last two weeks....and that was yesterday.

So why the local lockdown.

The scarifying figures are bogus.
is it not how many have got it when tested thats the main thing?
Old 05-08-2020, 12:29   #767
Beacon of light

That may be the criteria that they are using. Obviously the more they test the more they will find Cashy...and those in Blackburn were directed to get tests even if they were sympromless.

A lot of tests returned as positive in the US because the tests were contaminated(not that there has been any report of that here).

We have to get on with life...we have to go about our daily doings, not cower in a corner somewhere.
Given the chance I would be out and about right now.
For those who are fearful, then the answer is to shield themselves...get shopping delivered, don't go out...but if you can go to a gym, or to a pub...or to eat out then it makes no sense to be locked away on an age basis.(though it does look like the government is now doing a U turn on that possibility.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 13:05   #768
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i would assume it is margaret, to me the more that have it the more the chance of it spreading.
Old 05-08-2020, 13:31   #769
Beacon of light

The more that have it with no symptoms means that there is a chance of developing immunity to it.
Obviously if you have other conditions you still need to take the right kind of precautions...which is what the majority of people have been doing.
Old 05-08-2020, 14:09   #770
God Member

We’ve (sorry, I mean they) have subtly move from reporting deaths (and it’s now pretty well accepted that these were sensationally over-estimated by dodgy death certificate records) to reporting cases.
All we hear now is about cases. 15 cases in Aberdeeen - close the place down.
Clearly now there are so few deaths (certainly not enough to call it a ‘demic’ never mind the pan), the mobilised medical machine has turned its attention to cases.
A question remains about the reliability of the tests. Some claim 5O% false positives, less sceptical reports suggest 10% are unreliable. Some say the tests react to other virus we carry round with us all the time, not least ‘common’ cold and flu.
Who knows, but we will certainly never be told while the ‘test’ paradigm allows politicians, medical theorists, computer modellers, behavioural scientists (sic), media machines to continue with their game playing with our lives and livelihoods.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 15:20   #771
Beacon of light

There are a growing number of medical professionals who are questioning the theory that a second wave is on the cards in the next two weeks.
There are even some medical professionals that are saying that this is not the illness that it has been portrayed as...that many people will have had it and not known they have had it...but they do not make the main stream media....Why might that be?
Well, I leave you to draw your own conclusions about that.

What is known is that the corona virus has impacted on other serious ailments like heart disease, stroke and cancer treatments,
It is thought that 1,750 people died as a result of the problems caused by the lockdown....not the virus...but the lockdown which meant access to services was much reduced or even denied.
Something in the region of 190,00(figures from the BHF) heart scans were missed because resources were diverted...and this may lead to long term consequences...creating death indirectly caused not by the virus, but by how the situation was managed.

An independent inquiry is already saying that one of the biggest governmental mistakes was to let people into the country without any quarantine requirements at the start of the fiasco(I think I might have mentioned that I thought that was where there were major issues...but then I am not a member of the SAGE team).

Telling us it was an 'unprecedented event' doesn't cut it.
Common sense would tell you that you can stop infections by stopping people coming into the country and importing it....rocket science it aint.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 05-08-2020 at 15:23.
Old 05-08-2020, 15:26   #772
Beacon of light

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...356-8/fulltext
A study from THE LANCET.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 05-08-2020, 15:56   #773
God Member

Quote:
Food for thought, especially when The Lancet (not, I would assume, known for sensationalism or conspiracy theories) states:
As early as Feb 14, 2020, fear-inducing language was noted in the media.
Old 05-08-2020, 16:25   #774
Beacon of light

Yes....there were other publications which carried this information, but they did not have the gravitas that the lancet has....a publication that is for medical professionals and the work done by respected medical professionals.

I am not a natural rebel....and I do not wish to be seen as promoting stuff that could be construed as 'conspiracy theory' stuff.
What I have been reading and watching (from knowledgeable people with accepted credentials, yet not being given a platform for their concerns) really scares me.

It feels like sleepwalking into a minefield full of dangers.
You cannot make an informed choice if the information that you are being fed is at best, unreliable...or at worst, calculated to deceive.
taddy and monkey hanger like this.
Old 05-08-2020, 17:52   #775
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

All in all it's not as bad as they make it out to be, I had a case of "Corona" on Saturday which I went sharesys on with a German mate, 6 bottles a piece. No worries, think the thing that give us a kicking & put us at "deaths door" was some dodgy "Schnapps" we had that some owd geezer brews up on his allotment!
Margaret Pilkington and taddy like this.
Old 06-08-2020, 07:58   #776
God Member

Quote:
doubt the article will get any air time in the media. we all know why.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 08:04   #777
God Member

[QUOTE=Exile on Spencer St;1242893]We’ve (sorry, I mean they) have subtly move from reporting deaths (and it’s now pretty well accepted that these were sensationally over-estimated by dodgy death certificate records) to reporting cases.

when the do report on the X number of cases confirmed you get the impression that all these cases are just waiting to meet an unmasked grim reaper just around the door. when buses used to run with passengers those 12 cases in aberdeen are really just one average tea time bus queue at one stop on one route in the city.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 08:18   #778
God Member

A couple of interesting pieces that seem, to me, to have a connection.

First, this lady is dismissed by the establishment as a ‘conspiracy theorist’, but I like her chutzpah. In this piece she quotes a lot from a rather wordy academic study, but stick with her and you may get the point of her argument.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ture=emb_title

And more sense from Spiked today.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/0...id-blame-game/
Old 06-08-2020, 10:30   #779
Beacon of light

The official figures for deaths from the virus are about to be changed.
They have been over inflated from the start.

And as for the local testing situation.....well, not knowing how many people have been tested, alongside the positive results makes the local figures bogus too.
That is like saying a hundred per cent of people in a survey say the government is doing well without telling us that only five people were asked the question.....you need to know how many were tested to work out a percentage number of the infection in the area.

We are being fed duff statistics in the attempt to keep us ignorant of the true situation.

The local death figures from ANY cause have fallen.....surely that says something in a time of Pandemic.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 06-08-2020, 10:33   #780
Beacon of light

I have watched a few of the videos produced by Polly....all give food for thought and cause for concern.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..