Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2020, 09:03   #826
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Corona Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
doubt they were similar to the ones the general public are wearing in shops. the ones used in car spray booths are far remote from buying the cheapest thing possible to get over the regulation to buy a pint of milk.
they were very similar mate i wore them 20 odd years.if anything these now are a bit better.
Old 12-08-2020, 11:04   #827
Beacon of light

So are they the N95 masks Cashy...or the vented masks?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 11:10   #828
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
So are they the N95 masks Cashy...or the vented masks?
dunno what n95 are but they certainly were not vented.was mid 90s when i left, all i know is im ok but some of those that never wore when they should died soon after they finished.

Last edited by cashman; 12-08-2020 at 11:13.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 11:11   #829
Beacon of light

It is interesting to note that more people died from Flu and Pneumonia in the period between June 19th and July 31st....that is seven weeks.
These figures are from the Office of National statistics.
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...ding31july2020

Please note these are just the figures from one week.....if you want to search week by week you can find details on this site.
These are different from the Public Health England figures in that they are unadulterated

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 12-08-2020 at 11:18.
Old 12-08-2020, 11:16   #830
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
dunno what n95 are but they certainly were not vented.
This is an N95 mask Cashy.
They are designed to filter out dust and particulates...and are commonly used in industrial processes.
I cannot see how they would protect from acids though.....but they might protect you from fumes.
Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_3381.PNG (4.29 MB, 4 views)
Old 12-08-2020, 16:55   #831

Quote:
yeh but masks protected me from arsenic, and various acids and chemicals so i think they are very useful.
I was a mobile fork lift truck engineer for many years, covering the north west of england up to the scottish borders, in many of the firms that I went to it was (compulsery to wear a mask) and before anyone accuses me of being a snowflake, these companies included iron foundries,chemical works, the firm in rochdale that manufactered asbestos. and even heysham B nuclear power station, so as you say cashy, (they are very useful). or if you have not been there then do not call it!
cashman likes this.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 17:02   #832
God Member

No one’s arguing that masks and other protective gear is not essential in many industrial and medical situations.
But equally, I hope, no one is arguing that not wearing a mask in a shop is the equivalent of entering a nuclear power station or an asbestos factory without taking precautions.
Hang on, maybe that’s probably exactly what the catastrophists on SAGE are telling the Government. What else would convince a Government to destroy its own economy?
monkey hanger likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 17:11   #833
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
This is an N95 mask Cashy.
They are designed to filter out dust and particulates...and are commonly used in industrial processes.
I cannot see how they would protect from acids though.....but they might protect you from fumes.
no it was nothing like that margaret, just a plain what yeh see now type mask. for the acids i did mean the fume which is very bad.
Old 12-08-2020, 17:15   #834

Quote:
No, it is definitely NOT funny at all.
They have been brainwashed and are being bamboozled by politicians.
(No-one is challenging what they tell us)
When this pandemic began, the scientists said that masks were ineffective.....and the evidence is there to prove it(backed up by randomised controlled trials...good science, but something that will not be happening with vaccines because they...the scientists know that they would fail in RCT).

The reasons the politicians want you to wear a mask is so that they can see that their fear tactics are working.....and it is to look like they are doing something...they are, but it is useless and could be damaging....read the article (at the bottom)about the dangers associated with mask wearing.

I have provided the information...what anyone does with it is entirely up to them.

I am not a natural rebel, but I hate being duped.
Margaret, enough is enough, if you think that your conspiricy theory is correct then fair enough, if you don't want to wear a mask, again it is up to you, but do not forget that many, many minors, (as in children) read these posts and I am more than afraid that some of them will be saying to their parents (I don't need to wear this mask, The lady on Accrington Web says so.
As I put in another post I had to wear a mask for my job at times, if the firm or whoever insists on you wearing a mask and you don't agree then look for another job.
cashman likes this.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 17:50   #835
Beacon of light

Taddy. You may know that children under 11 are exepmt from wearing masks...and if you think/or know of any children who are influenced by my postings then please let me know.

What I have posted is backed up by solid scientific(Randomised Controlled Trials - his is the gold standard of testing out scientific theory...without these tests it is just THEORY).

It is NOT a conspiracy theory...when I have posted things that you might think are contentious, I have posted justification for my point of view.

I also wore a mask in my job, but I knew how to wear it, when to wear it, the reasoning behind it and the dangers involved in the wearing and disposal of my mask.

The science behind wearing masks has not changed.
It will NOT protect you from Covid, it will not protect others from Covid if you are carrying it.
These masks say on the boxes that they will not protect against Covid.

The Manufacturers are telling you thios because it is TRUE
The reason behnd this is that the virus particles that you breathe out measure 190 nano-microns....the masks currently in use will only prevent particles no smaller thean 300 nano-microns to be caught...so figure it out.

The mask wearing is purely a 'window dressing' exercise...it is something brought in to demonstrate the population is compliant...a kind of badge that says you are doing as you are told...but lose the idea that you are protecting yourself..or anyone else for that matter.
They want you to believe that but it just is not true.
No conspiracy at all just truth....however unpalatable that is.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 12-08-2020 at 17:54.
Old 12-08-2020, 18:00   #836
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

sorry but i agree 100% with what taddy said in his last post.
Old 12-08-2020, 18:06   #837
Beacon of light

Quote:
no it was nothing like that margaret, just a plain what yeh see now type mask. for the acids i did mean the fume which is very bad.
I dealt with formaldehyde on a daily basis for years....no masks or gloves were required.
I dabbled my fingers in it regularly
Then they found out that this chemical was very toxic (maybe cancer causing)and you had to be specially trained and certificated to use and gloves and masks became the rule.
Old 12-08-2020, 18:09   #838
Beacon of light

Quote:
Cashy, you need not be sorry, but as you know I say it how I see it.
You are both entitled to your own views and it does not matter to me if they do not correspond with mine.
I have given full information that explains my point of view.
And as for having any influence on children, well, I do not see it. I do not think many minors read what I write....and in any case those under 11 are exempt from the wearing of masks.
Children do not listen to my views...either verbal or written.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 12-08-2020 at 18:14.
Old 12-08-2020, 18:11   #839
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
I don't it's all a matter of opinion.

How are these youngsters reading accyweb? You have to have an account to sign in and anyone under 18 has to get their parents to send a letter to the owner to get permission to use the site. If they are using someone else's account that is against site rules.
Parental guidance should be used with all minors on site, because we aren't allowed to clip the little beggars around the lug hole anymore.
taddy likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 18:12   #840
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

yeh people should do what they think is best for themselves, no question to me, but i cannot weigh up why some think by saying contary to what is advised can do any good at all far as im concerned it could easily be dangerous to others.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..