Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2020, 18:21   #841
Beacon of light

Re: Corona Virus

Cashy because it is simply that you are being lied to.
If it says on a box of masks 'will not protect against Covid'....who do you believe?...the government or the mask manufacturer?
The government do not know where to go next in this chaos they have created.....so if they tell you to wear a mask to,protect others....then you want to believe it....you do it.
Even if the scientific publications do not back this up.....and they don't back up mask wearing as a protective measure.
I posted a link to a journal that tells you this and WHY they do not protect against viruses.

However you view this, whether you see it as just me being difficult, or perverse, you cannot dispute what has been proved in randomised controlled trials.
monkey hanger likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-08-2020, 18:28   #842
Beacon of light

Sweden did none of this...no masks, no lockdown, no trashing of their economy and they have not had the level of deaths projected by our modellers.
Neil Ferguson suggested that the UK would see half a million deaths.
We have not had that level of deaths...and if you look at the ONS statistics that I posted a link to earlier today, you will see that there have been more deaths from Flu and Pneumonia over the last seven weeks, than from Covid.
In fact the levels of death when compared Year on year for the last five years are actually fewer.
Would you expect that, considering that we are supposed to be in a pandemic....and that there are supposed to be local spikes??

It does not make sense and if it does not make sense then it cannot be true.
Old 12-08-2020, 18:30   #843
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

what i dispute is the fact there are a lot of people particularlly the young that can be influenced is that difficult to see?
Old 12-08-2020, 18:42   #844
Beacon of light

Yes Cashy, it is difficult because I do not believe they read what I am writing....and I doubt that I have ANY influence whatsoever.

They are far more likely to be influenced by their peers on Facebook and YouTube....not Accyweb.
Old 12-08-2020, 18:52   #845
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i think they read most stuff that agrees with them its a kids thing i reckon.
Old 12-08-2020, 19:46   #846
Beacon of light

Maybe on Facebook, whatsapp and such like but here?
No I don't think so.
Accyweb does not have anything to attract them Cashy...however sad, it is so.
We are not 'trendy' or whatever other adjective is currently in use for 'popular'.
Old 12-08-2020, 21:08   #847

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
We are not 'trendy' or whatever other adjective is currently in use for 'popular'.

Unless its changed again its 'cool', a bit ironic given the current weather.
Hill Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 21:44   #848
Beacon of light

That is good to know Hill Walker, though I am not really down with the kids....as I say, they take absolutely no notice of me.
I sometimes wonder if I am the invisible woman
Old 12-08-2020, 22:26   #849

I think a lot of the people who wear the face nappies should continue to do so forever so we don't have to listen to the excrement exuding from their gobs.
monkey hanger likes this.
Jimmy Clitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 22:35   #850

Incidentally am not sure you've heard of Vernon Coleman but he has done some excellent You Tube videos from the perspective of an old ****** in a chair.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd6...LPUkw1BfiJDibw
Jimmy Clitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2020, 05:48   #851
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
Margaret, enough is enough, if you think that your conspiricy theory is correct then fair enough, if you don't want to wear a mask, again it is up to you, but do not forget that many, many minors, (as in children) read these posts and I am more than afraid that some of them will be saying to their parents (I don't need to wear this mask, The lady on Accrington Web says so.
As I put in another post I had to wear a mask for my job at times, if the firm or whoever insists on you wearing a mask and you don't agree then look for another job.
Taddy, your response to my post is, in essence, telling me to shut up.

Ok, you did it quite diplomatically and vaguely justified it by trying to convince me that I am polluting(or as you put it, influencing them to disregard government edicts) young minds.
I do not subscribe to this view at all...because I have provided, wherever possible, links that will give information as to why my views are as they are.

Now, I can post as many links as I like, but I can only hope that those who wish to know more about things will read them...but it is down to them.

The information is out there...I find it, I post it...the rest is up to you.
I have posted evidence based research about current government guidelines....which points out that these are flawed.
At no point have I said 'don't wear a mask'....I have said that I won't wear one....and used the reasoning of science based journals(and experience).

I have posted stuff by university professors...epidemiologists, who have used evidence based research to tell us how those government has got it wrong...in numerous ways.
You can decide that you do not want to read this stuff, but if that is your choice, then please do not tell me to shut up....however diplomatically.

It was George Orwell who said
'The more a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it'
I am sorry if my speaking against what I see as the greatest fraud in history, offends you, but I cannot stay silent
Old 13-08-2020, 07:47   #852
Beacon of light

As for conspiracy theories.
The definition of a conspiracy theory is:-
'A belief that a covert influential organisation is responsible for an unexplained event'
That is a dictionary definition.
You have said that my information posted is a conspiracy theory.
Clearly this cannot be true as I have posted information that came from a global government conference where 196 governments signed up to a 'drill' of what to do in a global crisis...like a pandemic.
There is documentary evidence of this and I have posted a link to it.....but maybe you did not read it.
There are videos of US politician Mike Pompeo mentioning this....so cannot be seen as a conspiracy.

You may think I am labouring a point here, but you need to know that I post honestly and there are certain things that I am passionate about.
A future for our children is one of these things, jobs, education, homes and the possibility of a better life.
All of this has been trashed.
Not by a virus, but by a short sighted set of politicians and a nanny state.
Wake up we are being lied to.
Old 13-08-2020, 08:12   #853
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Clitheroe View Post
Incidentally am not sure you've heard of Vernon Coleman but he has done some excellent You Tube videos from the perspective of an old ****** in a chair.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd6...LPUkw1BfiJDibw
plus there are plenty of others on youtube that give an alternative to the governments stratagy on masks and other virus related stuff. funny how these people are what others discribe them as from the political right.
cashman likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2020, 08:18   #854
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Taddy, your response to my post is, in essence, telling me to shut up.

Ok, you did it quite diplomatically and vaguely justified it by trying to convince me that I am polluting(or as you put it, influencing them to disregard government edicts) young minds.

It was George Orwell who said
'The more a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it'
I am sorry if my speaking against what I see as the greatest fraud in history, offends you, but I cannot stay silent
your first paragraph shows that something is needed to keep the sheep from following every single message it puts out without any thought whatsoever. if those with similar views to you are looked at their subscibers and viewers have gone through the roof over the last few months. keep going margaret, accy web needs you.
Old 13-08-2020, 08:25   #855
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1243200]

The science behind wearing masks has not changed.
It will NOT protect you from Covid, it will not protect others from Covid if you are carrying it.
These masks say on the boxes that they will not protect against Covid.

The Manufacturers are telling you thios because it is TRUE

and thats just the official masks made to a certain standard. not those home made things or joke masks made by someone for ebay sales to make a little earner out of the situation. you can actually buy one with the letters SNP printed on. skull and crossbones would be more appropiate i think.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..