Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2020, 08:26   #1096
God Member

Re: Corona Virus

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1245489]
Do you think these learned men and women will have any effect on our flaccid government...or any governments, because these are scientists from all over the world?

a quick answer is a big NO. if they did it would completely lose face and careers of some would quickly come to an end. never forget the ferguson bloke, if he hadn,t done a paddy ashdown then he,d still be on the top table and we could be in a bigger mess than we are in if thats possible.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-10-2020, 09:06   #1097
Beacon of light

This declaration is the one mentioned in the video that Exile has posted....and the link under the video shows the declaration in full...it is common sense, but alas it has come too late....and is still not being heeded.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 09:21   #1098
Beacon of light

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1245492]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Do you think these learned men and women will have any effect on our flaccid government...or any governments, because these are scientists from all over the world?

a quick answer is a big NO. if they did it would completely lose face and careers of some would quickly come to an end. never forget the ferguson bloke, if he hadn,t done a paddy ashdown then he,d still be on the top table and we could be in a bigger mess than we are in if thats possible.
I think that if these scientists and medics had done this on their own then, yes some of them may have been 'cancelled(that is the current term for such a thing)....but when over 4000 respected academics, scientists and professors come together and raise the issue(as they have been doing since March) then it is far harder to ignore.

Many of the people who have signed this declaration have expertise in the fields of virology, epidemiology, public health, so they have a better overview....a better concept of how to manage the issues.

Sweden had NO lockdown....and they have had no greater death rates, and no disruption to their local economies(yes, their economy has been affected by global issues).

I have been a dissenter from the outset.....I could see where things were being badly managed......like no block on people coming into the country from overseas....no health check for those coming into the country those with possible Covid infections being nursed in District General Hospital rather than designated isolation units.
Sending elderly patients into this environment for some other reason and then discharging them back to care homes with the infection, but not notifying the care home(that, in my opinion constitues a criminal offence).
Counting positive tests in the absence of symptoms, but calling them cases.
PCR tests fiasco(both using PCR for diagnosis and the fiasco of tests not being available...either through lack of staff in laboratories or at test sites.

The people who govern our country are supposed to be intelligent people....with educations that I could never dream of, yet they seem to have no concept of joined up thinking.
And please, please do not tell me that this was an unprecedented situation.
That it was is of no doubt, but many many common sense measures could have been employed to ensure we did not get into the mess we are in now.

Note....the quote is from Monkey Hanger in response to a post of mine...just so you know I am not replying to my own posts.
monkey hanger likes this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 07-10-2020 at 09:24.
Old 07-10-2020, 09:30   #1099
Beacon of light

Here is the article from the Mail....the figure of scientists, medics and professors has risen to 6000 now

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ignatures.html

When it hits Main Stream Medis, then it has to be taken account of.....the dissenters cannot be ignored when they form such a large group.....the declaration has 50,000 supporters worldwide and this number is growing.
monkey hanger likes this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 07-10-2020 at 09:33.
Old 07-10-2020, 13:31   #1100
God Member

Very interesting chat with Dr. Malcolm Kendrick, who writes some excellent stuff on his own web site.
It’s a long chat but I found it all very illuminating - from a real doctor, who deals with real people, not some academic computer modeller or lying/ignorant politician.

If you don’t have the time or attention span, I found the latter bit from about 45 minutes of value. Some great, simple advice about how to reduce the already very, very low chances of catching a cold or flu this winter.

https://brandnewtube.com/watch/dr-za...HuoMorJVI.html
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 13:37   #1101

Hi Everybody,
As a sort of "Outsider looking on the Inside", does anybody know the reason for Covid 19 spreading so much in the North West i.e. Hyndburn, Blackburn, Burnley, Preston etc.
Abroad I watch the news from the BBC and Sky, but until now I've never heard the reason for this pandemic being so high in the above mentioned regions.

Cheers and take care
landhusweg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 13:46   #1102
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

thing is i saw a scientist on tv today who said that half of them said one way and half said the other, so tell me what choice does any government have? they are not experts in owt like this, so why listen to ANY side? i certainly do not and just do what i think is the best way to cope, i may be right or wrong who knows, nobody is the sensible answer as far as im concerned.to me the government are just doing what they have been advised,
Old 07-10-2020, 14:22   #1103
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by landhusweg View Post
Hi Everybody,
As a sort of "Outsider looking on the Inside", does anybody know the reason for Covid 19 spreading so much in the North West i.e. Hyndburn, Blackburn, Burnley, Preston etc.
Abroad I watch the news from the BBC and Sky, but until now I've never heard the reason for this pandemic being so high in the above mentioned regions.

Cheers and take care
I think that one of the problems is that the powers that be count positive swab tests as 'a case'...now if a clinician got a positive result of some test, but the patient had NO symptoms, then they would not count it as 'a case'.
They have been doing a lot of testing in the North West....Burnley,
Pendle, etc.....now if you do more tests it stands to reason that you will have more positive results.....that might be one of the reasons.....another might be due to the fact that the PCR test relies on the amplification of the DNA/RNA in each sample....this means that at a certain amplification all swabs will return a positive result....the other thing about the PCR test is that it is not specific to the genetic material of Covid 19, it picks up the genetic leavings on any other virus that you might have had in the last twelve months.

Now does that make sense for closing the country down and ruining the economy?
Old 07-10-2020, 14:31   #1104
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
thing is i saw a scientist on tv today who said that half of them said one way and half said the other, so tell me what choice does any government have? they are not experts in owt like this, so why listen to ANY side? i certainly do not and just do what i think is the best way to cope, i may be right or wrong who knows, nobody is the sensible answer as far as im concerned.to me the government are just doing what they have been advised,
Cashy, when a huge group of scientists from all over the world call into question the way that governments have dealt with this issue you have to ask yourself some questions.

Like what is the ulterior motive of those who have put us in this position?
Those who the government have looked to for guidance, because, yes, you are right...the government have no expertise in this field.

I think if you look at the common denominator you will find that it is linked to Bill
Gates, vaccinations and the influence of big Pharma.
How much money are these big Pharma going to make out of vaccinating the world?
How much will the shares that Chris Whitty currently hold( currently six hundred thousand quids worth) be worth when he awards the tender to the company he is in the pocket of?

Cashy, I know that you have your own thoughts on this, but the fact that those 6 thousand medical professionals, and a huge number of the general public are asking some awkward questions means that I no longer belong to a small tin foil hat brigade.
There is an awakening out there and it is growing.
Old 07-10-2020, 14:41   #1105
Beacon of light

this might be illuminating Landhausweg.
Old 07-10-2020, 14:46   #1106
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Like i said its half and half so i ignore the lot of em not side with who suits me.
Old 07-10-2020, 17:12   #1107
Beacon of light

Exile I have just watched the Malcolm Kendrick interview and I found it very interesting.
Thank you for the link.
Old 08-10-2020, 09:11   #1108
God Member

[QUOTE=cashman;1245503]thing is i saw a scientist on tv today who said that half of them said one way and half said the other,

you have as much chance in glasgow of getting a rangers and celtic fan to agree on a game than scientists ever agreeing. its about finding ones who actually agree with your take on this and every other subject. for me the government have chosen the advice on the line they wanted to go down in the first place. once you go down a certain line it would cause a major U turn that may affect em where it really hurts, a future general election.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 09:34   #1109
Beacon of light

I see Channel 4 news have dug up opponents to the Barrington declaration...well, quelle surprise!

So they don't think this growing group of scientists, medical professional, virologists, epidemiologists are on the right track when they say that lockdown does not work.
But have they looked at the evidence Sweden provides.
If you have employed a method that has not worked after six months, then shouldn't you question the method.
We have had varieties of restrictions now for almost six months and we are being told that the infection rates are rising(these figures are dubious and couched in such terms that they actually mean nothing)
Sweden, it is considered, has acquired herd immunity by going about their daily doings WITHOUT HAVING A LOCKDOWN.

We are also being blamed for this method of controlling the virus being ineffectual.
The virus cannot be controlled...it has to be lived with
Is that not evidence to show that in this country and those who have used the lockdown restrictions, the issues have been badly managed from the very beginning.
Mainly because governments are listening to, and following, the wrong advice...the advice of those who have a vested interest.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 08-10-2020 at 09:39.
Old 08-10-2020, 10:05   #1110
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Like i said its half and half so i ignore the lot of em not side with who suits me.
Cashy, if you have watched the video that I posted in the post before yours, then I cannot see how you can come to this conclusion.

This is a lawyer talking about criminal proceedings (for Crimes against humanity)against the German government, but his case relies on the garnering of evidence...and applies to any country who used the pandemic to remove rights and freedoms.

He gives the evidence clearly, he states the facts of why he feels that governments have perpetrated this crime against humanity....he cites the perpetrators of these crimes(WHO. GAVI,Bill gates foundation and the big Pharma and tech companies) he explains their motives clearly(money, the harvesting of personal and genetic data)...yet you do not believe this.

These are things I have been saying and posting for almost six months...six months in which we have been robbed of our freedom.

I know you lost a good friend to the virus and of course that has to be a factor.
But when evidence comes to light of a huge global con, it is disregarded.

The world is in a stupid place right now because there are people who care only about money...not about your health or well being.
That is where the crime lies.

I now wait for a knock on the door from the thought police.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..