Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2020, 11:15   #1111
God Member

Re: Corona Virus

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1245526]
The virus cannot be controlled...it has to be lived with

think through project fear many actually want to go further than actually controlling the virus but want it irradicating before any normality is resumed. medical matters is not the top of my knowledge{that gives me chance of being a government expert then** but i,m sure there has been cases of almost every disease known to man that have popped up somewhere in the world. even some remote animal disease is never classed as being irradicated but states like last known case being 1876 etc. some want a miracle which aint going to happen.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-10-2020, 11:27   #1112

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1245530]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
The virus cannot be controlled...it has to be lived with

think through project fear many actually want to go further than actually controlling the virus but want it irradicating before any normality is resumed. medical matters is not the top of my knowledge{that gives me chance of being a government expert then** but i,m sure there has been cases of almost every disease known to man that have popped up somewhere in the world. even some remote animal disease is never classed as being irradicated but states like last known case being 1876 etc. some want a miracle which aint going to happen.

The problem here is simple - People care about people, nature cares about species not individuals.
Hill Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 12:15   #1113
Beacon of light

There has been some leaked document that says that a vaccination program is about to start......and it will save Christmas.
I wait with bated breath.
monkey hanger likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 13:51   #1114
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Cashy, if you have watched the video that I posted in the post before yours, then I cannot see how you can come to this conclusion.
I did watch it and i cannot see how you have come to your conclusion.so lets leave it yon.
Less likes this.
Old 08-10-2020, 14:30   #1115
Beacon of light

Yes, perhaps that would be best.
Old 09-10-2020, 08:17   #1116
God Member

Quote:
There has been some leaked document that says that a vaccination program is about to start......and it will save Christmas.
I wait with bated breath.
i,ll wait with bated breath just to refuse the vaccination. that will open another can of worms for sure.
Old 09-10-2020, 08:29   #1117
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
i,ll wait with bated breath just to refuse the vaccination. that will open another can of worms for sure.

My breath won't be bated (though first thing in the morning until I've brushed my teeth it sometimes tastes like I've eaten a tin of worm bait).

Your an adult and it's your choice no real controversy about it.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 11:07   #1118
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post

Your an adult and it's your choice no real controversy about it.
the controversy will start if places demand you to have been vacinated before you enter. no proof, no entry. there has been talk already of this going to apply to gain entry into sports stadiums to allow crowds back in. who would have thought 12 months ago we would be talking about face muzzles and the other restrictions forced onto us at present. the vacine providers will be pushing this for their own ends and with friends like whitty who have had more power than anyone in this country since charles 1st anything is totally possible.
Old 09-10-2020, 15:46   #1119
Full Member+

I would doubt that Whitty has had more power than Cummings.
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 07:46   #1120

Quote:
the controversy will start if places demand you to have been vacinated before you enter. no proof, no entry. there has been talk already of this going to apply to gain entry into sports stadiums to allow crowds back in. who would have thought 12 months ago we would be talking about face muzzles and the other restrictions forced onto us at present. the vacine providers will be pushing this for their own ends and with friends like whitty who have had more power than anyone in this country since charles 1st anything is totally possible.
Well, I've given this a certain amount of thunk, you don't say if it's the Government or sports bodies that will bring in this ruling.
However, vaccination has always up until now, been voluntary and should NEVER be compulsory so I too consider it to be a step too far. I won't be changing my mind, I still think vaccination is a good thing but, not when forced upon unwilling participants that would rather not take advantage of a little prick (and lets face it there must be plenty of little pricks around to have thought this one up). So power to your elbow, hope you can stick to your guns and still get to watch the sport you're interested in.
Old 10-10-2020, 09:59   #1121
God Member

[QUOTE=Less;1245601]Well, I've given this a certain amount of thunk, you don't say if it's the Government or sports bodies that will bring in this ruling.
However, vaccination has always up until now, been voluntary and should NEVER be compulsory so I too consider it to be a step too far.

mind you i never thought the population would have to provide their own details just to buy a pint or eat some underdone restaurant food never mind this app business. nothing now would surprise me in the least where the millions of sheep cannot wait for their jab and then have a go at those who refuse. any other non muzzle wearing unvaccinated types will be named and shamed akin to child groomers.
Old 10-10-2020, 14:26   #1122
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
mind you i never thought the population would have to provide their own details just to buy a pint or eat some underdone restaurant food

They've been doing that over here for months & no official body has come forward to collect the details, landlords & restaurant owners are stuck with folders & boxes full of personal details from their customers, yet they can't dispose of them because of certain rules, yet they aren't really allowed to keep them due to data protection regulations.

They are stuck between a rock & a hard place it seems & under pressure from both sides.
Old 10-10-2020, 16:05   #1123

Now then, if vaccination is voluntary then we have no-one to blame but ourselves if it goes tits up, if however people are forced to take the 'Queens needle' for the 'good of all' surely whomsoever forces this upon us becomes responsible therefore tits up equals lots and lots of irate survivors suing those that took on the responsibility of forcing the needle in.

Or is there a get out clause?

i.e. It's not our fault we took the advice of pompous so called 'experts'.
Old 10-10-2020, 16:41   #1124
Beacon of light

The big Pharma companies who produce vaccines are exempt from ANY litigation.
Those who give the vaccine are exempt from litigation.
Next time you get a vaccination ask for the product insert and look at section 13.
Old 11-10-2020, 10:45   #1125

I wish I had known that when I had the Flu jab
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..