Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-10-2020, 20:18   #1171
Beacon of light

Re: Corona Virus

Thank you Less!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-10-2020, 08:18   #1172
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
We were told the Liverpool was going into tier three because their ICU was 80%
Full, but the hospitals in Liverpool refuted this and said it was 70%(and this is the usual level of occupancy).
So you have to be cynical about what is being said...even more cynical about WHY!
actually when i have visited people in hospital they have always looked full to me. you have worked in these places margaret so i imagine that the percentages quoted have been correct at this and other times of the year. what per centage of ICU beds do they possibly want. if it got too low then they may shut em anyway and move patiants somewhere else.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2020, 10:00   #1173
Beacon of light

I am still in contact with some of my past colleagues...some of whom are now retired, but they have daughters who work in the NHS...they tell me(and I have no reason to doubt this) they are not allowed to mention anything about what is going on in the hospitals, but the level of patients in the local ICU is lower than at this time last year...and that two of the patients currently being looked after are not patients with the virus.

But then you do not have to believe this...after all why would anyone believe a conspiracy theorist?
I have added to this post a picture of the main corridor of the RBH...this was taken at mid morning recently when a family member had to go for blood tests because the local GP practice would not do them...citing Covid restrictions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4843.jpg (2.94 MB, 17 views)
nicola68 and monkey hanger like this.
Old 21-10-2020, 11:38   #1174
God Member

And to add to anecdotal evidence such as the above photo, the article below reveals that the NHS in the North West is deliberately withholding data on admissions from the Manchester Evening News. Or at least being told to do so.

https://lockdownsceptics.org/

Why would a public agency or government deliberately refuse to provide admissions data to a bona fide newspaper, or is the MEN now a conspiracy rag?

I saw a table (still trying to find it again) which compared Liverpool’s ICU capacities at this time of the year with 2019. Last year (no pandemic!) they were closer to 100% than now.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2020, 12:58   #1175
Beacon of light

Hello Exile. Welcome to the conspiracy theorists club.
At least now I will have someone to talk to.
nicola68 and taddy like this.
Old 21-10-2020, 13:06   #1176
Beacon of light

Covid admissions in the North West are no higher than admissions would be for other respiratory illnesses in a normal year. Yes, Covid admissions are up, but admissions for pneumonia are down. Indeed, hospital admissions for all respiratory illnesses in the North West were about half the five-year average at the end of September. What looks to be happening is that elderly patients who would normally be admitted for flu and pneumonia are being admitted for COVID-19 instead. Which means that hospitals in the North West are nowhere close to being overwhelmed. If that’s the rationale for placing Greater Manchester in Tier 3 – protect the NHS – it doesn’t stack up.

That is an extract from the linked article in Exiles post....my sources(though they be anecdotal) reflect this...so tell me...why do you think we are being lied to??
nicola68 and monkey hanger like this.
Old 22-10-2020, 08:48   #1177
God Member

Quote:
That is an extract from the linked article in Exiles post....my sources(though they be anecdotal) reflect this...so tell me...why do you think we are being lied to??
have they reached the point of actually believing their own lies. its like as a kid when you stetched the truth somewhat or in your teens when your success with the girls became more of your fantisy than fact. the government now has gone down one line so long their minds of them and their advisors cannot admit and will not change from more mistakes. they believe now they are right.
Old 22-10-2020, 08:51   #1178
God Member

Quote:
Hello Exile. Welcome to the conspiracy theorists club.
At least now I will have someone to talk to.
its not a conspiracy theorists club, its millions who know there is more than one way to do any job like there always will be.
Old 22-10-2020, 20:28   #1179
God Member

Here’s the evidence the Govt have been withholding that proves it must be all those pubs and bars that causing Covid deaths.��
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg AEF63060-D6DC-45E0-BE30-DBDEAD6F23C9.jpeg (140.9 KB, 15 views)
Old 23-10-2020, 08:48   #1180
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Here’s the evidence the Govt have been withholding that proves it must be all those pubs and bars that causing Covid deaths.��
those who do not frequent pubs and bars will still insist that they do. when non mark wearers say that the numbers have gone up since mask wearing became compulsory in certain places the mask brigade say it would have even been higher without them. you just cannot win. millions have been so easily taken in by certain scientists and the government that i,ll bet they would have been surprised how easy its been.
Old 23-10-2020, 17:18   #1181
God Member

It ‘s now more of a game show for ego-strutting politicians and their friends and families in the MSM than anything else.

Btw, if anyone genuinely believes wearing a mask will actually protect them, here’s some information that might worry them even more.
Unfortunately (for those who don’t like reading) it’s fairly long, but very informative.

https://www.aier.org/article/the-year-of-disguises/
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 23-10-2020, 19:31   #1182
Beacon of light

A very interesting read, but I fear this will anguish unread.it seems to me that most folk feel that the knee jerk policy that is mask wearing, is acceptable, even welcomed.

I recently read a peer reviewed article on the wearing of masks and the long term damage that may ensue as a result.
All masks shed fibres....these are inhaled and cause pulmonary(lung) irritation.
There is even the risk of pulmonary fibrosis....this is a terminal condition with a prognosis of less than five years.
Not to mention the inhalation of fungal spores...again incurable.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 24-10-2020, 08:31   #1183
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1246075]A very interesting read, but I fear this will anguish unread.it seems to me that most folk feel that the knee jerk policy that is mask wearing, is acceptable, even welcomed.

I recently read a peer reviewed article on the wearing of masks and the long term damage that may ensue as a result.

round my way there seem to be more muzzle wearers outside in places you do not need em. even just over one hour ago a woman was walking her dog on the moors above haworth with one on.{her not the dog**. the more that are seen wearing em then the more of a chance of em being made compulsory to wear one outside the house. infact i always make a comment to her in the kitchen when we see a masked raider as we call em in a non mask situation till they can hear it. have been told in the past my voice really carries. sod what they think.
Old 24-10-2020, 08:36   #1184
Beacon of light

That should read 'languish'.....not anguish, though there is a fair bit of that about right now.
Old 24-10-2020, 08:43   #1185
Beacon of light

The mask has almost gained fashion status.
I saw a young lass in a mask that was covered all over in sequins.....she will wear that day in, day out and it will never see the inside of a washing machine or a hot wash(not that a hot wash removes much in the way of bacteria...so pretty, but useless.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..